Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers for an Enlarged Prostate?

Default Diapers for an Enlarged Prostate?

Like many men my age, I have an enlarged prostate, which means at least 2 and often 3 trips to the bathroom each night. This interferes with a good night's sleep for most. But since I have always gotten up in the middle of the night to pee, it's not that big of a deal for me.

So lately I've been wearing my diapers to bed regularly. Although my night diapers are not motivated by this issue, I have to say how pleasant it is to just wet my diaper and not have to get up. And yes I do get a better night's sleep (I'm now at the point where most of the time I don't completely wake when I wet).

I choose to wear diapers to bed, or in other situations where a restroom may not be readily available, as a more natural and enjoyable alternative to medication for the treatment of my of BPH (enlarged prostrate) symptoms. What do you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBike1 View Post
    Like many men my age, I have an enlarged prostate, which means at least 2 and often 3 trips to the bathroom each night. This interferes with a good night's sleep for most. But since I have always gotten up in the middle of the night to pee, it's not that big of a deal for me.

So lately I've been wearing my diapers to bed regularly. Although my night diapers are not motivated by this issue, I have to say how pleasant it is to just wet my diaper and not have to get up. And yes I do get a better night's sleep (I'm now at the point where most of the time I don't completely wake when I wet).

I choose to wear diapers to bed, or in other situations where a restroom may not be readily available, as a more natural and enjoyable alternative to medication for the treatment of my of BPH (enlarged prostrate) symptoms. What do you choose?
    I don't have an enlarged prostate, but I still wear diapers to bed, more for pleasure and comfort. Occasionally I'll wet in my sleep. I have a certain amount of urge incontinence so that may be why.

Is there anything that can be done for your prostate? It doesn't sound comfortable.

I myself have BPH, and even with BPH drugs, I still have to wear diapers 24/7.
    Of course, I also have a neurogenic bladder related to my having Cerebral Palsy.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBike1 View Post

I don't have any medical reason to wear diapers overnight, unless you count difficulty getting back to sleep after a run across a cold floor and a bright light several times a night. So yeah, I get much better sleep when diapered, for exactly the same reason as you.

And I'm drinking an extra glass of milk right now just before bed, to make sure I don't wake in the morning to a dry diaper

Although I would still keep up with the medications, I would say that diapers are a definite convenience as well as being just-in-case protection.

I have been wetting the bed almost every night for the past four months. . .my prostate was one of the first things they checked, but besides feeling "boggy" the first time, it is normal. . .so they have me taking the just before bed dose of an OAB drug which seems to be helping. (Had my first few dry nights the past couple of weeks.)

Anyway, I am definitely grateful to be wearing diapers at night, not just because I was a DL to begin with, but because waking up to a soaked bed that first week was absolutely horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAaron View Post
    Anyway, I am definitely grateful to be wearing diapers at night, not just because I was a DL to begin with, but because waking up to a soaked bed that first week was absolutely horrendous.
    I don't understand why a DL would let it go a whole week before thinking to diaper up for bed?? If I wasn't already wearing to bed every night, I'm certain my ass would be padded after the very next night after the first accident.

I do not usually wet in my sleep. However, I have urge incontinence. And when I wake up needing to urinate, I usually begin to wet myself before I can get to the bathroom. So why bother trying to get up. I just wear a diaper and use it as needed whenever I need to urinate during the night.

I find much the same as many of you. I just wet my diaper and then able to get back to sleep a lot faster than having to get up and then try and get back to sleep. That assumes that I did wake up when I needed to pee. After that trip to the bathroom you are pretty awake by then.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    And I'm drinking an extra glass of milk right now just before bed, to make sure I don't wake in the morning to a dry diaper
    FAIL. First morning I've woke up dry in weeks. Apparently my body's playing Camel today...

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I don't have an enlarged prostate, but I still wear diapers to bed, more for pleasure and comfort. Occasionally I'll wet in my sleep. I have a certain amount of urge incontinence so that may be why.

Is there anything that can be done for your prostate? It doesn't sound comfortable.
    I was offered medication but declined since it's not that big of a deal yet and I'd rather not deal with any side effects. Sometimes it's uncomfortable to pass urine since the enlarged prostrate presses against the urethra. I think this is interfering with my bed wetting training since the small discomfort makes me very physically aware of peeing. But like you, I'll get there one day!