diapered while visiting relatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I'm spending a week hundreds of miles from home with relatives. Parents have prepared a (somewhat) private guest room for me so I thought "ok, now I'm really going to do it, I'm going to wear 27/7 and not going to be making any long treks across the house four times a night, I better plan on dealing with waking up wet evey morning."

This stay was for 9 days instead of the usual 5-6, so I was justified in bringing a second suitcase. But in reality, the 2nd suitcase was entlrely full of diapers and diaper supplies. Two bags of Snuggies (2 per day, with a couple to spare) plus 3/4 bag of Confidry for overnight. I also packed an Idyl and a Crinklz I might overnight in when I feel like it. I brought one black "drum liner" trash bag and a dozen 1gal ziplocs to store used and wet diapers in. (I'm unlikely to have any good disposal opportunities) Container of talc, cornstarch, zeesorb, and baby lotion. Aaaand that about fills the suitcase solid. To press the issue, I didn't pack a single pair of regular underwear. "There's no turning back now, you're going to be in diapers 24/7 all week, like it or not!"

================

First day went great, I drove close to six hours to their place and had to "piss like a racehorse" when I got there, as I didn't want to deal with a wet diaper right when I arrived. I'd decided to change once every day (so two snuggies for daytime) so my diaper wouldn't be destroyed or lumpy by evening. Night came, and I got into my room and changed into my confidry. I'd drank a typical amount before bed so I knew it was going to be either a wet diaper or several piss-runs. Was fairly but safely damp by morning, what a wonderful way to wake up, and well-rested too!

They'd set aside an area in the bathroom for toiletries, but I told them I had that covered and was just going to bring in my lunchbox with supplies every morning to avoid cluttering things up or forgetting something. Perfect way to smuggle in a clean diaper and supplies, get cleaned up well, and smuggle out a wet diaper in a ziploc! So I went to the bathroom in my bedrobe to change in the morning. Avoiding getting white talc on the bathroom rugs was a bit of an inconvenience, but overall it went smoothly.

Back in my room, I added the ziplocked wet Confidry to the black bag I'd been tossing my used/dry snuggies into. I may have a space problem, as wet and even dry used diapers take up more space than fresh dry ones, I expect I'm going to have to shuffle things around to make space. (it's going to be heavier too, I hadn't really though of that until now)

================

I had to play things fast-n-loose on day 2 though, we were making a 1-day overnight visit to relatives further away. So packed two snuggies and one confidry with supplies in a backpack with my change of clothes for the next day and off we go.

I forgot my bathrobe. Oops. ok, maybe tonight I won't wet, lets just not press our luck, and drink sparingly before bed and pray I can hold it till morning, because bathroom breaks overnight are iffy and getting to the bathroom in a soaked overnight diaper while they're fixing breakfast probably won't be doable. So things went well, was able to nip in for my afternoon change, good thing too as it was showing its age by that point. Back to nice 'n comfortable.

Bed was rather lumpy, and room was hot. Owell. Did finally get to sleep. But, strange beds can have an unfortunate effect on me. And it's not what you think. Sometime around 2am, I'm off doing some pretty heavy dreaming, and I'm dreaming I'm wearing a confidry diaper and a black tshirt that's not doing a good job at covering it. And I even have coworkers seeing me but nobody's making a deal of it. And then it happens. Nope, I told you, it's not what you're thinking. I feel a wet dream about to hit. I don't know why, sleeping in an unfamiliar bed just sometimes causes that to happen to me. (I've had nights where I've gone off FIVE TIMES over the course of one night!) This makes a very challenging mess to deal with in a guest bed come morning.

Well I wake up just about to pop. You know how it is, you might be awake now but there's no stopping it when you're only seconds away, it's just going to happen. Thank god I'm actually wearing that confidry diaper and not just dreaming about it! This is the first time I've actually had a wet dream while wearing a diaper, wonderful how that worked out! By 8am I'd actually gotten a good night's sleep and I just slipped on my jeans and tshirt and slipped right into the bathroom to do a little cleanup and change. (diaper actually made for close to zero cleanup needed, contrary to what we usually get to deal with) I probably could have wet my diaper overnight but this was enough excitement for the day I think!

