Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABU Space Diapers

Default ABU Space Diapers

Yesterday I received my sample pack of ABU Space diapers. I ordered one M and one L. The M just barely fits but the L is HUGE! It comes up way past my belly button. I almost want to say it's an XL. I looked at the order form and it says one M and one L. I don't see any size indicated on them ala Depends. Is there a way to determine the size? I'm hesitant to order either size as they either won't fit or be way too big.

Disclaimer: I've only worn store brands, Tenas and a few other Bambino brands. Nothing like what would be considered a true AB diaper. Could the L be bulky for the full AB effect?

Many thanks!
    ~Zip~

I've ordered the same sample pack (one large and one medium) of the ABU Space. I haven't had too many experiences with AB diapers. Usually though, I've just ordered mediums and while they did ride a little high, they never seemed ridiculously big. I haven't tried the ABU Space diapers nor have I tried AB diapers in a while so my memory could a little fuzzy.

If you don't mind me asking, about what size waist do you have? Just curious as to what to expect from my sample pack. Also, what'd you think of them (other than the sizing of course)?

I have a 34 inch waist and bought the size L Space diapers. And Yes, the do come up past my belly button. I personally like that feel, but you can always tuck down the top edge a little if you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, about what size waist do you have? Just curious as to what to expect from my sample pack. Also, what'd you think of them (other than the sizing of course)?
    Thanks. I meant to say that. 36" +/-

Premium diapers and store brand diapers are pretty different in design. Just about all store brand are cloth backed. Depend has a trimmer fit that also doesn't go up to high for discretion reasons, they are supposed to resemble the same fit as underwear. That's the reason why it feels huge on you comparing them to Depend. Premium diapers like ABU are designed to come up higher for protection reasons.

I have a 38 inch waist. They come up well passed my belly button. I wear larges. You have a 36 inch so you should be ok. Since you are on the top of the scale, you should go with larges. If you manage to tape them correctly, and they are resealable, so if you feel the need for adjustments, you can do that without compromising the diaper, the fit might take an adjustment to get used to.

Just follow some of the articles on how to properly apply a diaper to yourself. Some diapers are different than others. You'll have to adjust accordingly. It depends on the space between the top and bottom tapes. Make sure the back of the diaper is ever so slightly higher than the front.

My method with a larger diaper is to put the tapes in a > < like angle. Bottom tapes to point upwards towards your belly button. Point the top tapes towards your junk but pull over your curve of your gut, don't just pull straight to the desired taping area. This will help the diaper hug your frame and help to reduce sagging.

Also try to fold the diaper in half lengthwise to form a U shape to help prevent a W like shape in the crotch. The width of the crotch is probably double the width of a store brand diaper and is more prone to making the W shape which can make awkward fits and leaks.

You can make a larger diaper fit to your needs as a smaller one will have less play.

I wore the M to bed last night. It fit perfectly and was AMAZING! It held multiple wettings with no leaks. I drank a lot last night (water and egg nog) and used it before bed, during the night and two morning floods. It bulked up nicely and was still comfortable. It was a little too crinkly for me, but since I sleep alone, there was no problem there.

DKDL

That's why I keep telling every one about the DC Amor brand I always had the same problem with the bambino and Molicure and other brand diapers.
    And if you do not care about the pink Amor brand the the DC Idyl diapers are suppose to fit the same as the Amor's I would recommend the large size,
    Take it from someone with lots of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DKDL View Post
    That's why I keep telling every one about the DC Amor brand I always had the same problem with the bambino and Molicure and other brand diapers.
    What was the problem? Bulking or crinkling?

I have tried the space diapers. Underwhelming for what I got... But I love the prints so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorPenguin View Post
    I have tried the space diapers. Underwhelming for what I got... But I love the prints so much!!
    Underwhelming? How so? I was thinking about getting some myself. What was wrong with them in your opinion?