Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
Ok, so I am planning on buying some diapers at rearz, but I need a little advice.

It's a toss up between a case of inspire, inspire+ or safari.

Now a case of inspire costs $100 exactly and comes with 48 diapers. Which is 12 more than I would get out of the other cases. That makes it $2.08 per diaper. However, I have heard the wicking on these are not very good / non existent, so even if it holds a lot in tests, it doesn't hold nearly as much in practice.

The Inspire+ is cheaper than the Safari's, and are the same but without the print. However, it looks like they wick liquids better and are probably all around a better diaper. They are currently going for $87, which would make them $2.42 each However, I wouldn't get free shipping unless I try to get my order to be exactly $100, as that is all I have to spend. I figured I could try to do this by getting other things along with it.
Also ... their code, trysafari still seems to work, so I could get 2 Safari diapers out of it for free.

Then there are the Safari diapers. Not only do they have a super cute print but they are just as good as the inspire+ diapers. But they cost $100. So they come out to 2.78 per diaper.

You know after listing all this out .. starting to think the Inspire+ might be the way to go. XD

Edit: The issue is ... going through their stuff, it's almost impossible to get exactly $100, since a lot of their merch has a .99 cents at the end of it -.-

Don't bother with inspire rubbish get ABU space

parcelboy2 said:

As far as I can tell, all the prices are listed in USD, and shipping would cost an extra $15 USD. Converting CAD ... they would be pretty darn expensive. In fact, I couldn't even afford it.

doesn't any of the Canadian sites do them ?
And that sucks as your right next door to each other
p/s I'm from England but have Canadian family through my granddad

parcelboy2 said:
doesn't any of the Canadian sites do them ?
And that sucks as your right next door to each other
p/s I'm from England but have Canadian family through my granddad

If there is, I am unaware of it. However, even if there was a supplier, the chances are is they would still be more expensive than rearz simply because rearz is actually located within Canada. So it's not like they have to ship it to another country to customers or a supplier.

Just an update, I ended up going with Inspire+ and also got a sample of safaris, baby bottle and some baby powder. I realized I didn't need to get it to equal exactly $100 as it could go over, and then with the "trysafari code it would take off $10. So it would still get the free shipping. Also .. I had a little extra, and noticed hyperdimension neptunia re birth1 was on sale for like $6 and some change .. so I got that too. XD

parcelboy2 said:

I wouldn't say they're rubbish, aside from the ones with bad tapes that ABU discounted. They're not as good as Space diapers, so presumably not as good as ABU Simple, but they're still pretty darn decent.

Trevor said:
I wouldn't say they're rubbish, aside from the ones with bad tapes that ABU discounted. They're not as good as Space diapers, so presumably not as good as ABU Simple, but they're still pretty darn decent.

Well, I know the inspire+ and Safari diapers have gotten pretty good reviews, and as far as I am aware, they really don't have any negatives. The inspire diapers though, as I said, have the issue with the wicking according to many reviews I have read.

brabbit1987 said:
Well, I know the inspire+ and Safari diapers have gotten pretty good reviews, and as far as I am aware, they really don't have any negatives. The inspire diapers though, as I said, have the issue with the wicking according to many reviews I have read.

The ones I have aren't so thick but still hold a decent amount for their starting bulk. If the tapes had been better and the prices reasonable, I'd have been happy to buy more. I don't think ABU is likely to get them back now with their Simples and that's okay too since they're about 40 minutes away from me.

Trevor said:
The ones I have aren't so thick but still hold a decent amount for their starting bulk. If the tapes had been better and the prices reasonable, I'd have been happy to buy more. I don't think ABU is likely to get them back now with their Simples and that's okay too since they're about 40 minutes away from me.

Which ones are you talking about? Regular inspires?

brabbit1987 said:
Which ones are you talking about? Regular inspires?

Yes, regular Inspire. I didn't even remember when I started that there were Inspire+. Probably much like ABU for you, the cross-border pricing doesn't make it worth it most of the time to keep up with them very well.

Just to chime in, I have tried Rearz Safari, Rearz Inspire 1.0, and ABU Space. The thickest and most absorbent of these is the Safari diaper, no question. Assuming the Inspire + InControl is the same as the Safari diaper (minus the print) as Rearz has said, you will not be disappointed. If it's cheaper for you to get Safari or Inspire+ than ABU Space--awesome. Count yourself lucky being in Canada; the shipping cost makes Rearz a bit pricey for those of us south of the border.

ABU Space is similar to Rearz Safari/Inspire+, but I can confirm that it is not as thick, not as heavy, and not as absorbent as the Rearz products. A comparison of dry weights: 203g for Space, 215g for Safari, both size medium.

The Inspire 1.0 were nice but do not come close to the Safari or Space in terms of absorbency; I had a loose leg elastic issue with my batch that has limited their usefulness.

Tygon said:
The Inspire 1.0 were nice but do not come close to the Safari or Space in terms of absorbency; I had a loose leg elastic issue with my batch that has limited their usefulness.

Have you tried the DC Amore? I've had issues with the elastic bands in the legs competely detaching and ending up separating completely from my diapers. (only when wet, and so far its always just been one single bnad)

bambinod said:
Have you tried the DC Amore? I've had issues with the elastic bands in the legs competely detaching and ending up separating completely from my diapers. (only when wet, and so far its always just been one single bnad)

I have not not tried the (kitten) Amor, so I can't comment on the leg elastics. The leg elastics on the Idyl have been fine.

I do have the original anime Amor. The elastics were fine as I recall; the weak point on those were the tapes. The tapes on the kitten Amor and Idyl appear to be the blue-tipped 3M tapes, which work great.

I have noticed that every diaper, regardless of brand, will eventually break leg elastics when over saturated and subjected to enough activity. Using baby oil contributes to a diaper breaking apart extra early.

Tygon said:
I have not not tried the (kitten) Amor, so I can't comment on the leg elastics. The leg elastics on the Idyl have been fine.

I do have the original anime Amor. The elastics were fine as I recall; the weak point on those were the tapes. The tapes on the kitten Amor and Idyl appear to be the blue-tipped 3M tapes, which work great.

I have noticed that every diaper, regardless of brand, will eventually break leg elastics when over saturated and subjected to enough activity. Using baby oil contributes to a diaper breaking apart extra early.

They're not breaking. The adhesive that keeps the elastic bands attached to the shell of the diaper are failing completely, as though dissolved. I'm taking off my diaper in the morning to change, and after the diaper hits the linoleum, one or two entire strings of elastic fall off my skin. Not all of them (four each side?), usually one, sometimes two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back