================

Now I'm back at the parents' place and will be getting ready for bed shortly. Hoping for the rest of the week to go as well, wish me luck!

And if any of you are thinking of trying this, absoltely go for it!

I tried this only at nighttime when I was staying at my aunt's house over the holidays years ago when I was a teenager when my parents were out of the country. But, it ended up being something of a disaster because a.) I was a dumb kid, and b.) their dog seemed to have a thing for sabotaging me and chewing up the backpack I had kept the diapers (might have been goodnites...? o_O) in.

With a bit more experience and preparation though, I could totally see how it could be a real treat!

Best of luck to you!

Are you going to be lugging all those wet diapers home in your suitcase? My guess is that the suitcase is going to be very heavy. You might try to ditch some of them somewhere outside the house.

bambinod said:
And if any of you are thinking of trying this, absoltely go for it!

Do you flush the toilet once in awhile to cover your tracks, so to speak? I like your adventure. Please keep us posted! :)

dogboy said:
Are you going to be lugging all those wet diapers home in your suitcase? My guess is that the suitcase is going to be very heavy. You might try to ditch some of them somewhere outside the house.

I got the impression that's what the black garbage liner is for.

zipperless said:
Do you flush the toilet once in awhile to cover your tracks, so to speak? I like your adventure. Please keep us posted! :)

Yes I tried to be a bit stealthy. But really I got to thinking about it, and for as well as you can hear what's going on outside a bathroom, that's almost never the case. You're in a small room with hard, flat, uncovered walls, hard floor (not carpet), no drapes or soft furniture, so it's not surprising you hear your own sounds really well. But in the house you have all these sound-absorbing things. Heck I can hardly hear it when someone flushes the toilet when I'm right in the hallway. So I don't stress so much over sounds anymore. Nobody outside the bathroom is going to hear me peel up a tape or hear the crinkle of my diaper as I put it on. The only problem I really have is the long time I spend in there. I need to change out, stow the wet diaper, set up a floor cover (to catch powder), use the sink and a facecloth and clean up well downstairs (I do not want to deal with angry skin this week!) which also means running water for awhile, dry off, powder up, get out a fresh diaper (fully pretaped, I haz the skillz and want it done quick and perfect), and powder up a bit more, before changing into my day clothes. That's a lot of time spent in the bathroom. (7 min?) I leave the water on until well after I'm clothed, and get my teeth brushed.

I'll take a shower tomorrow morning. (haven't had the luxury of time to this point) I suppose that would give me all the time in the world. With sound not really a concern, I'd have nothing to worry about.

I got the impression that's what the black garbage liner is for.

Well these are drum liners, that are several time thicker (by mil) than the average trash bag. A typical black trash bag, especially a cheap one, is almost transparent, you can usually identify the print on the diaper from outside. (the white ones may as well be clear plastic) Also a heavy wet diaper in a ziploc can puncture or rip a thin trash bag with one of its two top corners. (had this happen more than once with the kitchen bag) The drum liners on the other hand won't rip if they get poked by a heavy diaper ziploc and there's NO seeing through them. They're also considerably larger and stronger. I bet a week's wet diapers would be risking a catstrophic failure in a regular garbage bag, or especially a kitchen one.

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:

I've been giving it some thought. I had considered smuggling a half full bag to my vehicle mid-week, but I only brought the one drum liner, so I'd have nothing to use for storage in the house for the rest of the week.

I may just haul it out as-is a day or so before I leave, and put the last few used diapers in the 2nd suitcase, the wet one(s) shouldn't be too ripe yet.

So far...

I-regret-nothing.jpg

Last edited:
So far, so good. I'm running through my diapers more-or-less on schedule and will have just a bit more than I needed. I had to change the other night at 4am, not sure what was up with that as I didn't really have much to drink that evening. Better to change than to leak!

