siysiy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Hi
has anyone tryed eating baby food or still does?

If what sort?

I have tryed it out but have not found one I like yet.

Daddy made me eat it all up though.

I've considered it but still haven't given it a try. XD let me know if you find one you like.

Most don't appeal to me. The apple varieties and banana/strawberry and deserts are pretty good. The oatmeal cereal is okay too. I've mixed some with milk and some with formula. Sometimes in my bottle, often in a bowl.

I occasionally will eat baby food. I can't say I have found any that I truly like but the carrots and peas from Gerber were not too bad.

A number of people have commented that you can take your regular adult food and with a little liquid, puree your food. It would probably taste better but still be the same texture.

You can always use a blender and puree your food. When raising my children its what I did.

Thank you.

I will get daddy to do this becouse I make a mess.

I let everyone know how it goes.

- - - Updated - - -

I will have to get daddy to do it for me. But thank you.

I've only ever had the sweet ones like chocolate pudding baby food :3

But I can't resist the big boy food my mommy makes.

She made me pancakes with fruit this morning :D

I going to ask daddy if I can have pancake for breakfast in the morning.

Is the chocolate pudding like the chocolate yogert.

Which do you like more chocolate pudding or a bottle of chocolate milk.

sisi said:
I going to ask daddy if I can have pancake for breakfast in the morning.

Is the chocolate pudding like the chocolate yogert.

Which do you like more chocolate pudding or a bottle of chocolate milk.

I prefer vanilla flavoured pudding and I much prefer just regular milk with honey in my baba. ^-^

Uzuki said:
I've only ever had the sweet ones like chocolate pudding baby food :3

But I can't resist the big boy food my mommy makes.

She made me pancakes with fruit this morning :D

Daddy said no to the pan cakes has we need to go shopping to get the pan cake mix to do it so may be tomorrow. I think he is going to blend my food but he is in a gromp today. So I think I going to have to be a dig boy a make him dinner to night. I try not to make to much mess and be a good boy.

Daddy and I got a blender today. So much fun as I can work it with Daddys help. I just love being me right now. :) little Sisi.

I used to like Gerber's custard dessert and bananas. Its been a long time though!

Out of all the things I've read here/about this site, I joined to reply to this. :p

I'm a lifestyle AB, and as such, I also eat baby food, in addition to drinking toddler formula, on a pretty much daily basis. For reference, I prefer the Enfamil Vanilla Toddler Formula. Very tasty stuff, and also comes in little aseptic juice-box-like packs with telescoping straws. Kinda handy to pack for lunches at school (work)! For some reason, seems to taste better than whatever you can make with the powder at home.

As for babyfood, I usually stick with Gerber, but, here on the Westcoast, we have Safeway-branded Mom-To-Mom babyfood (Might also be at y'all's Von's/Genardi's(sp?) on the eastcoast. Not sure about Publix. . . )

If you like smoothies of any kind, you'll definitely be down with any of the fruit varieties that you'd normally enjoy UN-babified. If you think you want to get into this seriously, start with the fruits. The blended oatmeal is a nice transition, good for breakfast, and has enough fiber to move you along through the day. I should add that for most, you'll want to go no lower than Stage2/Sitter/Toddler, as, the 1st foods stuff is just. . . runny, and kinda gross, to be honest. You might as well just stick a straw in it. Great for making a mess, though, if your Mommy/Daddy will play along and get more of it on/around your face than in your mouth.

The veggies is where it starts to get weird. There are plenty of the packets that are toddler-friendy and contain both fruits AND veggies, and aren't too gross. I will say that I'm not too picky and like, or at least tolerate all but a handful of the varieties. The greek yogurt stuff has a dry finish I'm not fond of, but, this goes for ALL Greek yogurt, not just the babyfood.

The dinners are. . . interesting, to say the least. Don't be as afraid of the meats as you think you'd need to be -- they're mixed up with veggies or sweet potatoes enough that you get the taste of what it is, but it's more like an accessory to the vegetable pairing. Chicken and Garden Vegetable and Turkey and Sweet Potato are my two favorites. Peas and carrots are just what you'd expect and they're not terrible. Give it a try!

As a reward, when you eat it all gone, you should finish with the 3rd Foods Lil' Chunks line. Basically, it's applesauce with blueberries, or strawberries, or peaches and mangoes. . All very tasty stuff, with tasty little chunks of fruit, for growing toddlers, just like you and me!

At just over a buck/per, take a risk on a couple at a time the next time you go grocery shopping. If your store has one of those Catalina coupon printers, you'll start getting coupons for $2-$4 off your next order of Gerber/Store brand baby foods, which come in real handy when you start buying $30-$40 at a time for your weekly rations. .

I've found that the fruits that are dessert like, are pretty good. I've actually eaten the peaches and apricots, and they're quite good. Our oldest son liked the blueberry brickle for many years as a kid. I would bet he'd still like it.

Paddedfanny said:
I used to like Gerber's custard dessert and bananas. Its been a long time though!

Bananas and custard yummy! Not like fish fingers and custard which is yucky.

Daddy and I got some baners yesterday I will ask him if we can get some custard later.

