Abu sdk 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walak said:
ABUniverse tossed the community a middle finger with the 3$ per diaper.
Thoroughly unimpressed, taking my business elsewhere for the time being.
That price includes shipping, sure they could've released cases but the $30 per pack is normal, wait until the cases and half cases come out.

Just to compare, Bambino Bellissmos cost $45 per 16 diapers.

They are just trying to limit the initial start to try and give more opportunities for others to try it with the first run of these.

There's no actual price increase vs other diapers.

Mattew said:
I'm not with the company or anything. I was supposed to send him a package with a few in it, while he was away on a trip. But turns out it was going to cost $60 in postage alone to mail him 4 diapers. So I figured I'd just wait to give them to him when he gets back home. We know each other irl.

Oh OK.

Can anyone measure the new sdk2.0 medium so I can compair the new vs old style, I'm in between sizes and the old mediums were to small but the larger a were way to big, I was hoping that the new mediums would be a little longer / wider wings. I have a few old ones left to measure, I will take an old one lay it out and stretch it to get the measurements, thanks

Indyboy4 said:
I'll probably be buying a pack soon but can only buy 1 because of the monies. I'm trying to decide between Space and SDK 2.0. I haven't worn either before. Thoughts?

They're vastly different diapers. I just got my SDKs in last night but I have a lot of experience with the Space design. You'll need to focus on one or two aspects and choose based on that. Considering the most important differences for you, Space have a wider crotch, four tapes instead of two, and the shell is slightly stiffer. If you decide to go with the space design, there are three variations on that - space, simple, and paws, which only differ in looks, so get what you want there.

OhHeyThere said:
Yeah, just got a sample pack. Sad though, the vintage pack used to be 3 for 12. Respectable, though, as the new style is more premium.

The old one was 3 for $14.99, now it's 2 for $12.00, both with the $5 gift cards. The reason for the change in quantity was shipping - the weight increase on that third diaper nearly doubles the cost.

- - - Updated - - -

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
That price includes shipping, sure they could've released cases but the $30 per pack is normal, wait until the cases and half cases come out.

Just to compare, Bambino Bellissmos cost $45 per 16 diapers.

They are just trying to limit the initial start to try and give more opportunities for others to try it with the first run of these.

There's no actual price increase vs other diapers.

Half cases are available now, we just having publicized it (as we don't want a rush on our inventory right now). We'll have cases available in March, and SDK 2.0's will cost $.02 more than an M4.

- - - Updated - - -

pampers4U said:
Can anyone measure the new sdk2.0 medium so I can compair the new vs old style, I'm in between sizes and the old mediums were to small but the larger a were way to big, I was hoping that the new mediums would be a little longer / wider wings. I have a few old ones left to measure, I will take an old one lay it out and stretch it to get the measurements, thanks

I cannot stress enough how important the sample packs are. Please order a sample pack first if you're unsure of size.

Is there any way to get a sample in England? I know you can't give them out for free but it seems nappiesru doesn't do samples.

klo555 said:
Half cases are available now, we just having publicized it (as we don't want a rush on our inventory right now). We'll have cases available in March, and SDK 2.0's will cost $.02 more than an M4.

That'll be awesome. I just looked at xpmed's site and their L4 are going for $1.40/pc by the 42ct case. SDKs for under a buck fifty... (they're around $2 now by the half-case) So yeah, looking forward to that.

I still need to tweak my taping a little though, the single tapes take getting used to.

pampers4U said:

....I expect an attaboy for this! The new SDK have longer wings front and back! My measurements are as follows for old & new...

OLD SDK, NEW SDK

Plastic backing dimensions=

Front to back: 31.5" (both)
Middle: 12.5" / 11.5"
Front wing: 24.5" / 26.5"
Back wing: 24.5" / 26.5"

Padding Dimensions=

Front to back: 26" / 25"
Middle: 7.5" / 6.5"
Front: 15" / 9.5"
Back: 15" / 12.5"
Between front/back: 9.5" / 8.5"

Last edited:
That's not surprising to see the difference, it's a different model of diaper. The artwork and the single superwide tapes are really all that remains of the "original cushies"

I have only tried one so far but think they are superior to the old model. The old ones constantly slipped down and I had to pull them up every few seconds/minutes. The new ones seem to stay where I strap them on and don't fall down. The new ones hold alot more and seem to swell decently but could swell a little more to mimic a baby diaper (like Tykables do). All in all ABU did a great job revising & updating the Cushies/SDK line of diapers. If I had the say to make 2 changes I would add an elastic waist band in the front and extend the padding higher in the front.

