Packing for a day out/night over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaunt

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Currently I have a plan of going over to a hobby shop for the day and playing some tabletop games for several hours (If nobody knows what that is, just imagine board games at a comic shop).

After I'll be staying over at somebody's house for the night (Privacy won't be a problem there at least).

Right now I have a small backpack. Packed inside is baby powder, baby wipes, 2 gallon sized ziploc bags (Which I am going to refill, and put more in once I restock my supply of them) 4 XL Goodnites, and 4 small/medium depends maximum protection with tabs. And a beach towel to do my changing ontop of, so I don't ruin my clothes by laying on the floor of a bathroom. And so I don't get baby powder all over it. (The restroom is a single private one, so I'm good to go there)

Currently I can only use store-bought items. And my system of diapering is just one of the depends, followed by a Goodnite to snugly secure it in place, seeing as my taping skills aren't the best and the tapes themselves aren't the highest quality.

This little setup I have can last me about 6-7 hours with minimal wetting (Trickling as I go) Or 3-4 if I wet a bit more heavily (But still not flooding) than I would normally.

On top of what I have packed I'd leave the house already wearing, so diaper wise I'm pretty overkill. I just have to ask though seeing as this is my first time going out wearing with the intention of changing. And overnight wearing away from home. Is there anything I'm missing or should consider?

And also I have made a thread similar to this a few days ago, but It's more about what I need to pack rather than what I should expect.

Sounds like you have more than enough. I would pre-prick/slit the goodnites so you don't have to bother with that while you are out.

edit: Your system does not make sense. If you just want to hold the Depends in place you are better off with a pair of boxer briefs. Wearing a goodnite on the outside of a brief like depends is adding bulk for no absorption bonus. If you wore the goodnite with hole poked in it under the Depends then it is worthwhile.

WildRoseBaby said:
Sounds like you have more than enough. I would pre-prick/slit the goodnites so you don't have to bother with that while you are out.

I don't think I follow, I don't know what that means but do you mean for it to fit better? Because my goodnites fit me without stretching or cutting at the moment

The way you are layering things does not make sense. When you wear a goodnite over a large diaper like depends you are adding bulk for no good reason. If the depends leak the goodnites catch nothing. If you want to hold the depends in place a pair of tight fitting boxer briefs is you best bet. If you want a very absorbant setup you poke holes or cut slit in the goodnite and wear the depends over top of it.

WildRoseBaby said:
The way you are layering things does not make sense. When you wear a goodnite over a large diaper like depends you are adding bulk for no good reason. If the depends leak the goodnites catch nothing. If you want to hold the depends in place a pair of tight fitting boxer briefs is you best bet. If you want a very absorbant setup you poke holes or cut slit in the goodnite and wear the depends over top of it.

That actually does make a lot of sense, the bulk for me really isn't an issue. Nor is the leaking or anything, it's mostly just there to tighten the grip as well as a pair of underwear. I've tried it with most other pairs of boxers I have, but it's still too loose without it.

Also I don't know why I didn't mention this, but I have Tena underwear pads that I sometimes use as boosters, the problem being though it just absorbs into the pad, then leaks out the sides. But your little trick there with the goodnights could work with them right? I don't know what exact "model" or "design" they are, but they have the little adhesive front to stick to the insides of your underwear. It was mostly an impulse buy and I've only used them a few times.

- - - Updated - - -

Also are there any pictures or guides on this method?

Also instead of making a new thread, I was also wondering.... I feel like I'm sort of between sizes on the depends. I have around a 33-34" waist. Which is on the high end for the kind I use, I thought I'd like it because I enjoy a more snug fit. The issue being it's a lot harder to tape this way, would I have better luck buying the larger sizes and overtaping it? Because as of right now I can just barely get these taped around my hips. And if I were able to it might make a trip out somewhere a little less dicey if I could get something to fit better.

Gaunt said:
Also instead of making a new thread, I was also wondering.... I feel like I'm sort of between sizes on the depends. I have around a 33-34" waist. Which is on the high end for the kind I use, I thought I'd like it because I enjoy a more snug fit. The issue being it's a lot harder to tape this way, would I have better luck buying the larger sizes and overtaping it? Because as of right now I can just barely get these taped around my hips. And if I were able to it might make a trip out somewhere a little less dicey if I could get something to fit better.

If you're on the edge of a size, the typical advice is to go with the larger size. Even if you prefer the smaller size, you could still use the larger ones for layering.

Trevor said:
If you're on the edge of a size, the typical advice is to go with the larger size. Even if you prefer the smaller size, you could still use the larger ones for layering.

Yeah I have yet to find a store-brand that doesn't awkwardly fit me, save for Goodnites. Mostly because they're really tight for somebody with my waist size. But any actual adult product is pretty wonky.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but when I tape the depends I have now, the waist is secure. But all of the front and back padding is very loose, but I can't tighten the tapes any more than I have them. The only way I get around this is just layering some goodnites or something snug and secure over them so the padding stays in place. Not a bad system, works for me. But not the most optimal way to go. Seeing as I'm wasting goodnites this way.

Gaunt said:
Yeah I have yet to find a store-brand that doesn't awkwardly fit me, save for Goodnites. Mostly because they're really tight for somebody with my waist size. But any actual adult product is pretty wonky.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong, but when I tape the depends I have now, the waist is secure. But all of the front and back padding is very loose, but I can't tighten the tapes any more than I have them. The only way I get around this is just layering some goodnites or something snug and secure over them so the padding stays in place. Not a bad system, works for me. But not the most optimal way to go. Seeing as I'm wasting goodnites this way.

What version of Depends are we talking about? I'm only familiar with Protection with Tabs but others might have suggestions for different products.

Trevor said:
What version of Depends are we talking about? I'm only familiar with Protection with Tabs but others might have suggestions for different products.

It's protection with tabs.

Right now at the moment actually, I got the velcro strip adjustable underwear kind. And I'm having REALLY good experiences with the tabbed depends, under the velcro, and some goodnites to snugly squish it together. But I bet if I velcro the second layer better I won't need the goodnites. It's a really great combo, I'm getting good mileage out of it.... But it's very inefficient seeing as I'm using 3 different diapers for 1.

Gaunt said:
It's protection with tabs.

Right now at the moment actually, I got the velcro strip adjustable underwear kind. And I'm having REALLY good experiences with the tabbed depends, under the velcro, and some goodnites to snugly squish it together. But I bet if I velcro the second layer better I won't need the goodnites. It's a really great combo, I'm getting good mileage out of it.... But it's very inefficient seeing as I'm using 3 different diapers for 1.

I'm surprised you're having a problem. With the 3 tapes to a side, I'd have said fit was one of their good aspects. It's funny how layering even cheap diapers can quickly get more expensive than just using a high quality diaper in the first place.

Trevor said:
I'm surprised you're having a problem. With the 3 tapes to a side, I'd have said fit was one of their good aspects. It's funny how layering even cheap diapers can quickly get more expensive than just using a high quality diaper in the first place.

Yeah unfortunately I can only get store-bought at the moment, I mean it still works well for me. But it's really finnicky at times. All I need to do is probably get the protection with tabs in a larger size, problem was when I went to Walmart today they only had one of the s/m in stock. I'm probably gonna try out walgreen's or rite aid when I get the chance.

My local Walgreens and CVS quit stocking the Depends Protection with Tabs and my local WalMart only stocks the s/m size. The only place I can find the larger size is KMart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back