Abu sdk 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
babybobby said:
I've gone through about 15 of the new SDKs. Like them so much I have a case of 80 on the way.

All in - they're a great diaper: 8/10. To make them a 10, they'd need more padding up front for boys, and a slicker/softer/crinklier plastic shell. Then they'd be about a perfect replica of my all time favorite diaper: Pampers Baby Dry from 1999.

They're quite nice! With my regular daytime diaper at work (waddler regulars) apparently going away, I've been day-testing different diapers as a replacement, and I honestly thought the vers 2 cushies/sdk were going to be too bulky and not fit well for a long day, but I've been pleasantly surprised. (and here I sit at work right now, comfy in my cushies!) They also work really well overnight - they're not the highest capacity available, but if I had to settle on just ONE diaper to ever be able to wear again, I just might pick them for being the only diaper I know that's able to do a good job for work, leisure, and overnight.

(sidenote, I'd actually cancel out your suggestions - the padding in front seems to be enough, and the shell texture is about ideal - supple and soft, but not too smooth, it has a really good feel when I'm most often in contact with them, overnight)

I've got a case of larges headed my way, should be here on Monday the 21st, can't wait toggle be these a shot

Well I have tried them pros are I love the new tapes and how comfey it is. Cons still does not hold much pee. But that's okay because with the new owner at Abu he rocks!!! I can tell improvement have been made to the diapers they come out with. Keep up the good work I can't wait for future improvements

zackiepooh1992 said:
Well I have tried them pros are I love the new tapes and how comfey it is. Cons still does not hold much pee.

Are you talking about the new (rev 2) Cushies and SDKs? I've found they have a greatly improved capacity over the originals. They're still selling the remaining stock of vers 1 Cushies, maybe you got those? They're much lower capacity and tend to leak.

bambinod said:
Are you talking about the new (rev 2) Cushies and SDKs? I've found they have a greatly improved capacity over the originals. They're still selling the remaining stock of vers 1 Cushies, maybe you got those? They're much lower capacity and tend to leak.
No I had got the V2 version. Like I said though I'm positive that the owner will improve this diaper more in the future

bambinod said:
They're quite nice! With my regular daytime diaper at work (waddler regulars) apparently going away, I've been day-testing different diapers as a replacement, and I honestly thought the vers 2 cushies/sdk were going to be too bulky and not fit well for a long day, but I've been pleasantly surprised.

I thought Tykables would have the original Waddler back in production by now, wonder what the hold up is? What about the Waddler overnights? I bought 2 packs of them and a pack of the new SDK 2.0 to try out as a new daytime diaper for wearing to work. I must say I am diggin' the waddlers as a daytime diaper! Way better (IMO) diaper than the original Waddler and they start off thinner than the SDK but hold just as much. Not totally sure about the SDK as a daily diaper yet, more testing is needed, but they are quieter than the Waddlers which is nice. If ABU made Cushies & SDK exactly the same but with 4 tapes in addition to the 2 tape model I would buy them for every day wear. Don't get me wrong I love the 2 tape versions but when moving around constantly at work the top flapping around is kinda annoying, even after I shave off an inch of plastic above the landing zone.

DLMunky said:
I thought Tykables would have the original Waddler back in production by now, wonder what the hold up is? What about the Waddler overnights? I bought 2 packs of them and a pack of the new SDK 2.0 to try out as a new daytime diaper for wearing to work. I must say I am diggin' the waddlers as a daytime diaper! Way better (IMO) diaper than the original Waddler and they start off thinner than the SDK but hold just as much. Not totally sure about the SDK as a daily diaper yet, more testing is needed, but they are quieter than the Waddlers which is nice. If ABU made Cushies & SDK exactly the same but with 4 tapes in addition to the 2 tape model I would buy them for every day wear. Don't get me wrong I love the 2 tape versions but when moving around constantly at work the top flapping around is kinda annoying, even after I shave off an inch of plastic above the landing zone.

Maybe try a size smaller with the cushies/sdk then if they are too long?

one way or another I suppose I'll be ready for if/when the original waddlers are confirmed gone. I think I can make the cushies work for daytime. Taping position is critical for extended comfortable wear, but is doable with my pretaping technique.

I just ordered a case of Cushies, can't wait to compare them to the original.

Bokeh said:
I just ordered a case of Cushies, can't wait to compare them to the original.

Much better than the originals in every aspect except for crinkle noise if you want a loud diaper. I like that they are quieter, most people will not. I put one on last night before bed and a fresh one on before leaving for work, these are great for wearing around kids/other people. Still testing but so far enjoying and the top flap I mentioned above is not annoying me like I thought it was.

I got my order of sdk's a couple days ago, I've been wearing them since. When the originals were out I use to get size medium, over the years they became to small / tight, I once ordered size large in the originals and was swallowed up by them.
For the new sdk's I ordered large, the larges are still slightly to big for me ( there working but) the tapes are almost touching each other in the front, the front and back is about an 1" to long each way. I wish Abu ( although probably not cost effective for them) would offer a size regular for those in between size medium and size large. My body is a standard shape, I'm 6'1 with a 34" waist, to tight for mediums and to small for larges

pampers4U said:
I got my order of sdk's a couple days ago, I've been wearing them since. When the originals were out I use to get size medium, over the years they became to small / tight, I once ordered size large in the originals and was swallowed up by them.
For the new sdk's I ordered large, the larges are still slightly to big for me ( there working but) the tapes are almost touching each other in the front, the front and back is about an 1" to long each way. I wish Abu ( although probably not cost effective for them) would offer a size regular for those in between size medium and size large. My body is a standard shape, I'm 6'1 with a 34" waist, to tight for mediums and to small for larges

How are the medium too small? Is the tape not able to make it to the front wing?

pampers4U said:

You should have ordered a sample with one medium & one large first.
I tried helping you make the right choice earlier in this thread....
The new SDK have longer wings front and back!
My measurements are as follows for old & new...

OLD SDK, NEW SDK

Plastic backing dimensions=

Front to back: 31.5" (both)
Middle: 12.5" / 11.5"
Front wing: 24.5" / 26.5"
Back wing: 24.5" / 26.5"

Padding Dimensions=

Front to back: 26" / 25"
Middle: 7.5" / 6.5"
Front: 15" / 9.5"
Back: 15" / 12.5"
Between front/back: 9.5" / 8.5"

Roger that but the original mediums were not long enough

Ohh.. not long enough front to back, got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back