Has anyone told their friends about diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know my wife and one other person knew I wet the bed growing up, and only my wife knows that I wear diapers.

Yes all my friends know, and its a non issue (except with my closest friend who has a weak bladder, she is bathroom mapping constantly and we joke that I spend half my time with her standing around outside of the bathroom that I don't need) she even keeps a bag of diapers in her car for when I'm around in case I forget a change.

I'm planning on telling one of my friends at college. He has his fair share of kinks and is understanding. Plus, he keeps secrets when asked to.

A kid once pressured me to tell, and I did. Long story short, he bought me some (they were my first, too).

RyanTylerDL said:
A kid once pressured me to tell, and I did. Long story short, he bought me some (they were my first, too).

How does someone pressure you into telling about ABDL? I'm just trying to figure out what kind of situation would lead itself to that, and I can't be left hanging XD

Anyway, I was in the thick of the typical ABDL depressive identity crisis basically most of my adolescent life when finally I hit a breaking point this past January. That night, I called my friend over to my dorm room and I told him the bedwetting and the diaper fetish at the same time. He was curious (asked me a lot of questions about it and did his best to be empathetic) but he realized there was nothing he could really do on a meaningful level, so he called my parents and told them I 'wasn't doing well' (praise the Lord that was all he told them) and they scheduled a therapist for me. And that started my journey toward liking myself <3. I've since told a total of 11 people until I realized I really don't need to tell people about it in order for them to genuinely spend time with me. Yes, my diaper fetish is something important to me, but it's literally the least social thing I do. It's not lying to not talk about it because it's just not necessary.

Edit: lots on my mind, kinda lost track of OP's question. thanks for bearing with me :biggrin:

attends10 said:
You either like them by the age of say....13 or so.... or you never will.
Either you are way off on that age estimate, or my girl is a pretty far out out-layer.
She started liking diapers after she started voting and paying taxes.

We're both members on a kink community, and we both have "Diapers" listed under our kinks there, though she has a note saying she is not comfortable discussing it with random people.
She does discuss it with some of her closest friends, and me (naturally), but it's not a topic she is comfortable with yet.

Me? As I'm not a wearer, but a caretaker, it's not nearly as taboo for me to speak up about it.

I was debating about telling my friend, but in the the end I decided not to

Chronoshift said:
Either you are way off on that age estimate, or my girl is a pretty far out out-layer.
She started liking diapers after she started voting and paying taxes.

We're both members on a kink community, and we both have "Diapers" listed under our kinks there, though she has a note saying she is not comfortable discussing it with random people.
She does discuss it with some of her closest friends, and me (naturally), but it's not a topic she is comfortable with yet.

Me? As I'm not a wearer, but a caretaker, it's not nearly as taboo for me to speak up about it.

I find the late life adopters an interesting group. Rare, but it certainly happens. My interest goes back to my earliest memories, so it's hard for me to grasp how someone could enjoy them but not have given them a second thought for so long. There are also those people who just aren't easily ruffled and can take or leave it without being freaked out.

I'm planning on telling one of my friends at college about it. He is a gay guy with a multitude of fetishes and has the moto of "What ever makes you happy, that doesn't harm anyone else." Main perk here is he is great at keeping secrets.

I have told a few friends who I felt were open minded enough... a few giggles at times but they're ok with it. As far as I know they have kept it to themselves.

I have a good friend of mine who is a neighbor in my apartment building - he lives on the 4th floor, and I live on the 8th floor. I told him recently about my DL interests and wearing adult diapers, and he was totally cool with it. Last night, I had taken a nap in just my diaper and underwear, as per usual. I didn't bother covering up or getting dressed or anything when my friend came in. I even pulled my underwear down a bit to show him my diaper. He was not in any way uncomfortable with that. It is such a relief to have good friends that are so accepting like that. I think that if you have true friends, they will accept you and not judge you, imho. Hope it all works out as well for anyone else who has told their friends about their diapers and ABDL interests.

My girlfriend pressured me into tell her about my fetish. She has been very understanding and even let me diaper her.

I ended up telling 3 of my closest friends about it, and they were all accepting of it. I found it kind of helped me accept myself more, telling them and having them accept it and me as I am, it's just not as big of a deal for me now. I don't plan on telling anyone else I know anytime soon now though, mostly since nobody else I know, needs to know.

Ex-girlfriend No.1: the reaction was fairly concerning, but she understood eventually.
Ex-girlfriend No.2: meh, didn't care or enquire.
Colleague at work: accepting and understood.

In my honest opinion, I don't think I gained or lost much from telling people close to me. They don't understand my attachment to diapers, and I doubt I will tell anyone else in my life. :thumbsup:

It would be funny if you were hiding it all this time from a friend only to find out they are the same/ have been doing the same!

I told someone many years ago and it was a male friend out of middle school when we were 14 looking at his older brothers play boy magazines I can remember about
1979 we were checking out Fara Faucet Chiral Teags or how ever you spell here name. On pent house.
Well picture a couple of young boys sharing there fantasy ideas with each other and then you here boy I wish she was my hot Mama as you dream about what's under
That hot brazier and what a great way to be fed, And at that point it's time to brake out the Pampers and try to live a little of the fancy.
Needless to say here we are in diapers and smoking Marlboro cigarettes at the same time,
Picture that one for a laugh.

My friends all know. They don't care. They all have weird fetishes of their own. :p

Sheik said:
How does someone pressure you into telling about ABDL? I'm just trying to figure out what kind of situation would lead itself to that, and I can't be left hanging XD

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been busy for a while. Anyway, he constantly pressured me for about 45 minutes every day in both classes that I had with him. He ended up revealing a personal fetish of his, and so I told him mine. Hope that helps.

BabyBambi said:
It would be funny if you were hiding it all this time from a friend only to find out they are the same/ have been doing the same!

Yes, that would be a pretty crazy situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back