New to Diapers and Living with Parents

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeQueen

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I am currently living at home with my parents and two younger siblings. I am very much wanting to try diapers for the first time but I do not want my family to know. Can anyone give me tips on hiding my things and getting started?

SnakeQueen said:
So I am currently living at home with my parents and two younger siblings. I am very much wanting to try diapers for the first time but I do not want my family to know. Can anyone give me tips on hiding my things and getting started?

There is actually an article on this, which distils the results of a whole lot of discussions from the days when we had under-aged members.

The most obvious starting point is to carefully examine your bedroom for potential hiding places - under the bed, the space under the lowest drawer in a cabinet, a small backpack buried under other stuff at the back of the closet, etc. You also need to examine your parents and siblings behaviour, as to whether they ever enter your room, and if so, what they do there. Bear in mind that there are no guarantees that you will never be found out. Accidents do happen, and no hiding place is safe from a systematic search.

Akastus said:
The most obvious starting point is to carefully examine your bedroom for potential hiding places - under the bed, the space under the lowest drawer in a cabinet, a small backpack buried under other stuff at the back of the closet, etc. You also need to examine your parents and siblings behaviour, as to whether they ever enter your room, and if so, what they do there. Bear in mind that there are no guarantees that you will never be found out. Accidents do happen, and no hiding place is safe from a systematic search.

I have actually already figured out a possible hiding spot. I have this trunk in my room that everyone sits on when they come in. It is stuffed with extra blankets and stuffed animals and such. I can always hide something under all the junk in there. Thank you for the article! I'll look it over for more info.

Another good location is inside furniture. Not like placing it inside a trunk, but actually, physically inside. The bed I had when I lived with my parents had drawers that came out, but it had a mostly hidden latching mechanism and was very difficult to do. There was enough space in between them to stack some diapers, and they couldn't be seen when the drawers were in. Places like that are great.

Hi, SnakeQueen. To all the excellent advice you'll get here and that is contained in that article, I'll add this: Learn how to pick up diapers at an alternate location. You can always buy diapers online and then have them held at UPS or FedEx, sometimes for a fee, but you can also buy good diapers online from unexpected places, like Walmart or even, believe it or not, Staples. These places don't stock these items, so they're more than happy to have you order them and hold them for you till you can pick them up. Pretty nifty, right?

-RMS

Hide them outside in a shed, old trash can, just somewhere dry. If you have a messy garage or basement that would work as well.

Then if they are found chances are the person that found them would just say "thats odd" then just push them aside and go on with what they where doing. If they did question you..... just say you have no idea how they got there and that will probably be the end of it.

Always hide in a spot where you have plausible deniability.

hi, was in a similar situation for quite a while, one of the first things to look at is how often your parent's have you clean your room,if they really don't care, then it will be easier, but as akastus said, there is no guarantee of not being found. i hide my stuff in the winter side of my closet (live in Florida, need a jacket about two days every year.)in a large duffel bag, other options could include using a few banker boxes to box a bunch of old stuff, and sneak a box of diaper stuff in, i do this with paperwork. another thing to keep in mind is disposal, if you just wear them, disposal is as simple as a grocery bag that you throw in the trash just before it goes out, if you want to use them for their intended purpose, then you will want to get a box of one gallon zip lock bags (they don't have to be name brand, just buy some cheap ones) and individually bag each diaper, this will reduce the smell, also get an air freshener (the pop up ones work well)and stick it near your hiding spot for disposal. in the event you feel you may be discovered, have a large (preferably black) trash bag handy, if you need all of your stuff to vanish, stuff it in the bag and hide it in an area no one would suspect (i use a small patch of woods near my house, not too close, but not too far.). hope this helps.

Yeah sneak enjoy if in danger of being caught rat out younger sibling worked for my older brother I got many an ass beating for his shenanigans.

Amazon Prime Pantry...order diapers and it all shows up in a brown amazon box. Assuming your family doesn't open your mail, it's a good way to order diapers on line if you're still living at home. Wish they had that when I was still at home!

Good Luck.

-Gus

That is always a problem when trying to hide diapers. I still live at home with my parents and my older brother. I finally ordered some diapers from amazon the other day after not wearing for a while. The reason I haven't worn for a while is because my older brother likes to got through my room when I am at work so I have to be very careful of where I hide my diapers.

Tommygun619 said:
I haven't worn for a while is because my older brother likes to got through my room when I am at work so I have to be very careful of where I hide my diapers.

One word: boobytraps

bambinod said:

I am getting flashbacks of Home Alone :O

Being with parents is tough because even the best hiding space can be subject to a search because, well your maybe your closet is where something regarding the electric or the structure of the house is hidden.

My best tip is to keep as few around as you can, that way you still have them, but they can be hidden with ease in an underwear drawer or something.

Hello,

I had to move back home when the room mate I was sharing a place with died suddenly. Was either move back home or be homeless in my minivan. But in my case my mom who I am renting a room from knows full well I am AB. Hard to hide the crib. But she doesn't give me a problem as nothing AB leaves the room. More than fine with me. I don't have a desire to do anything AB outside of my room anyway. It's taken her years to come to terms with me being AB. At first she thought AB's were pedophiles. But over the years from the drip feeding of information she's learned she's come to see she was wrong, that it has nothing to do with real children and is innocent and nothing to worry about. And that it's just something I do to relax and de-stress. But up till I was 22 it was a closely guarded secret I didn't want her to know anything about. I just got sick and tired of the anxiety from trying to hide it all the time. And at the same time I badly wanted to get more into being AB with getting a crib. And I could have one while I was "in the closest" so to speak with being AB. These days she could care less about my AB side. She came into my room last summer. Before I had my air conditioner. I was laying down for a nap in just a diaper with a baby bottle of milk. She had come into my room without knocking. I opened my eyes to see her standing next to my crib. I quickly threw my blanket over me. I was waiting for her to say something like "Oh my god, I did NOT need to see that". But instead she surprised me by being cool about it and saying "oh please, it's not the first time I have seen you in your crib in just a diaper drinking your bottle". True, but that was some 32 years ago. She asked her question and left. I was just a bit in shock at how cool she was at seeing me like that. And a bit bothered she came into my room without knocking. Mom's.

-Baby Stanley

pattymac90 said:
Being with parents is tough because even the best hiding space can be subject to a search because, well your maybe your closet is where something regarding the electric or the structure of the house is hidden.

Sadly, more often than not, it actually comes down to "my house, my rules. you don't like it, then get out."

And then a lot of people will recommend you just leave, without understsanding that for a lot of people that's just not an option, or is a very difficult one. So you're kinda stuck with it. It sucks, it's not fair, but it happens.

Here is a tip,

Establish the "If I buy it, I earned the right to keep it" standing with your parents. I'm planning on doing so with mine since they understand that idea.

bambinod said:

That would be a good idea it might teach him a lesson about being so busy. Hopefully I will be able to move out soon so I won't have to hide them.

I always put mine in between my boxspring and mattress.. and I kept the bigger stash of mine in my car so my parents didn't find them.. But my mom eventually found mine and that's a story all in its self..
Best Of Luck!!

pamperedprincess1993 said:
I always put mine in between my boxspring and mattress..

I would be like "well, now I can touch the ceiling while laying in bed....

I just keep all my stuff in a couple of locked suitcases in my closet. It's definitely a bit suspicious, but I doubt anyone would really try to get into them. I don't really like the idea of just hiding it in a box or something since there's a decent chance someone might accidentally stumble upon it. If someone were to find anything that's locked away, they would have to do it by deliberately breaking into your shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back