Has anyone here been to CAPCON?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dl1036

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
If so, what is it like? Just found out about it a year ago or so online. Looks like it's still in its infancy but possibly with a decent following. Outside of this site I've never met a DL or discussed being a DL with anyone other than my wife. Some of the presenters and topics from last years made me think it'd be fun to attend.

I have heard of it, I am going this year, will be my first time. I've been to many abdl parties though

I was wondering this as well. My friend stated that I shouldn't go; but, I think it is his perception of Age Play.

Yup, this year will be my 4th time. It's a great event, very welcoming. The classes are neat, at first it seems crazy to be having a classroom type discussion about ageplay topics. The playroom is my favorite, it has sort of has a preschool recess vibe with a lot of toys and oversized ball pit, trike, playpen, activity gym, high chair, rocking horse... Very unique experience to be in a giant room filled with stuff we usually only dream about with that many like-minded people.

What would you say the age range is? What's the age group of the most people there? How does the changing room work? Can you change yourself or do you have to bring someone to change you? Is there a legit toilet there or do you have to go back to your room #2?

dl1036 said:
What would you say the age range is? What's the age group of the most people there? How does the changing room work? Can you change yourself or do you have to bring someone to change you? Is there a legit toilet there or do you have to go back to your room #2?

It's a wide age range, which is really nice. I especially like talking with some of the older folks about their experiences (generally pre-Internet). I'd say it mostly goes from 18 (youngest you can be) to 60's or so. The largest number of people seem to be somewhere in the early/mid 20s-40 age range.

The changing room has several curtained-off little rooms with either changing tables or floor mats. You can change yourself or have someone else help, but it's BYOB (bring your own big) and pressuring relative strangers to change you is generally considered a social faux pas. The toilet arrangement depends on the particular venue. Sometimes there are facilities within the con space, sometimes the facilities are nearby (like across/down the hall) but technically outside of the space.

Thanks for the response Tygon. Did you attend by yourself or with someone when you went the first time?

It sounds really cool and I would love to go. But 1 it is to expensive and 2 it is during my daddy's busiest time at work so we can't go.

I so badly wan to go this coming year but I know I won't do it alone. I'm hoping to make some good, honest genuine friends that are little's or bigs and share everything then go it's held less than an hour from where I live here in Wisconsin. If any of you are seriously interested and want to become friends then create the goal of going to Capcon 2016 please talk to me especially if you reside in SE Wisconsin. No Creeps, haters or fakes: hug:

I'm going to try, we'll see.

dl1036 said:
Thanks for the response Tygon. Did you attend by yourself or with someone when you went the first time?

I went with my girlfriend and two of our best friends the first year. Second year, we room shared with some cool people from another state who we had met the previous year; we did a couple movie nights which was fun. Third year, we were able to afford our own room and did so. It's fun hanging out with roomies, but it's also nice to not have to worry about coming back late and waking someone up (or getting woken up yourself).

There are plenty of people who go alone. There is a room share thread on FetLife. Rooming with others may be the best way to have some people to talk with and get to know before walking into the larger con space.

Speaking of costs involved with Capcon could any attendee tell us about the costs involved I've read some say that it really outrageously priced.If any one KNOWS the costs could yo pass it on to all of us please

Ticket is 100. Rooms range from 102/night to 122 depending on the ram type I guess.... I am going with another ab from Ohio and he is booking the room and we will split it

my Daddy and I are planning on going :) we were gonna go to fort rapids (indoor waterpark) but i stumbled accross this thread and showed him so i think we are going there instead, during my work vacation week! im super excited!!!

I think I will go, it will be a first for me and in fact the first time I have ever met other AB/DL people. I will be nervous and excited, I think. I told my therapist about it tonight - he normally does couple counseling with my wife and I, but tonight it was just me. He told me to take her along! My jaw dropped - 'are you serious?' I asked him! My wife is not at all into the AB/DL thing - she does a little bit for me once in a while but it really is not her thing. My councilor thought it might be good for he to meet other people like me! I am not sure, not sure at all! Anyone comments from anybody who has attended in the past?

dprpantsnpypants said:
My councilor thought it might be good for he to meet other people like me!

I haven't been to one but your therapist knows you and your wife better than we do so if he thinks it might be a good idea - I say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back