Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visiting other's houses.

Default Visiting other's houses.

Well, I've been fretting over this for the past day or so.
    My Dad wants to have me and my sister come out to his house next weekend, which is great, but the problem is I started having bed wetting problems between the last time I was to his house and now, and I never told him.

I don't intend to tell him about it, nor do I want to, so I was wondering how others deal with bedwetting while staying at other people's houses.

I got some tips on IRC last night (be discreet, bring along some plastic bags to throw them out in, etc.) but it's always nice to get some more tips.

My main concern is when I throw them out, in the case that I did wet, I don't want the smell to fill the house, or even the garbage can for that matter.
    I don't think I'd have any problem actually throwing them out.

Thanks in advance.

If it's just for a weekend, then you could just keep them in your bag, and throw them out when you get home. They shouldn't get too bad if you put them in plastic bags and if it's only for a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    If it's just for a weekend, then you could just keep them in your bag, and throw them out when you get home. They shouldn't get too bad if you put them in plastic bags and if it's only for a couple days.
    That's what I keep wondering.
    Do plastic bags really contain the odor that well?
    I find that kind of hard to believe, but if it works why not.

They should keep it in well enough for a day or two. Unless someone is going to walk to your bag and smell it, you should be good. If you want to be safe, you could get one of those air fresheners for cars or something, and put it in you bag along with them.

When I was younger and was on sleepovers I used to have similar worries about wetting the bed. My strategy was to stay up as late as possible (1-2am) and make an effort to go to the bathroom every time I woke up in the middle of the night - no matter what.

If you decide to use protection I agree with the previous poster that plastic bags are the way to go. If you double (or triple) bag them and keep them in your backpack no one should be able to smell them unless they look directly inside your pack.

Since both my parents work at home (and I have two brothers to boot) I am used to keeping used diapers in my closet for a day or two before I have the oppertunity to throw them out. I can say from first hand experience that these do not smell.

Besides just putting them in normal shopping bags bring a few gallon or what ever the largest size Zip Lock bag you can get and put your used ones in there then press out all the air you can from the bag and close it, that combined with normal shopping bags will work the best I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Technologic View Post
    Besides just putting them in normal shopping bags bring a few gallon or what ever the largest size Zip Lock bag you can get and put your used ones in there then press out all the air you can from the bag and close it, that combined with normal shopping bags will work the best I believe.
    That's exactly what I was going to say... In fact, double zip lock back it frist, then put it in the plastic shopping bag. You should be good for at least 2 to 3 days with that setup.

-Gus

Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    I'm going to bring along some Lysol as well, I just used to believe that ziplocks wouldn't work.
    Last edited by miles; 23-Feb-2009 at 23:28.

Believe me, ziplock bags work wonders. I use them for my used (wet diapers) and I can barely detect a smell from them. Your best bet to dispose of a used diaper is to put it in a zip-lock bag (gllon size) and then in a non see-through bag. This will help with disposal either at your dad's place or yours.

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.
    I'm going to bring along some Lysol as well, I just used to believe that ziplocks wouldn't work.
    If I could make one additional suggestion on Lysol. Lysol makes a product called Neutra Air. Of all the room/storage freshening sprays I've tried it's the only one I have found to consistently erase bad odors, and I mean REALLY bad odors.

The other suggestions you've gotten on bagging are stellar and work great.