I'm a bit late to this thread but I just tried the new SDK. I'm simultaneously disappointed and pleased. Here's my thoughts:

Pros:
* Noticeably thicker - yay! Nothing like Bellissimo's but on par with Tykables, Cuddlz and ASC.
* Longer wings so easier to put on
* More absorbent - I don't usually wet but tried it just to test
* Tapes are a bit weaker so won't ever tear the plastic. But this could also mean less retapings.

Cons:

* No crinkle - they are seriously the quietest diaper I've ever tried
* Padding very low in the front - looks strange visually, feels a bit odd
* Hourglass padding shape makes it look more like a medical diaper, less like a baby diaper

Obviously ABU can't please everyone and I'm sure some people think they are perfect. But as someone who isn't too fussed about wetting, I'm not sure if I prefer these or the old SDKs.

Their fit is too wide, and too short for me. Tapes are very close together in the front, and they are cut too low to fit me properly. So, I'll have to go with the more costly Simples or Little Paws.

I agree with DloverUK.
My lord these have to be most quietest nappy I've ever tried, I wouldn't believe I was wearing a plastic backed nappy!
For me that is a big disappointment.

I thought this nappy was supposed to replicate the old Pampers? They used to be really crinkley if I remember correctly?
Yea the looks and thicknesses have vastly improved and absorbency is gone up a great deal from the original which is great.
But it's lost it's fun factor for me, I love crinkley nappies it what's makes me feel small again.

Such a shame as I was so looking forward to trying these, I won't be purchasing anymore I'm afraid 😂

DLMunky said:
I have only tried one so far but think they are superior to the old model. The old ones constantly slipped down and I had to pull them up every few seconds/minutes. The new ones seem to stay where I strap them on and don't fall down. The new ones hold alot more and seem to swell decently but could swell a little more to mimic a baby diaper (like Tykables do). All in all ABU did a great job revising & updating the Cushies/SDK line of diapers. If I had the say to make 2 changes I would add an elastic waist band in the front and extend the padding higher in the front.

both are good suggestions, though I don't think strictly speaking they're needed. The vers 2's added rear elastic which really improved their comfort and as you've noticed they stay up better. Beyond the single wide tape (and art) it's really a totally different diaper, so much improved.

Has anyone had a issue with pinholes? I had the first one I wore leak from pinholes. I love them though and will definitely buy more soon.

bambinod said:
both are good suggestions, though I don't think strictly speaking they're needed. The vers 2's added rear elastic which really improved their comfort and as you've noticed they stay up better. Beyond the single wide tape (and art) it's really a totally different diaper, so much improved.

You're right they are not necessarily needed but I also agree with DloverUK, "Padding very low in the front - looks strange visually, feels a bit odd". Personally I'm not a big fan of having 3" of "dead space" between the top of the padding and the end of the plastic backing. Visually the padding should atleast end at the top of the landing zone, not in the middle of it.

I've said it before & I'll say it again: perfect diapers (IMO) are the 2014 Bambino lines. The front padding came up to within 1" of the outer plastic top and all that space was elastic waist band, visually appealing and no wasted "dead space". Now Bambino has added 1.5" to the over all length of the diaper by extending the front wing and making it taller. Did they extend the padding to fill in the "dead space", no the padding remained the same length.

My point in all this rambling is you can't please everyone! The majority of our community thought Bambino diapers were too short in length so they made them longer. I thought they were perfect because I could hide them under clothes without an inch of plastic crinkling above my belt telling my coworkers "he's wearing a diaper, shh..listen you can hear it".

Yes, if SDK and Cushies are to truly mimic the baby diapers they represent they should give away your position every time you move or breath. I how ever like that they are quiet because I can wear to work (been looking for a new work diaper) or I can wear at home around my kids without extensive cover-up measures.

owell, put it in the suggestion box for ABU, they seem to be very good about listening to customer feedback and "giving us what we want". If enough ask for a change, and it's doable, we'll probably see it. I suppose I'd agree on the issue of padding height in the front. It's not a problem when I'm dry, but by the time my diaper gets wet overnight, by morning, the padding line up front has dropped an inch or so due to the swelling in the crotch pulling my diaper down a bit.

I went through a few cases of ABU Super Dry Kids & Cushies about 2 years back. Thoroughly enjoyed them.

Once I get the right funds, I'll probably try out these new ones.

Just ordered samples today can't wait to try them!!!

I've gone through about 15 of the new SDKs. Like them so much I have a case of 80 on the way.

All in - they're a great diaper: 8/10. To make them a 10, they'd need more padding up front for boys, and a slicker/softer/crinklier plastic shell. Then they'd be about a perfect replica of my all time favorite diaper: Pampers Baby Dry from 1999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back