Not open for further replies.

LittleIcePrince

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
Hello comrades.

So I finally have everything lined up to order a case from ABUniverse, however I need to clear up some things before I do.
1.I must be absolutely sure that the package can be delivered to another location where I can go pick it up at my convenience. I assume this is where the UPS personal account thing comes into play.
2.I need to answer this question:When checking out, I had to fill out a billing address form. If I pay via paypal, do I still receive an invoice/billing info and in what form?
3.There must be no chance of any promotional material unexpectedly showing up in the mail. It might be ok if it is discreet, but I'd rather not take any chances.

I hear that they are pretty good about customer service, but can anybody verify these facts for me or give me a rundown of what to expect?

1. I believe you can get a post office box with usps and list that as the shipping address.

2. Paypal will send you a standard receipt. It typically lists purchase, price, and vendor. I don't remember at the moment, but ABU might be registered with PayPal as "ABU" rather than their full name.

3. You can unsubscribe from their mailing list. However, your better option is to create an email account dedicated to purchases, etc. I recommend gmail for being easy to set up. Just remember to log out when done if you are on a shared account. Browsers that have an incognito or private mode help keep history clear. If you want to be really sure you can run all of that in an encrypted vm, something like Ubuntu and Virtual Box.

You can also use a combination of plus addressing and filtering to route promotions to spam.

I've never had to contact ABU customer service but also never had an issue with an order (my first was after they got a new owner and restructured).

Hello, and congrats on finally ordering!

First of all, yes, the package can be picked up somewhere else. First, determine what company it is being shipped through. FedEx offers Hold At Location, USPS offers Package Intercept, and UPS offers Hold for Pickup.

Second of all, you will get a billing receipt snet to your PayPal email after the charge. Then, your billing address may have a print copy of the invoice sent to it. To rectify this, email the company beforehand, and check. Ask for the invoice/bill to not be sent to the shipping address, but instead emailed to you or not sent at all.

Third of all, the promotional material can be dealt with if you just email the company, requesting not to be put onto any mailing lists.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice lads!

Hiya Im totally new to this forum so sorry if this is not helpful info at all but i recently bought some outfits from ebay and have used click and collect from Argos option... I wasnt previously aware that I could select items from different sellers and pick up from argos i thought it was just main sellers .
Just thought I would share that info here in case it is of use to anyone who cant get things delivered to home.

babysittervixi said:
Hiya Im totally new to this forum so sorry if this is not helpful info at all but i recently bought some outfits from ebay and have used click and collect from Argos option... I wasnt previously aware that I could select items from different sellers and pick up from argos i thought it was just main sellers .
Just thought I would share that info here in case it is of use to anyone who cant get things delivered to home.

Hey, thanks for the info!
Unfortunately I don't live in GB, but I have heard about similar services offered here. I'm thinking there would be a charge applied for the convenience of using such a service but who knows, it might be even better than using a P.O. box or equivalent.

So I completed the paypal transaction, now it's just a waiting game. Hopefully I can have these here before the break is over (and before any snowstorms hit, so I can be comfy and warm through that!)
I'm excited!

Congrats! Let us know when they arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back