That black bag is gettin' heavy though... :sweatdrop:

bambinod said:
Yes I tried to be a bit stealthy. But really I got to thinking about it, and for as well as you can hear what's going on outside a bathroom, that's almost never the case. You're in a small room with hard, flat, uncovered walls, hard floor (not carpet), no drapes or soft furniture, so it's not surprising you hear your own sounds really well. But in the house you have all these sound-absorbing things. Heck I can hardly hear it when someone flushes the toilet when I'm right in the hallway. So I don't stress so much over sounds anymore. Nobody outside the bathroom is going to hear me peel up a tape or hear the crinkle of my diaper as I put it on. The only problem I really have is the long time I spend in there. I need to change out, stow the wet diaper, set up a floor cover (to catch powder), use the sink and a facecloth and clean up well downstairs (I do not want to deal with angry skin this week!) which also means running water for awhile, dry off, powder up, get out a fresh diaper (fully pretaped, I haz the skillz and want it done quick and perfect), and powder up a bit more, before changing into my day clothes. That's a lot of time spent in the bathroom. (7 min?) I leave the water on until well after I'm clothed, and get my teeth brushed.

I'll take a shower tomorrow morning. (haven't had the luxury of time to this point) I suppose that would give me all the time in the world. With sound not really a concern, I'd have nothing to worry about.

Well these are drum liners, that are several time thicker (by mil) than the average trash bag. A typical black trash bag, especially a cheap one, is almost transparent, you can usually identify the print on the diaper from outside. (the white ones may as well be clear plastic) Also a heavy wet diaper in a ziploc can puncture or rip a thin trash bag with one of its two top corners. (had this happen more than once with the kitchen bag) The drum liners on the other hand won't rip if they get poked by a heavy diaper ziploc and there's NO seeing through them. They're also considerably larger and stronger. I bet a week's wet diapers would be risking a catstrophic failure in a regular garbage bag, or especially a kitchen one.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been giving it some thought. I had considered smuggling a half full bag to my vehicle mid-week, but I only brought the one drum liner, so I'd have nothing to use for storage in the house for the rest of the week.

I may just haul it out as-is a day or so before I leave, and put the last few used diapers in the 2nd suitcase, the wet one(s) shouldn't be too ripe yet.

So far...

View attachment 25108

I tend to use regular plastic shopping bags and bury a few at a time in the trash in scenarios like that. Easy to bury in the trash

BlufftonSC said:
I tend to use regular plastic shopping bags and bury a few at a time in the trash in scenarios like that. Easy to bury in the trash

Unfortunately for me here, they have a bit of a routine of trash pickup, gathering, etc, and would have a chance to spot it. I also liternally am never alone in the house, mom's within sight of the kitchen basically 24/7. Smuggling even one bag from the guest room clear across the house into the kitchen trash would be very difficult. I'll keep my eye open though. I'd dearly love to say "why don't you two GO somewhere without me for five minutes at some point this week, instead of either all of us leaving or only me and one of you?"

I just finished off my first bag of snuggies. I made a point of only opening the top edge and slilding them out one at a time, so I could reuse the bag if needed. This came in very handy this morning, as I emptied out some of the dry used daytime snuggies from the big black bag and crammed them into the snuggies bag, and taped it to keep it compressed and closed. (always bring duct tape!) I got about 8 into the bag which normally holds 10, which is more than I was expecting. (snuggies doesn't smash their diapers into the bag super tight like a lot of other brands) I'd label that a "protip" for those traveling padded. So that greatly reduced the volume in the black bag, though not the weight. The bag's getting a bit ripe, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the odor is completely containted. I had problems with kitchen trash bags leeching odor (just like the galon ziplocs do) so when I had a bag tied and tossed into the garbage can, the can got ripe by a few days later. This thicker plastic drum liner appears to be odor-proof. Kida hits you though when you open it up to drop in another wet one ;P Brought a can of Glade :)

Being halfway through the stay now, I have a clearer idea of what departure is going to look like. That black bag, unless I do something about it, is gonna be pretty heavily loaded by the time I have to leave. Seeing as clothing tends to never pack back up anywhere near as small and neat when returning from a trip, I'll probably try to pass this off as a "dirty laundry bag" when loading up the car. I think the weight will be a problem. (for those of you that don't wet regularly, wet diapers are surprisingly heavy, especially in groups) I may instead put the bag in one of the suitcases (if it fits!) and use my other actual kitchen bag as my dirty laundry bag, hauled out separately. I can hide the weight of a heavy suitcase easier.

