Has anyone told their friends about diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyJohn3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Title Says it all. I have told my friends. They don't really care. Sure they may crack a joke about it once in a while, but they don't really judge me for it. I would like to know what others have experienced in regards to friends.

Well .. with good friends it has always turned out fine with them. It may weird them out ... but they are ok with it.
With other "friends" ... in a fight they could overstep the bounds a bit and start picking on you about it to piss you off, or say it in front of people and rile you up and embarrass you.

Of course nothing has been worse than my family finding out. But considering I am older now .. it really no longer matters.

Same With me. Funnily enough, I found that when my family found out about the diapers, they were alot more hostile then my good friends ever were. I consider myself a good enough judge of character to decide who should and shouldn't know. My friends have the mentality of what I do doesn't affect them, so long as I do not try to involve them.

BabyJohn3 said:
Same With me. Funnily enough, I found that when my family found out about the diapers, they were alot more hostile then my good friends ever were. I consider myself a good enough judge of character to decide who should and shouldn't know. My friends have the mentality of what I do doesn't affect them, so long as I do not try to involve them.

Ya ... I always found it sad that I can always confide with friends more so than my family. However ... it may have largely to do with, grew up in different times. People are more accepting than they where back than.

For me, only told one. Luckily the guy is a pretty laid back guy who doesn't care what you're into, as long as it makes you happy and doesn't harm/kill people

I've never spoken about any of this stuff to anyone that I didn't meet on one of these sites.

I told my wife and she was very accepting. I also told my best friend. We were roommates in college, but also in a relationship, and I could tell him anything. He's an amazing person, a Fellow to the Kennedy Center and I think, the first gay high school principle to come out.

In my most recent thread (Diapered at Disneyland) I actually asked people if I should and most said no. However, my urges got the better of me and I told my friend some but not the whole truth and actually got him to agree to wear with me when we go on a trip in about a week! He actually told me it wasn't the weirdest thing he's ever heard of and that it doesn't bother him at all.

I have told a couple of my friends. However, those friends are also ABDLs, so telling other ABDLs that I wear diapers and am an ABDL is no big deal. None of my friends who aren't ABDLs know. :smile1:

I have told a couple of friends, but I see them pretty differently the rest of my friends who I absolutely have not told. They're some guys who I mostly talk with on the internet, but I occassionally see them in the real world too. They're pretty damn trustworthy and generally nice people so it doesn't feel weird (though perhaps a little embarassing) so we talk about pretty much anything.

As for all my other friends who I see frequently, I can't imagine telling them. I openly admit to thinking bdsm is pretty hot and I enjoy making a few of them slightly uncomfortable by making jokes about that. :D As you might imagine, frying the bigger fish would almost certainly be weird for everyone, plus those friends tend to be people that aren't really into heart-to-hearts and all that - they like to keep some distance. Curiously, I've come to realise that I'm pretty terrible at keeping my own secrets. I tend to not be able to help myself but joke and hint at them more and more over time. The diaper one is a very real exception to that though.

I wish I could find a good friend that shared the same interest as me but no I have never told anyone of my friends my secret. I have some great friends but none that I would share this secret with. I feel that if I open up to a good friend that doesn't have the same interest as me it would do me no justice to even open up in the first place. they would never even understand where I'm coming from or why I even have an interest in diapers. I'm sure they would except me for who I'm and what I like but I just want to open up face to face with another person that would really understand me.

- - - Updated - - -

O and great post by the way I'm interested into what people have to share on this discussion :laugh:

I have told a few friends that I'm a bedwetter. A few nights ago I told my friend and she told me, "there's nothing wrong with that and to look at it like having to wear glasses, some people need glasses and seem need to wear diapers." She also told me her 18 year old nephew still wears diapers to bed and that there are plenty of other people my age who wear diapers.

I never really told anyone. I have dropped hints that's about it. I did wear on a dare but not not admit that I am a abdl

Nope.... I learned a long time ago that other people will not understand nor do I expect them to. I think liking diapers is just something that gets hard wired into your brain at a young age. You either like them by the age of say....13 or so.... or you never will.

People who dont have that hard wired will never understand and I respect that and try to be discreet.

Yeah, most of my close friends know and are cool with it. A couple of them poke fun at me for it, but it's all in good fun. One of them even drew some diaper art for me of one of my favorite characters :p

Well not technically diapers, but close to it. I was talking to a girl who's a friend/co-worker of mine. She also happens to be very open minded and pretty kinky, so that made her a prime person to tell. One day at work when it wasn't very busy, we had a in-depth conversation about fetishes and stuff, and she started pushing for me to tell her what my fetishes were. I was still really hesitant, but she eventually got me to admit that I had a thing for pacifiers. She was definitely a little confused and I could tell she didn't really get it, which I completely understand. Given her reaction, I'm really glad I didn't tell her about the diapers.

I've told most of my online friends, because they're very open-minded. A couple are AB/DLs also. I've told a few real-life (ex)friends, too, but they didn't seem to care. They cared more about getting drunk and high all the time (that's one of the reasons they are ex friends.)
But it pissed me off, because one of the friends bought me some Bambinos for my birthday two years ago. I kept them at her house, just because I had nowhere to hide them, in mine. She was very understanding (but I found out from her brother a lot later on that she was purposely showing them off when people were over.) About six months ago I found out she got rid of the seven diapers I had left. I no longer talk to her (for obvious reasons.)
Be careful.

I haven't bothered telling my friends about my interest in diapers. Admittedly, I have worn around them, but it isn't like anyone is going to know about it (I don't flaunt). While I doubt my friends would abandon me due to my diaper interest, do they really need to know about it (admittedly, my interest in diapers is partially sexual)? I wouldn't lose sleep if someone saw my diaper if it were somehow showing above my waistband, but again, I don't see any need to tell friends (or family) about my diapers.

I've thought about it few times. Each time, I've ultimately concluded that the situation just wasn't right. In short, being a DL is a private vulnerability of mine. Sharing it doesn't really help anybody know how to act around me, and while most of my friendships are the products of decades and seem fairly immune to the sort of drama I see younger members falling victim to, the fact remains that my friends aren't me, and are unlikely to be as careful with my secrets as I am. Because of that, I probably won't be coming out to my friends anytime soon. If I do, it will be because the conversation is about vulnerabilities and kinks, and because the other party has already shared something of similar "value" to what I have to share. Or, put another way: I might consider trading my own dirt for the other person's, but I ain't givin' it away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back