Not open for further replies.

Sparks

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Has anyone tried the training pants are they any good?

They are not waterproof, so if you do more than sribble you end up un wet pants. If that is a good thing for your roleplay senario then go for it. If you want to really wet you need plastic pants and at that point you might as well get an actual cloth diaper.

I just need something I can wear while I'm in training

WildRose has a point - if you're planning to use them like a diaper, you'll need plastic pants. However, if you're a good Little who's on the road to being trained, the BabyPants are very good - soft, comfortable, easy to pull down and up, and available in a wide range of colors and prints - including Toddler White.

They're my go to underwear but I don't wet them. I just like the idea that I'm wearing thick training pants rather than dopey old underwear.

I have several pair of Babypants "my first" training pants which I wear at night (of course wearing plastic pants over them) because I am a bedwetter. I find them soft, comfortable, and thick. I have some other pull-on style pants from other places (Babykins in Canada, adult sizes). I like the ease of the pull-on pants and my protection keeps my bed dry at night.

BlueSleeper said:
WildRose has a point - if you're planning to use them like a diaper, you'll need plastic pants. However, if you're a good Little who's on the road to being trained, the BabyPants are very good - soft, comfortable, easy to pull down and up, and available in a wide range of colors and prints - including Toddler White.

I'm a big kit! I'm staying dry or trying to.

LOVE THEM, great product. I typically use My First Training pants over my night diaper in case I leak. I don't like to use them for their intended purpose because they are so thick it is hard to get the pee smell out of them. Plus I some times wear them as regular undies since they are so comfortable.

Is it impossible to get the smell out?

BlufftonSC said:
I don't like to use them for their intended purpose because they are so thick it is hard to get the pee smell out of them.

Huh. Are you machine-washing them? Have you tried stripping them? They are definitely thicker than the average cloth diaper, though, so I suppose it's not surprising that they'd be harder to clean. I simply haven't experienced any residual stink with mine. I have a high-efficiency washer and use All detergent. Wetting only; no messing. Certainly using the "Speed Wash" setting or dialing down the water level would be tempting fate with these!

tonitrui said:
Is it impossible to get the smell out?

No, definitely not. See the link above. It discusses stripping (getting stubborn crud--of various types--off of your diapers), and also goes into how to avoid buildup of crud in the first place.

I love the "My First" training pants. If you want to actually use them like pull-on diapers, then you'll definitely want the "My First" over the "Almost a Big Kid", as they're much thicker and more absorbent. And, as mentioned earlier, you'll need plastic pants or some other kind of diaper cover. I use the Comfort Vinyl pull-ons from Changing Times Diaper Co., but there are plenty of great options. A "water-clear" (totally see-through) pant/cover would be a good option if you really want to enjoy the print of the training pants while you're wearing them.

I've a got a couple pairs, one as in the thicker "my first training pants" thickness and one in the "almost a big kid" thickness. I mostly don't wet them, instead just wearing them in place of regular underwear a couple days each weak. They're very soft and feel great. The thicker ones will also give you a noticeable feeling of thickness between the legs, which is fun.

I've worn them over diapers when I want something thicker at night sometimes and I've also wet them directly a few times in the evening when I felt kinda naughty. Just little accidents though, because otherwise you'll have pee all over the place, since they don't hold anything in without plastic pants.

I haven't had any issues with smell, myself. One thing I've always done after wetting underwear or training pants is that soak them when I'm through right away. Even if I'm not doing laundry that night, I'll still make sure to run them under water and soak them through, as well as maybe wringing them out a couple times and resoaking, as that gets most of the pee out. I'd also recommend trying the stripping method that Cottontail suggests, as that's very likely to fix the problem if they do smell.

I don't plan on out right wetting them

Are they hard to care for

Here's my experience with the Almost A Big Kid ones. It should hold true for the My First Training Pants as well, since they're the same construction just more padding.

These things CANNOT take a flooding. Their wicking speed is super slow and they will overflow at the sides if you flood them; not soak through, but actually overflow. Good plastic pants like Gary Wear Active Briefs are a MUST. These will keep the urine from escaping down your legs and ensure that it gets soaked up by the outside surface of the pants instead.

They DO shrink a little bit in the wash. Not much, but I'm at the top of a medium size. Before washing I was able to wear them outside my regular briefs with no problem. After washing, I can only wear them by themselves or they crush my nuts.

As for their quality, they seem to be very well-constructed and should hold up for a very long time.

Bottom line: if you're looking for something to actually wet, look for something like SuperUndies instead. If you're instead just looking for something that feels good to wear and provides you a little sense of padding, these are great.

Sparks said:
I'm a big kit! I'm staying dry or trying to.
Awww little one don't for get the star chart when your staying dry a gold star.
Not shure about those training pants .
Training pants seem over rated or I'm just a little kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back