Last edited:
Maybe still pass off the black drum liner as dirty laundry and just make sure NOBODY else picks it up. It will probably weigh 80lbs by the end of the week.

dlnotab said:
Maybe still pass off the black drum liner as dirty laundry and just make sure NOBODY else picks it up. It will probably weigh 80lbs by the end of the week.

yeah it's going to be picked up like Santa's sack and won't leave my grip till I'm at my vehicle

dlnotab said:

Yes do be careful with the weight - I know they are strong bags but I am reminded of I time I did this and had a weeks worth of wet diapers ( 21 in total) and I picked up the bag - got as far as the front door and the side split open spilling half the diaper out - I managed to gather them up quickly before anyone else came and saw but it was close and could have easily ended up with a long awkward explanation

Well I'm on Day 7 of 10, and it's been a blast. The only skin issues I've had is a larger crop of hip pimples than normal, probably due to only going through two diapers during the day. (meaning less chances to powder up) Last night we ate, opened packages, and hung out till midnight. I actually didn't drink much either, and went to bed in another confidry. I wake up often and wet when necessary, and by 6am I had lost count but my leg cuffs and back corners still felt dry. Then I did one last check, top rear padding, and it was damp, oops I'm at capacity! It was well-distributed but wasn't going to hold even another small wetting.

Got out of bed a bit before 8 for my turn in the bathroom and to get changed, thankfully I didn't need to pee between 6 and 8. Another heavy addition to the black bag. Here's hoping my bug-out goes smoothly on Monday.

Even before I got to wearing diapers regularly, it'd been pretty normal for me to have to get up once or twice a night to pee, so it appears that my body just naturally doesn't scale back urine production for me overnight. Owell, I've got an answer to that problem ;)

I've decided all the wet diapers (plus all the dry that will fit) will be in the 2nd suitcase. The remaining dry if any in the other suitcase. Displaced clothes will be in the white kitchen trash bag as a "return clothing oveflow" bag. That way I won't have to do any smuggling, won't have to worry about helpful people grabbing that bag for me. The only problemt that leaves me with is what will probably be a 40lb suitcase to finesse to the vehicle.

A few additional comments:

- Diapering up right after a shower is a little more challenging. Your skin is damp and even if you dry off, it will still stick to a diaper. I usually use a hair dryer but they don't have one and I didn't bring mine. I had pretaped my diaper, and even though I powdered the heck out of my pelvis, getting that diaper pulled up and comfortably placed was a huge headache.

- bring extra zip-loc galon bags next time. I had to change once overnight so far, and I'm going to be one bag short. I should be able to get a few from the family, but I need to consider this next time. Bring a surplus of everything. A second drum liner would have been especially handy, and takes up almost no space.

This has been quite a learning experience, and thankfully one that hasn't (thus far!) involved suffering painful bruises in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, before someone asks, and they might, what's a good way to explain how I have suddenly gone from needing to make multiple trips to the can every night (for the last 6+ visits in a row) to not needing to make even one nighttime piss-run?

Last edited:
bambinod said:
oh, before someone asks, and they might, what's a good way to explain how I have suddenly gone from needing to make multiple trips to the can every night (for the last 6+ visits in a row) to not needing to make even one nighttime piss-run?

You're not drinking as much before bed? You're too cold to get out of bed and are holding it?

You are trying a new medication to help with that "issue". Apparently it is working...then if next time you don't go diapered, you can always say that medication had other negative side affects so you stopped taking it. No one will likely ever ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back