Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Diapers for an Enlarged Prostate?

  1. #1

    Default Diapers for an Enlarged Prostate?

    Like many men my age, I have an enlarged prostate, which means at least 2 and often 3 trips to the bathroom each night. This interferes with a good night's sleep for most. But since I have always gotten up in the middle of the night to pee, it's not that big of a deal for me.

    So lately I've been wearing my diapers to bed regularly. Although my night diapers are not motivated by this issue, I have to say how pleasant it is to just wet my diaper and not have to get up. And yes I do get a better night's sleep (I'm now at the point where most of the time I don't completely wake when I wet).

    I choose to wear diapers to bed, or in other situations where a restroom may not be readily available, as a more natural and enjoyable alternative to medication for the treatment of my of BPH (enlarged prostrate) symptoms. What do you choose?

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBike1 View Post
    Like many men my age, I have an enlarged prostate, which means at least 2 and often 3 trips to the bathroom each night. This interferes with a good night's sleep for most. But since I have always gotten up in the middle of the night to pee, it's not that big of a deal for me.

    So lately I've been wearing my diapers to bed regularly. Although my night diapers are not motivated by this issue, I have to say how pleasant it is to just wet my diaper and not have to get up. And yes I do get a better night's sleep (I'm now at the point where most of the time I don't completely wake when I wet).

    I choose to wear diapers to bed, or in other situations where a restroom may not be readily available, as a more natural and enjoyable alternative to medication for the treatment of my of BPH (enlarged prostrate) symptoms. What do you choose?
    I don't have an enlarged prostate, but I still wear diapers to bed, more for pleasure and comfort. Occasionally I'll wet in my sleep. I have a certain amount of urge incontinence so that may be why.

    Is there anything that can be done for your prostate? It doesn't sound comfortable.

  3. #3

    Default

    I myself have BPH, and even with BPH drugs, I still have to wear diapers 24/7.
    Of course, I also have a neurogenic bladder related to my having Cerebral Palsy.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by BabyBike1 View Post
    Like many men my age, I have an enlarged prostate, which means at least 2 and often 3 trips to the bathroom each night. This interferes with a good night's sleep for most. But since I have always gotten up in the middle of the night to pee, it's not that big of a deal for me.

    So lately I've been wearing my diapers to bed regularly. Although my night diapers are not motivated by this issue, I have to say how pleasant it is to just wet my diaper and not have to get up. And yes I do get a better night's sleep (I'm now at the point where most of the time I don't completely wake when I wet).
    I don't have any medical reason to wear diapers overnight, unless you count difficulty getting back to sleep after a run across a cold floor and a bright light several times a night. So yeah, I get much better sleep when diapered, for exactly the same reason as you.

    And I'm drinking an extra glass of milk right now just before bed, to make sure I don't wake in the morning to a dry diaper

  5. #5

    Default

    Although I would still keep up with the medications, I would say that diapers are a definite convenience as well as being just-in-case protection.

    I have been wetting the bed almost every night for the past four months. . .my prostate was one of the first things they checked, but besides feeling "boggy" the first time, it is normal. . .so they have me taking the just before bed dose of an OAB drug which seems to be helping. (Had my first few dry nights the past couple of weeks.)

    Anyway, I am definitely grateful to be wearing diapers at night, not just because I was a DL to begin with, but because waking up to a soaked bed that first week was absolutely horrendous.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by LittleAaron View Post
    Anyway, I am definitely grateful to be wearing diapers at night, not just because I was a DL to begin with, but because waking up to a soaked bed that first week was absolutely horrendous.
    I don't understand why a DL would let it go a whole week before thinking to diaper up for bed?? If I wasn't already wearing to bed every night, I'm certain my ass would be padded after the very next night after the first accident.

  7. #7

    Default

    I do not usually wet in my sleep. However, I have urge incontinence. And when I wake up needing to urinate, I usually begin to wet myself before I can get to the bathroom. So why bother trying to get up. I just wear a diaper and use it as needed whenever I need to urinate during the night.

  8. #8

    Default

    I find much the same as many of you. I just wet my diaper and then able to get back to sleep a lot faster than having to get up and then try and get back to sleep. That assumes that I did wake up when I needed to pee. After that trip to the bathroom you are pretty awake by then.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    And I'm drinking an extra glass of milk right now just before bed, to make sure I don't wake in the morning to a dry diaper
    FAIL. First morning I've woke up dry in weeks. Apparently my body's playing Camel today...

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I don't have an enlarged prostate, but I still wear diapers to bed, more for pleasure and comfort. Occasionally I'll wet in my sleep. I have a certain amount of urge incontinence so that may be why.

    Is there anything that can be done for your prostate? It doesn't sound comfortable.
    I was offered medication but declined since it's not that big of a deal yet and I'd rather not deal with any side effects. Sometimes it's uncomfortable to pass urine since the enlarged prostrate presses against the urethra. I think this is interfering with my bed wetting training since the small discomfort makes me very physically aware of peeing. But like you, I'll get there one day!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.