Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66

Thread: Reactions to an Article about acceptance of bisexuality

  1. #1

    Question Reactions to an Article about acceptance of bisexuality

    This is article in question that started me thinking about this. Then I found a few more.

    Anecdotally, this rings true to me; not as an absolute, but as a very visibly trend. I know that given the size of our community here, others have valid input on this subject. Let's have it all: experiences, thoughts, counterarguments, it it's relevant to the topic of "bi-erasure" let it flow.
    Last edited by Traemo; 05-Jan-2016 at 17:56. Reason: Clarifying, adding more content

  2. #2

  3. #3
    MarchinBunny

    Default

    Interesting article ... I don't really understand though. I feel like these people are way to caught on on the labels. If you are bi and are experiencing some kind of discrimination from both sides of the community, has anyone given it any thought that maybe you are making it to much a part of your life? I can't think of many situations a bisexual would be discriminated against in daily life unless it was manufactured ... meaning it was purposefully brought up. Exceptions of course would be going to gay pride, as the example they mentioned.
    However, I do need to point out, the discrimination that couple received was actually not because she was bi, it was because they where seen as a straight couple. Regardless the boos, where wrong and those people should be ashamed of themselves.

    I don't know, it's weird. In my experience I have seen people being more accepting of those who are bi. Though I could see how they may face some difficulty of being bi if they are with the opposite sex, as that person would likely be seen as straight, rather than bi. But again .. I don't see why it matters if people view you as straight when you are bi. I mean people view me as being gay because I am am a male to female transgender and I am in to males. Course from my perspective I am straight. But it really doesn't bother me if they think I am gay. In fact .. I totally understand because that is what it looks like.

  4. #4

    Default

    Interesting articles. I'm a Bisexual male who is fairly closeted. I don't try and hide it, I just don't bring it up unless sexual orientation is brought up, so the vast majority of people just assume I'm straight since that's the default and don't think anything of it. I have had one co-worker, after noticing an LGBT bumper sticker on my car, ask if I was straight. I answered nope, and I'm now gay in his mind. I guess this could qualify as "Bi-erasure", but I honestly don't really care that much.

    I don't want to police others about this topic as any Bi can react to those situations however they want. For me, I don't really care if I'm perceived as gay or straight. Bi-erasure doesn't bother me unless I tell you that I'm Bi, and you keep on insisting that I'm gay or straight, that's when I'd get pissed because you're disregarding what I'm saying and think you know me better than I know myself. But that's just my experience as a Bi Male.

  5. #5

    Default

    there are more then two sexes. there are male female and intersex.
    I have a friend that has Swyer syndrome a intersex disorder.
    He has XY chromosomal makeup and live and feels male but has female genitalia.
    He has been fired from jobs because they thought he was a male to female transgender. this led to a long lawsuit that he won.

    Most born this way live female and undergo hormone replacement therapy to look female.
    but he takes male hormones to look more male.

    He sees it as better wages and more of a life style he likes.

  6. #6
    MarchinBunny

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by anned View Post
    there are more then two sexes. there are male female and intersex.
    I have a friend that has Swyer syndrome a intersex disorder.
    He has XY chromosomal makeup and live and feels male but has female genitalia.
    He has been fired from jobs because they thought he was a male to female transgender. this led to a long lawsuit that he won.

    Most born this way live female and undergo hormone replacement therapy to look female.
    but he takes male hormones to look more male.

    He sees it as better wages and more of a life style he likes.
    There are only 2 sexes, just because things can go wrong during the process of developing which sex you are does not make them a third sex.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    bisexuality = horny, but not picky
    To me, gender is not a major part of my decision when I chose with whom to have sex.
    That does absolutely not stop me from being picky about who I fuck.

    I would thank you kindly to not be so silly as to think that "bisexual" means "fucks anyone willing".
    Do heterosexuals wantonly have sex with everyone of the opposite sex?
    Do homosexuals?

    No, that is a fiction, and I really hope you're just joking.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    There are only 2 sexes, just because things can go wrong during the process of developing which sex you are does not make them a third sex.
    Uh oh, here we go.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    bisexuality = horny, but not picky
    Do you really mean what you imply when you say that - that you're are horny you find yourself attracted to men, but you're too picky to follow through on it?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by anned View Post
    there are more then two sexes. there are male female and intersex.
    The "bi" prefix in the modern usage of bisexual doesn't refer to the number of sexes the individual is attracted to. There is an old-fashioned usage of the word bisexual from the early 20th century, referring to individuals thought to have aspects of "both sexes", where today we might say: androgynous, transgender, or perhaps intersex.

    The bi in bisexuality refers to both heterosexuality (attraction to people of a different sex) and homosexuality (attraction to people of the same sex,) hence the definition of bisexuality as attraction to people of the same sex as yourself and of a different sex to yourself. Also expressed as "attraction to more than one gender"

  10. #10
    MarchinBunny

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by plasticsounds View Post
    Uh oh, here we go.
    Lol well it's true. From a biological perspective on the matter, there are only 2 sexes. Even if someone is born with xxy or any of those combinations that can occur, it's due to a error in the process. It's not an actual 3rd sex or something.

Similar Threads

  1. Left-handed Reactions
    By soupy in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 26-Dec-2011, 11:35
  2. Horniness and bisexuality etc. - advice
    By teeninstroller in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 25-Nov-2011, 22:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.