Fighting the fetish

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordFluffybuttz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
What I mean by fetish is the urge to wear/ engage in ABDL. I will somtimes deny myself thise urges but to no avail. Eventually after some time I re-engage. I know Im not the only one who does this but what do you think? How should I handle myself, should I just endulge?

Most people here (including myself) will tell you just to go ahead and indulge.

ABDLism is not harmful to you or others, so there is no particular need to abstain. Now this assumes that your indulgence doesn't interfere with your adult life: job and/or schooling, making a living, your health and so forth.

Bottom line - if it doesn't harm you or others and you went to - go ahead.

BabyDenise said:
Most people here (including myself) will tell you just to go ahead and indulge.

ABDLism is not harmful to you or others, so there is no particular need to abstain. Now this assumes that your indulgence doesn't interfere with your adult life: job and/or schooling, making a living, your health and so forth.

Bottom line - if it doesn't harm you or others and you went to - go ahead.

This. This is good advise. I cannot say it better :)

I would like to add that you are only hurting yourself with the struggle to abstain. Do what @BabyDenise says and indulge reasonably. Otherwise it will interfere with your day-to-day life.

This is what I wish that I could tell my younger self :)

Ok, so this has already been answered pretty well, but I feel like we should try to answer it if there was a very specific scenario.

Let's say you are in a situation where you have to fight it, because you live with someone who would throw you out other wise. How would you go about fighting it?
I ask this question simply because I was in that situation many times, and could never figure out a good way to fight it.

I fought it for along time, within the last year I've stopped fighting it and allowed myself to wear when I want, commonly that is at night when I go to sleep, other than that it has very little impact on my life, I feel more confident in myself now that I'm not ashamed of my ABDL tendencies and it's had nothing but positive outcomes for my life.

Thanks for all the advice! The reason I think I fight it is mostly of two reasons, one being gender roles and two, social stigmas. The worst conflict is of the self.

I know what a hell is when I can't enjoy. This happens when I'm in the job etc. But wish is still present, so later (if urge still persists) I enjoy. But actually I've serial economic problems, so no cash for diapers. And it sometimes makes me silly.

Finally, it's about self - discipline.

You just need find balance.

Fighting it doesn't make you rid of it, it makes the desire to indulge stronger and you feeling miserable and exhausted. Indulging in it or obsessing over it too much, makes it not as satisfactory and hurts and consumes your life.

So the key here is balance, but also acceptance and knowing yourself and your own limits.

A good tip for fighting it is just focusing on the fun of wearing the diapers instead of mentally pairing it with a sexual desire as well. If you think of it that way, you're just casually and occasionally using a product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back