Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Screaming at home...

Default Screaming at home...

I can't stand it when people scream at home, ever since I was little my mother has always been screaming at people. She was the cause of the divorce when I was 5. God I love my mother but I just can't take it. Ever since I was little I would hide in my room in terror because I knew she'd eventually work her way up to me and find somthing to scream at me for....even if I didn't do it.

I'd hate to say that I've been tramatized but when ever people yell it freaks me out and I always flitch like I'm going to get hit.

I think I'll just go grab my bear and netflix and chill with him

Same way here in regards to screaming. I literally shirk up/cower when yelled at. I wasn't normally punished when I was young, course I was spanked, because I always tried to behave. Even today, being yelled up causes me to cower.

- - - Updated - - -

Yelled at*

MarchinBunny

Ya ... my Mom is like that too. It lead up to the point where I wouldn't tell her things simply because I was too afraid too.

Quote Originally Posted by brabbit1987 View Post
    Ya ... my Mom is like that too. It lead up to the point where I wouldn't tell her things simply because I was too afraid too.
    The same here, I would never tell her much as a kid because no matter what I said she always thought I was lying. I'll never forget when she said that she never wanted me... it doesnt affect me today but it did when I was little. I guess writing about this is just bringing back memories.

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBambi View Post
    The same here, I would never tell her much as a kid because no matter what I said she always thought I was lying. I'll never forget when she said that she never wanted me... it doesnt affect me today but it did when I was little. I guess writing about this is just bringing back memories.
    Ouch, sorry to hear that. My mom never said anything that hurtful to me. Close, but not that far. Her actions though are a whole other story, as she often would choose her love life over her children.

Such as if we are talking about my x step dad, whom I lives most of my life with, ya ... he would say all kinds of hurtful crap. It was like his hobby to make us feel like crap.

My mom is a good screamer. She screams better (worse?) than anyone else. When people scream at me, rather than being scared. It triggers a fight response (as opposed to flight.)

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorPenguin View Post
    My mom is a good screamer. She screams better (worse?) than anyone else. When people scream at me, rather than being scared. It triggers a fight response (as opposed to flight.)
    o.o I can't fight my Mom. She is much stronger than I XD.

The only people I dont like to fight is Family because at the end of the day you're stuck with'em.

I certainly don't fight my mom. I am not Physical in that sense. No need. Ever. I have to use all my will at times to fight the "fight response."

MarchinBunny

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBambi View Post
    The only people I dont like to fight is Family because at the end of the day you're stuck with'em.
    Ya, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorPenguin View Post
    I certainly don't fight my mom. I am not Physical in that sense. No need. Ever. I have to use all my will at times to fight the "fight response."
    I see. Ya, fighting is never a good thing. XD