Used Diapers in public

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottish2k16

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all, am new to the site so please go easy on me lol
when wearing out in public how do you change and dispose of your used nappy/diaper?
do you used the baby changing or disabled toilets?
or if your using a normal cubicle do you put it in the sanitary bin?

I haven't had to change while out very often. My friend needed it one time when we were out and we found a family restroom in the mall we were at and took care of it. The other times for myself or others, I've either done it in the car or in a suitably secluded area. As for trash, I'd probably just bag it (I keep bags with me for used diapers in a change) up and toss it, although I've got the change bag with me in case there's not a good spot to toss things out.

I would just go into one of the restroom cubicle things and change there and then throw it away in the trash. I typically wait till the restroom is empty though before I toss it.

Reactions: Diaperfreak
Normally change in regular cubicle put in bag and toss it in a trash can outside the bathroom somewhere. Nobody thinks anything of it. Want an easy way to untape your diaper without noise? Carry a small pair of scissors in your bag. Guaranteed to make your changes super stealth like Sam Fisher.

I have white plastic garbage bags in my backpack I simply put my used diape in one and dispose in the trash can in the bathroom. Some bathrooms like Ikeas have bins just for diapers but I no longer worry about being stealthy when changing. Just like to make sure my diaper is not sitting in plain sight on top of a open trash can so other people don't have to see it.

Backpacks are popular for on-the-go diaper changes. Find one with several compartments. There are a few out there with TWO main storage compartments, that's what I'd recommend. One for your stuff, and one for your diaper stuff. I use travel-size containers for my powder and lotion so they don't take up much space. (always remember to close their tops when done with them!) Carry a couple 1gal ziplocs for diaper storage, and a black (non-seethru) garbage bag in case you need to discretely dispose of a used diaper. Carry two changes if you can. I don't personally use wipes, but those are a popular option, get one of the small travel pack pouches with the resealable tops.

This is a good backpack: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Fieldline...Treeline-Backpack-Realtree-Xtra-Camo/26376280

15oz talc: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Johnson-s-Baby-Powder-15-Oz/10294008

Travel wipes: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pampers-Sensitive-Wipes-Travel-Pack-56-Count-Pack-of-2/39405635

Travel lotion: http://www.amazon.com/Huggies-Baby-Lotion-Butter-Ounces/dp/B0007KPBY8

Put used wipes in the ziploc with your used diaper when you change. You should be able to take your used diaper with you and have at least several hours to dispose of it before odor becomes a concern. I use freezer bags with double zips, but I honestly can't say I've noticed a difference in odor containment. (to my surprise)

I sometimes store my lotion bottles in a ziploc, in case they pop open I dont get a huge mess.

alwasy like keep an extra plastic bag or two for disposing used diapers when out and about
and maybe keep a bit of deodorant and/or perfume.

I try to use a disabled cubicle if I do change in public, If not then I try to find a quiet bathroom and do it in a stall put the wet nappy in the main bin.

I use disabled toilets where possible simply because in England ( I assume Scotland as well) they normally have big yellow bins for used diapers as they as shared use with baby change facilities

Scottish2k16 said:
when wearing out in public how do you change and dispose of your used nappy/diaper?

I change my diaper standing up (it's incredible strange t do it on the floor). I take the used diaper off roll it up, stuff the wipes in the rolled up diaper or I will take a small plastic bag and bag it all up.

This is the best part..... I walk out of the cubicle with the diaper and throw it in the trash. It does not matter if the bathroom is empty or not, I don't care.

The key to this is to act like you don't care, like it is something that is needed, something you have to do every day several times a day, and it is just part of life and not a ba deal.

Scottish2k16 said:

I use the baby-changing rooms and - for my sins - I get a bit of an adrenalin rush out of it...hang me! I'm too lazy to post it all again but if you want to read some more stuff about this...and more stuff on this written by moi - check this Adisc thread and go via google, its called - Public changing table (Adisc).
Cheers if you read it, I love Scotland myself, I've summited Ben Nevis once (!) ...memrable for all the right reasons! Happy new year. bringmesunshine

- - - Updated - - -

BlondieDL94 said:
I try to use a disabled cubicle if I do change in public, If not then I try to find a quiet bathroom and do it in a stall put the wet nappy in the main bin.

I read you're 'about me' - of course you may not want it to be clear but are you a stand-up comic? Cool job that. bms

I am UK based also and I tend to change where possible in a disabled loo. You have the correct disposal for nappies and the privacy along with it. There is nothing worse than using cubicles in regular toilets where the tapes make noise and if wearing plastic backed make the rustling sound. Do be aware that some disabled toilets in the UK can have whats called a "Radar lock". The keys for these can easily be obtained by googling "radar key" and should cost no more than £4 - £5 and will turn up in the post a few days later.

I have in the past been questioned by people why I was using the toilet, at the end of the day its none of their business (which I have told people that) and before all they know you could have a genuine need to wear and need change yourself. I was once asked by a member of staff at a motorway services why I was using the disabled toilet. I told them not all disabilities (I just wear for fun btw) are visible and lifted my top slighty to show the top of my nappy. The person seemed to feel very silly and sheepishly walked away.

anna s said:
I told them not all disabilities (I just wear for fun btw) are visible and lifted my top slighty to show the top of my nappy. The person seemed to feel very silly and sheepishly walked away.

Yay! Go Anna! You're awsome! Where you been by the way, I believe we've not had a back-and-fourth here on Adisc for about a year or so...*yikes* bringmesunshine

bringmesunshine said:
Yay! Go Anna! You're awsome! Where you been by the way, I believe we've not had a back-and-fourth here on Adisc for about a year or so...*yikes* bringmesunshine

Unfortunately Ive been distracted by that horrible thing called work lol and cant commit the time I used to be able to. I have been here, but lurking in the back ground a wee bit.

I change in a regular restroom in a regular stall or handicapped and I throw my used diaper away in the trash can.

it depends on the situation. If there is a disabled stall use it. It will be easier. always carry a diaper,wipes,powder, and a bedpad to put on the toilet or floor. A pair of scissors would also be nice just to cut the tapes off

I normally change in a regular stall or in handicaped one if possible. I dispose the used diaper in the trash inside the bathrooom or take it to any other public bins. A messy diaper should be placed in a plasti bag and then disposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back