Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddedfanny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
Just an observation and a question. I like to wear a full slip when wearing a dress or skirt. When shopping in lingerie departments I usually only see a few half slips available. Very rarely a full slip. Ebay sells tons of them so they are available there. Some of the vintage ones are exquisite! Have today's women abandoned this lovely garment?

Hi to all! As a newbie I can receive but not answer private messages yet so please don't think I'm being rude by not answering private messages. If the member pm-ing me would like I can answer the question in the diaper section. Thanks for the Macy's tip btw!

I believe that slips are to worn shorter than the hem line of the outer garment.
At least I think that that is the prim and proper thing to do.
With the fashionable trend being short - long slips are as you noted found on ebay
or hidden in a closet lingerie drawer and not suitable for wear with the current fashion.
Also the trend is for women who used to wear slips to now wear jeans/pants/slacks as such.
Slips are not compatible with pants unless worn as pant liners but even that is stretching it.
So slips have become passé so to speak.
Slips do however make the wearing of a dress or skirt a great deal easier
keeping things in check wrinkle free and improving the smooth lines of the outer garment.
Another side plus is with woolen garments the slip shields the wearer from that itchiness factor.
But skirts and dresses are not really everyday wear these days.

babylock1 said:
I believe that slips are to worn shorter than the hem line of the outer garment.
At least I think that that is the prim and proper thing to do.
With the fashionable trend being short - long slips are as you noted found on ebay
or hidden in a closet lingerie drawer and not suitable for wear with the current fashion.
Also the trend is for women who used to wear slips to now wear jeans/pants/slacks as such.
Slips are not compatible with pants unless worn as pant liners but even that is stretching it.
So slips have become passé so to speak.
Slips do however make the wearing of a dress or skirt a great deal easier
keeping things in check wrinkle free and improving the smooth lines of the outer garment.
Another side plus is with woolen garments the slip shields the wearer from that itchiness factor.
But skirts and dresses are not really everyday wear these days.

When I was dressing regularly (it's been thirty years now?), skirts and dresses were more the norm than today, not to mention things like pantyhose. I learned from my mother about wearing slips, you do want them shorter than the hem of the dress or skirt as to not show your 'lacy underthings' much the same as you sit with your legs crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back