Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any other Diaper Likers" (not Lovers) out there?

Default Any other Diaper Likers" (not Lovers) out there?

In another post there were a couple of posters that mentioned that they really weren't Diaper Lovers and were looking for another term to describe how they really felt about them. The term "Lover" indicates a state of extreme interest (sexual and/or otherwise) and I realized that I wasn't at that place with my diapers either. That's when I realized that I "Like" my diapers but don't really "Love" them, hence I must be a "Diaper Liker".

I'm IC and only became exposed to pads/pullups/diapers due to my need for something to keep my clothes dry. Much to my surprise I quickly got over the "adjustment" period of having to wear some sort of protection 24/7 and soon found that I actually liked the feeling of wearing protection. I think it came from the knowledge that I was now protected from being embarrassed by wetting my clothing and/or bed. I also found that I started sleeping much better and was waking up much more refreshed. I even found that there were a few good things about having to wear diapers, like the convenience of not having to use the bathroom at long running sporting events or on long drives. Diapers hold only a tiny bit of sexual interest for me (still not sure why) so I really don't think the term "Diaper Lover" fits in my case.

Any other "Diaper Likers" out there? I'd be interested to hear why you think this term fits or maybe doesn't.

I used to be rather uncomfortable with the term myself, but then I realized trying to be a special snowflake over what dictates the degree to which I like diapers is quite silly. You could just call yourself a DL if you really don't like calling yourself a "diaper lover"; it's not like people are going to call into question how much you like diapers.

I consider 'Diaper Lover' to just be an identification. It has no bearing on how much I like them or not.

DL has no bearing on sexual interest, and I'd say even someone who likes them is a DL, simply because the mundane world despises them if they're not on a baby. Just explain you're sort of low-key as a DL with no sexual interest and people will understand.

I am right there with you. I LIKE not having to be embarrassed about wet pants, I LIKE not having to worry about my furniture or car smelling of dried urine, I LIKE not worrying about making it to the bathroom on time. So I guess I LIKE diapers. I have to say, that some of the thrills that the AB/DL folks talk about, are issues that come automatic, like using in public, or wearing with family etc. When you are in IC, there is not this sense of naughty or thrill seeking that is associated with diaper wear. So, in the end, I am grateful for diapers, like that they exist, but LOVE.... no

Quote Originally Posted by shortsub View Post
    I am right there with you. I LIKE not having to be embarrassed about wet pants, I LIKE not having to worry about my furniture or car smelling of dried urine, I LIKE not worrying about making it to the bathroom on time. So I guess I LIKE diapers. I have to say, that some of the thrills that the AB/DL folks talk about, are issues that come automatic, like using in public, or wearing with family etc. When you are in IC, there is not this sense of naughty or thrill seeking that is associated with diaper wear. So, in the end, I am grateful for diapers, like that they exist, but LOVE.... no
    On further consideration, I think what I'd take as the litmus test for a DL, is: would you wear them if you didn't need them? If you enjoy the practical benefits but nothing more, you're probably not a DL. You can be accepting of the value of a product without being an enthusiast.

I like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I think what I'd take as the litmus test for a DL, is: would you wear them if you didn't need them?
    DL =

Diaper Liker
    Diaper Luster
    Diaper Lover
    Diaper Lifer

...whatever suits your individual meaning.

I mean, I don't completely obsess over them, that's just silly. I won't go as far as to make a makeshift one out of desperation because I can't afford the real thing. I won't get my paycheck and be like "bills or nappies"? That's a no-brainer. I wouldn't go as far as to import all the best ones (couldn't afford that anyway) just to fulfil my lust for them. So I'd say that my love of nappies go as far as their intended uses... I know one thing though, my love of them is at it's strongest when I am feeling truly little and I am trying to go for an authentic AB look and feel. But it takes a lot more than just nappies to achieve that...

I do love the fact, that they keep my pants dry.