Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would you?

Default would you?

What you do to get to the top of your industry? Example: If you were working for Mobile Oil and they gave you an oppertunity to increase your salary for $100,00 per year to $17 million per year would you do it? But, here's the catch...they want to drill in Nigeria, but a rather large town sits on top of the oil pocket and the CEO wants you to corrupt the government and give the order for corporate and Nigerian troops to open fire on the village and basically butcher the citizens. Would you do it, if it ment getting a very large salary increase and making it so that you would never have to worry about money again?

I don't think getting $17 million per year will make a person not have to worry about money ever again. I think it would just give them a whole lot more to worry about.

My obvious answer is no! I wouldn't have innocent people killed for any amount of money. I might try to find the ethical solution though, if there is one.

I would just "snake well" drill the place dry. The city can stay and we get the oil.

Here's a other question. "If aliens came to earth and gave us technology that allows us to get from point A to point B faster would you take it? The catch is that it kill's 50,000 people in the world per year, if not more."

If you answered "No" then get rid of the cars in your drive way.
    If you answered "Yes" keep the cars you drive.

Morally I'd say no, but honestly as a human I don't know what I'd do in the situation.
    Also given the fact there would be tons of pressure from different parties on the issue it'd be hard to make either decision.
    I'm sure the media would be eating something like that as well.

secretdl26

hmm, let me consider this for no time at all.

by no standard of any ethical or moral considerations could doing something like this be justifiable.

i would never do anything like that for the money.

money versus morality seems to be the biggest problem nowadays.

What would I do to get the top of my industry? Well, first I'd go to my old college buddy who recently stole from company, like say.....xerox? And then work for him on his new computer to be released with the stolen software, on the side I would steal that software and make some changes and market it as my own.

After becoming my own company I would watch my buddy get fired from his own company only to be rehired several years later and merge with mine.

Kudos to whoever gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    What would I do to get the top of my industry? Well, first I'd go to my old college buddy who recently stole from company, like say.....xerox? And then work for him on his new computer to be released with the stolen software, on the side I would steal that software and make some changes and market it as my own.

After becoming my own company I would watch my buddy get fired from his own company only to be rehired several years later and merge with mine.

Kudos to whoever gets it.
    Haha haha haha!!!

It must be expensive to kill all those people. I mean, bribing the Nigerian government, paying for the PMCs, cleanup, and then damage control?

Just offer them all a thousand US to move away. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I would just "snake well" drill the place dry. The city can stay and we get the oil.

Here's a other question. "If aliens came to earth and gave us technology that allows us to get from point A to point B faster would you take it? The catch is that it kill's 50,000 people in the world per year, if not more."

If you answered "No" then get rid of the cars in your drive way.
    If you answered "Yes" keep the cars you drive.
    I have never killed anyone with my car, plus most of those deaths are alcohol related and as much as I hate to say it because I have had people close to me die because of them but it you are drinking and driving and you die you kind of deserve it, if you take other people with you than that means you really deserve it.

But to answer the original question I would say hells no and then expose what the company was trying to do. Money is nice and all but it only has as much value as we let it have, and for me life will never be worth money. I wouldn't kill one person for a trillion dollars even if he deserved it. Ok that's a lie I would kill like a child rapist or a mass murder for that much but you get the point.