Low Quality Diapers Should be Illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor

Est. Contributor
In my stash i been running low on diapers so i went and bought a pack of generic diapers from cvs(Fitted briefs), and wow was the experience horrible(Barely hold 2 moderate wettings). It made me think of all the truly Incontinent people who really on these products and how miserable they must be having to constantly worry about leaks and having to change so frequently(cant even imagine a bed wetting situation), when if they had a proper diaper there lifes would improve by a huge margin as they would only need 3 Good diapers a day, with a very fractional chance of leaks. Its really makes me wonder why Real diapers arnt sold in stores.

I like having thinner, discreet diapers available but it's a shame that they're all that's available retail. Even having Tranquility ATNs widely available would go a long way toward addressing this for most non-recreational wearers who might need something that does more than cover an occasional dribble. I think it's just that people aren't well-educated in this area and it's not something that many feel comfortable asking about or lodging complaints. Even taking my kink side out of it that wants a crinkly, smooth, white plastic diaper, we have technical limitations right now in what can be provided that looks and feels more like underwear and I think it would be better if people could make their own choices rather than just the illusion of choice between different kinds of Depends pull-ups and store brands.

I have a feeling the reason for this is because, in general, those diapers are good enough for most and most would rather change sooner than later, so the capacity isn't nearly as important. Also discreetness tends to be up there on the list too.

Im going to be straight up, Ive worn M4 and Molicare super plus infront of family and in public countless times and no one notices, I rather have a slightly larger butt then leak when out and about

Vapor said:
Im going to be straight up, Ive worn M4 and Molicare super plus infront of family and in public countless times and no one notices, I rather have a slightly larger butt then leak when out and about

It varies, and we don't really know who notices or not, just who says anything. I got called out once for the most minor of rustles by my mom. She didn't know what she was hearing but knew something was up and it was some pretty quiet vinyl plastic pants. I agree that most of the time, people are in their own worlds but I've had friends get comments before from others. Wear long enough and it's bound to happen. I figure it's rare to notice and then among those who do notice it's also rare to say anything. It's a numbers game.

Vapor said:
In my stash i been running low on diapers so i went and bought a pack of generic diapers from cvs(Fitted briefs), and wow was the experience horrible(Barely hold 2 moderate wettings). It made me think of all the truly Incontinent people who really on these products and how miserable they must be having to constantly worry about leaks and having to change so frequently(cant even imagine a bed wetting situation), when if they had a proper diaper there lifes would improve by a huge margin as they would only need 3 Good diapers a day, with a very fractional chance of leaks. Its really makes me wonder why Real diapers arnt sold in stores.

Because premium nappies are aimed at people who are heavily IC, who are a minority. The sales volume is too small to be a profitable use of shelf space, especially when you consider that many heavy IC sufferers will be getting their supplies delivered directly, in bulk, either from their insurer or national medical agency. Lower quality products, intended for light IC, sell much more by comparison.

You also have to consider that many people who are genuinely IC grapple with embarrassment, shame and self-loathing, and thus really don't want to go out in public and buy a product that advertises that they are heavily incontinent.

It's a market that online retailers serve sufficiently well these days that it is highly unlikely that bricks and mortar retailers will ever bother with it.

Vapor said:

Yes!
I am medically incontinent, and generic pharmacy diapers suck!
I have to add male guards to up the absorbency.
Sigh...

I am IC and use either my own cloth or ATN'S when needed but ATN'S are hard to get as an IC because they want to pay for cheap crap and don't care how many times we change,insurance companies suck the life out of us and generally expect us to shut up and deal with it.
I for one am not hindererd embarrassed or shamed by my IC and have no problem advocating for change .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back