Abu sdk 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

pampers4U

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey all, hope all is well with everyone, I saw a couple snips of the new abu sdk 2.0's mentioned here, but I could not find a dedicated thread.
I'm really kind of excited for this diaper, and I cant wait to try one, supposedly they will be available in February. If Casey reads this lol joking when I say this, but I have no problem being a beta tester for this product.

I'm also looking forward to trying this out. My chief complaint with these has always been their capacity which has been negligible to none. Otherwise I love the look and feel of them. I can't wait to try these out next month.

I wonder if ABU will be using the base diaper for the Space Diapers, but using the SDK print? In that case it will be a very absorptive diaper.

Iron said:
I'm also looking forward to trying this out. My chief complaint with these has always been their capacity which has been negligible to none. Otherwise I love the look and feel of them. I can't wait to try these out next month.

I guess I must be different. Because I've found that even the older original SDKs have had better capacity than any mainstream adult diaper on the market. Nothing from Prevail, Attends, KC, Covidien, or Dignity cold even approach the performance of the ABU SDKs. I have, in fact, found them at least as good, if not better than all of the cloth-backed Abenas, because the SDKs have always held their shape with no padding shift or clumps. Like the Bambino Bellissimos, they could be worn for hours before a swap was even necessary. I would not discount the performance and quality of ABU and Bambino products. They are, and always have been, the best products on the market for adult incontinence. Doctors, nurses, and care centers have NO CLUE what these products have to offer. If I had to care for an adult, I would want them in SDK's as opposed to ANYTHING offered by Kimberly Clark, Prevail, or Attends.

New SDK!?! Umm, that's my favorite print. I can't wait to see / try them out. The SDK is a recreation of the first diaper I ever got my hands on, a Pampers from the late 90's / early 2000's.

Honeywell6180 said:
I guess I must be different. Because I've found that even the older original SDKs have had better capacity than any mainstream adult diaper on the market. Nothing from Prevail, Attends, KC, Covidien, or Dignity cold even approach the performance of the ABU SDKs. I have, in fact, found them at least as good, if not better than all of the cloth-backed Abenas, because the SDKs have always held their shape with no padding shift or clumps. Like the Bambino Bellissimos, they could be worn for hours before a swap was even necessary. I would not discount the performance and quality of ABU and Bambino products. They are, and always have been, the best products on the market for adult incontinence. Doctors, nurses, and care centers have NO CLUE what these products have to offer. If I had to care for an adult, I would want them in SDK's as opposed to ANYTHING offered by Kimberly Clark, Prevail, or Attends.

Fair enough. I could admit to comparing them to Abena's or anything else comparable. And I am strictly talking about single diaper capacity without any boosters or doubling. One thing I love about the SDKs is that I could double up the boosters and they would still fit within the leak guards and leg gathers which make them ridiculously comfortable and easily provide the desired capacity. Either way, I'm seriously excited about getting them with more capacity if they keep the same soft and smooth outer shell.

pampers4U said:
Hey all, hope all is well with everyone, I saw a couple snips of the new abu sdk 2.0's mentioned here, but I could not find a dedicated thread.
I'm really kind of excited for this diaper, and I cant wait to try one, supposedly they will be available in February. If Casey reads this lol joking when I say this, but I have no problem being a beta tester for this product.

You have any links to information about ABU redoing the SDK? I didn't see anything on their site about it.

Ohh. Nice. Thanks Seug.

Note said:
For fucks sake ABU, have a decent sale already. This is torture.

bear in mind, ABU's very frequent sales were probably a contributing factor to their failing. You can't just give stuff away all the time and stay in business. So while I like sales, I also like good businesses staying in business, for similarly selfish reasons ;)

In a way I kinda feel bad for that low-profile place that did the abena bogo's recently. (I heard some people talk of getting 30 cases - an incontinent person would have NO problem doing that if they had the cash and storage space to spare. 30 cases, using only 3 diapers a day would last only one year) Selling that much inventory at a loss can't have been good for the store's finances.

I'm super excited too. As a lover of vintage diapers, I've always been disappointed in the swelling ability of the SDKs compared to a real vintage pampers diaper. I have 100% faith in the new ABU to make these new SDK 2.0's my new favorite playtime diaper. I think that the added thickness and absorbency will put them in the "DL sweet spot": enough absorbency and swelling, without so much that I either feel guilty for not using the diapers capacity, or I have to very carefully hydrate beforehand to make sure I adequately soak a Space Diaper.

bambinod said:
bear in mind, ABU's very frequent sales were probably a contributing factor to their failing. You can't just give stuff away all the time and stay in business. So while I like sales, I also like good businesses staying in business, for similarly selfish reasons ;)

In a way I kinda feel bad for that low-profile place that did the abena bogo's recently. (I heard some people talk of getting 30 cases - an incontinent person would have NO problem doing that if they had the cash and storage space to spare. 30 cases, using only 3 diapers a day would last only one year) Selling that much inventory at a loss can't have been good for the store's finances.

I would have to agree that ABU does not need to sell at a discount. What they have, at just less than $2.00 each, works. It's the same with Bambino. I would rather wear something that costs $2.00 for 8 hours, than have to go through 7 or 8 of the ones bought for 50 cents in the same time period. It's just more affordable to manage my condition that way.

On the sale of the Abenas: I got samples of their Premium Air Plus M4s, and I wasn't too impressed. So I passed. My waist is too small for them to fit tight enough, and they feel flimsy. Northshore with their Supremes are a better bargain, because each one is wearable for at least 4 times as long as each of the Abenas. I don't get as many of the Northshore Supremes, or as many of the Dry 24/7s from XP Medical. But the better durability always offsets the cost, making the cheaper garment actually more expensive.

bambinod said:

i agree with you there. i only picked up 2 cases. didnt have the money to abuse it like others. but still prob hit them hard.

suuuuuper excited by this. They look much better than Little Pawz and Space. It would be the most tempted I've ever been to buy AB print diapers.

Is anyone else sad to see the blue waistbands go?

I saw a couple new pics on the Abu website, they sdk's look great, the print seems a little lighter / thinner, or not as bold, the tapes don't seem as heavy, and a new replica baby dry background package. I seriously can't wait for these, this might be a game changer

Can anyone post a link to the new photos I can't find them
Also are the changes happening to the cloth backed cushies as well

Chase said:
Is anyone else sad to see the blue waistbands go?

It's going away? Awe. Yeah. I'm sad about that. I liked them having the blue waistband & blue leak guards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back