Awkward "Dry 24/7 phase" is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dy1anD1aper5

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Confidry was producing an inferior product from August - November of this year. Less absorbancy, Improved tapes, rougher plastic, thinner cut. Their December shipment has the same absorbency is it had since they began production again, they've redone the tapes w/ a gloss finish and much stronger hold, and the cut better accommodates my thighs. More comfortable, I'm glad they were listening.

Where did you get them from? I might get some more. I don't want to end up with old stock. Thanks.

So I'm not the only one that got crappy absorbancy with bigger tapes? And second that on the where did you order from?

I may be wrong. They're better than the last batch, worse than the first. Concerning absorbency. I was just being hopeful, then I compared them.

I stopped getting the dry 24/7 about 6 months ago ..my last case was very stiff and not real absorbent more filler the sap I thought

Dy1anD1aper5 said:
Confidry was producing an inferior product from August - November of this year. Less absorbancy, Improved tapes, rougher plastic, thinner cut. Their December shipment has the same absorbency is it had since they began production again, they've redone the tapes w/ a gloss finish and much stronger hold, and the cut better accommodates my thighs. More comfortable, I'm glad they were listening.

Yeah I noticed the ones were going down hill but still it was a good diaper. Then the next shipment we got was amazing. The tapes held so tight. My boyfriend wears these and he get atleast 8 hours out of a diaper. He often puts a booster in it so that he can for sure make it through the day with out changing at work.

I am going to be ordering diapers for me next month because daddy like to use those when I have little time. Not sure what we will order yet. I have been in cloth for the last 9 months so I am kinda curious to see how I do with disposables a little more often.

I got a case of dry 24/7 from XP Medical in november. rough outter plastic but that's the only down side, capacity seems to be exactly the same for me and same with the cut. I still got a arm full of older 24/7's so the first thing I did was compare them. but the only diffrence I can see is larger, better tapes and a rough-ish outer plastic that still crinkles as much.

can anyone post a comparsion of the two? I think I got one of the awful ones as a sample and sometimes the ones I got the tapes come screwed up (or the bottom tape doesn't come away from the top tape...) I have more incoming tomorrow and I'm worried they'll be a bad batch D:

I just ordered 3 cases from the Canadian supplier age comfort I hope they are not the bad batch

I received two cases from Comfidry right before Xmas (oddly I only ordered one). They fit about the same as before (which is good, for my body they had one of the better fits out there). They have wider (actually I guess just double) tapes on the bottom and small (single) on the top. It's still the double layer stuff I'm not enamored with (I understand why, this gives you the ability to open and reseal the diaper but I never do that so the feature is lost on me. Every once and a while I'll knock the blue tape off in putting them on).

It is definitely plenty absorbant as good or better than the other top of the line ones I use (I rotate between Abena L4 and the NSC heaviest and Confidry based on whose got the best deal at the time).
I do notice the current instance is a bit crinkly. This is an attirbute I've not run into in decades (boy if you've been around since the 80's you know what diaper crinkle is). Still it's not too bad and for me, I don't care.

Yup the plastic is rough but everything else is the same. They do clump up a little bit in the front area near the crotch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back