- - - Updated - - -

Trisy said:
Out of all the things I've read here/about this site, I joined to reply to this. :p

I'm a lifestyle AB, and as such, I also eat baby food, in addition to drinking toddler formula, on a pretty much daily basis. For reference, I prefer the Enfamil Vanilla Toddler Formula. Very tasty stuff, and also comes in little aseptic juice-box-like packs with telescoping straws. Kinda handy to pack for lunches at school (work)! For some reason, seems to taste better than whatever you can make with the powder at home.

As for babyfood, I usually stick with Gerber, but, here on the Westcoast, we have Safeway-branded Mom-To-Mom babyfood (Might also be at y'all's Von's/Genardi's(sp?) on the eastcoast. Not sure about Publix. . . )

If you like smoothies of any kind, you'll definitely be down with any of the fruit varieties that you'd normally enjoy UN-babified. If you think you want to get into this seriously, start with the fruits. The blended oatmeal is a nice transition, good for breakfast, and has enough fiber to move you along through the day. I should add that for most, you'll want to go no lower than Stage2/Sitter/Toddler, as, the 1st foods stuff is just. . . runny, and kinda gross, to be honest. You might as well just stick a straw in it. Great for making a mess, though, if your Mommy/Daddy will play along and get more of it on/around your face than in your mouth.

The veggies is where it starts to get weird. There are plenty of the packets that are toddler-friendy and contain both fruits AND veggies, and aren't too gross. I will say that I'm not too picky and like, or at least tolerate all but a handful of the varieties. The greek yogurt stuff has a dry finish I'm not fond of, but, this goes for ALL Greek yogurt, not just the babyfood.

The dinners are. . . interesting, to say the least. Don't be as afraid of the meats as you think you'd need to be -- they're mixed up with veggies or sweet potatoes enough that you get the taste of what it is, but it's more like an accessory to the vegetable pairing. Chicken and Garden Vegetable and Turkey and Sweet Potato are my two favorites. Peas and carrots are just what you'd expect and they're not terrible. Give it a try!

As a reward, when you eat it all gone, you should finish with the 3rd Foods Lil' Chunks line. Basically, it's applesauce with blueberries, or strawberries, or peaches and mangoes. . All very tasty stuff, with tasty little chunks of fruit, for growing toddlers, just like you and me!

At just over a buck/per, take a risk on a couple at a time the next time you go grocery shopping. If your store has one of those Catalina coupon printers, you'll start getting coupons for $2-$4 off your next order of Gerber/Store brand baby foods, which come in real handy when you start buying $30-$40 at a time for your weekly rations. .

Thank you lots to try out hear hehe fun time.

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:
I've found that the fruits that are dessert like, are pretty good. I've actually eaten the peaches and apricots, and they're quite good. Our oldest son liked the blueberry brickle for many years as a kid. I would bet he'd still like it.

Thank you my Daddy said that fruits are really good for me as will. Daddy's really do know best.

sisi said:
Bananas and custard yummy! Not like fish fingers and custard which is yucky.

Daddy and I got some baners yesterday I will ask him if we can get some custard later.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you lots to try out hear hehe fun time.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you my Daddy said that fruits are really good for me as will. Daddy's really do know best.

You try regeneration before knocking fish fingers and custard.

My world is bigger on the inside!

Hi everyone.

Sorry i did not do this sooner.

Have come across Ella's kitchen got a wide range of food needs to be warmed up first. But nice.

I having sweet potato with broccoli and carrots followed by banana and apple for lunch today.

Baby food is soooo yummy, but I think it depends a great deal on which brand you go for and for what ages the food is for. I live in Sweden and I buy Semper baby food, wholemeal gruel as well as the glass jar food. I use age 18 months and up.
You can also make your own, take a look at this site.

I tried formula today (found 2 years and up by milupa^^) and on its own it's too bitter for me/tastes kinda like iron, but with a little cocoa powder it's not too bad^^ I heard that baby formula has some nutritions that the adult body doesn't need anymore, but I looked at the nutrition facts and some of those are ones that I seem to lack anyway...but I'll try to limit myself to a bottle a day at most. I also read that it would have too many calories so an adult would feel too full afterwards, but that's not the case at all...it has as many calories as skimmed milk and I drink loads of whole milk each day (yes, that leaves me a bit chubby, but not feeling bloated.)

I also want to try the fruity baby food since my mum said it tasted good (she would sometimes eat the rest of the glass if me or my brothers didn't finish it), but I'll do that when she's away for a few days so I can store it in the fridge. Are you familiar with the brand Hipp or is that a German only thing?

When it comes to baby food, if you're buying store-bought I recommend spending the extra fifty cents (or however much it is where you are) to get whatever the higher-end one is. There's not a spectacular difference at first, but you'll notice the brand name ones tend to be a little better for texture and there's a certain... dullness, almost(?) in some store-brand foods that brand names tend to lack. I still recommend homemade first, though. A tip: frozen raspberries with a few drops of water (and I mean literally, drops) or orange juice in the blender makes a wonderful kind of sorbet for a healthy treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back