Autism and the AB inside us

Status
Not open for further replies.

babylea

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Firstly i do not wish to offend anyone with this post.. Please take it as interest and nothing more.

OK, i may be going out on a limb here, but would like to hear from others pertaining to this..

i have just been reading older posts, and it occurs to me that a lot of AB's are somewhere on the autism scale.. Now don;t gt me wrong, i know some of you are also not on the scale, im not *never been tested.. however

when i was a kid, i had a lot of issues, that honestly could be associated with autism, I used to repeatedly bang my head on the wall, I am highly intelligent, i get fixated on something and nothing else. in all honesty i probably am autistic, but it has never been tested..

how many of you are in the same boat, did you do stuff as a child that could be constrewed as autistic.? this is just a simple question. it was just something that popped into my head..

One moire thing, i found this
http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism-quiz.htm
its not be all and end all, but it give you an idea, I scored 23 which puts me within the autism spectrum.. Give it a go.. if you wish..

Cheers
BabyLea

I wonder sometimes if my autism has something to do with my AB/DL side. I have liked diapers since my teenage years, and I guess my immature side has something to do with it.

aaronbabywolf said:
I wonder sometimes if my autism has something to do with my AB/DL side. I have liked diapers since my teenage years, and I guess my immature side has something to do with it.

I am wondering if autism is a leading factor in the AB life.. maybe someone could prove me wrong, by sitting the test, and not falling wihtin the spectrum.. PS.. this applies to AB's not DL's lol

Hope this doesn't offend anyone but descriptions of autism always seen kind of vague. It is currently classified as part of ASD, autism spectrum disorder. As a spectrum it has quite a range regarding the severity of symptoms, primarily dealing with the ability to interact socially. On one end of the scale is what I would call acute autism, where a person is unable to become reasonably self supporting due to an inability to socialize properly. On the other end is what I would call normal, where a person has some degree of social awkwardness, or some mildly neurotic behavior patterns, but functions effectively in society. The range is so broad it seems that people who are not on that scale are the exceptions.

Hi drifter,
Yes there are two variations on the scale, it is the second variation i am interested, is the ab side of us part of being autistic.

People have tried for years to find out what causes us to be AB's and have come up with many deciding factors, however is their actually one more common denominator, are we all autistic, if so then that would go a long way to finding out why we are the way we are.. i may of course be completely off course here.

cheers
BabyLea

We've had this discussion several times in recent months. ADISC members are a self-selecting group, therefore you cannot assume that people posting on ADISC are representative of the "average" AB/DL. It may well simply be that ABs on the autistic spectrum are more likely to seek to interact with other ABs, because they have fewer inhibitions, while neurotypicals are more closeted. Speaking for myself, I'm fairly sure that I have a mild case of Asperger Syndrome, but I don't think it had any impact on the development of my AB/DL predilection.

Well I took the quiz and got 18 Autism possible. But I have to say being in AB mode does help calm me down.

I am not tested with autism! I have ADHD and autism does run through my family a little! I sometimes think I might have autism because first like I said runs through my family and also I have a hard time socializing! One I get comfortable around someone and get to know them I do t stop talking! But sometimes I have nothing to say at all at all!!!!!!!!!! There are a few more things but IDK if I'm a little autistic or not but I always wonder myself!

I myself do have Autism plus Cerebral Palsy.
I got diagnosed late in life with respect to my mild autism.
I have always been very socially immature as an adult.
Yes!
Lately, there has been a few conversation threads related to Adult Baby Behavior and Autism.
I do not see much of a link/correlation with this.

It's calming the stimulus from nice soft fluffy items, diapers, pacifiers. It all helps with over stimulation. (Aspergers)

I suspect the wearing diapers and forms of regression can compliment some of the things which are symptomatic with being on the Autistic scale. I hesitate to speak to Autism because I'm not, but as a teacher assistant assigned to special education, I worked with a number of children who were.

I was more Borderline Personality as a child and teenager and Infantalism may have played into that as well.

I'm officially an Aspie (Asperger Syndrome) which is a high form of autism, I suspect this is some kind of related to my attraction to diapers somehow but since I was also a bedwetter till I turned 15, there is probably also a link in that direction.

I tryed some on-line very short test which puts myself into that club. My ex - shrink - says the same.

But... I dont't give a shit about. Still I'm myself, being "signed" as Asperger or AB or DL doesn't for me nothing.

Whats's really curious - I'm more into DL, but my obsesion with pacis hasn't any end.

I'm more interested in the amount of the AB/DL population that has ADD/ADHD, I personally have ADHD, other than that and my OCD I am mostly normal. :D

I also have ADHD. People with adhd have great imaginations. I remember a lot of imaginable things from my childhood and barley my infancy! Yes I remember that far back. I remember situations that happened around me! Though I'm more of a DL but I'm getting into AB more and I think it's getting bigger than my DL side! I also want to be AB because that's what I like! Because that's what I like!!!!!!!!!!

I was diagnosed with Aspergers at age 28. I don't know if it has any relation, although people on the spectrum tend to seek out things and rituals that help them feel safe. It's logical that diapers could be one of them.

NovaDL said:
I was diagnosed with Aspergers at age 28. I don't know if it has any relation, although people on the spectrum tend to seek out things and rituals that help them feel safe. It's logical that diapers could be one of them.

An interesting point.

I am an also an Aspie, and I think perhaps it may have some correlation to my interest in being a Little and DL. Still trying to sort it out, though.

I was diagnosed in 6th grade and it has seemed like lot of AB/DLs have it but I have seen somewhere that only 5% of AB/DLs have autism. As a toddler I liked my diapers and I remember I liked how they felt and when I peed in them and even my parents knew I liked my diapers as a baby and they couldn't get me potty trained. It was until I saw what a baby looked like and saw that only babies wore them so I had quit wearing them. I don't know if it was a sensory thing I did with diapers and then I gave them up just like that. Then I didn't want to wear them and had no interest in wearing them until I was nine. I remember I was real obsessed with diapers by 6th grade. I also had desires to be a baby again but I only wanted the diapers and I have always been younger than my age on the inside.

Okay, lemme just tell you what my plans are, as I'm sure everyone wants me to shut my mouth about the fact that I think there's a link between what is considered fetishy behavior, in general, and ASD.

I wanna move out, then get myself tested before getting back into school, so they'll at least know which disability they're accommodating, the CP, or the ASD. Maybe with the ASD acknowledged, I can finish a degree.

It it maybe easier to see if any of my kids are spectrumtacular, then get tested, because the number of psychologists able to diagnose adults with ASD, which only happens because people around you didn't catch it in childhood, not because you suddenly acquired Autiness as an adult, is very low. Not to mention, the process takes days of pricey testing, and I don't have an extra $4000 or so lying around. This is why intelligent, thoughtful, self diagnosis happens at all.

Rather my kids are spectrumites or not, I'm planning to be a Positive Discipline and Attatchment Parent, so that my kids will know they really can talk to me about anything. If my kids turn out Auties, I'll be on the lookout for ABDL, just because I'm familiar with it, but also other fetishes too, just because being unable to fake Neurotypicality can lead you in search of, "a new deal," so to speak.

I think what happened in my childhood is, people around me knew I was palsied, and just attributed, "odd," things about me to it, even when it didn't fit CP. Another reason I don't think anyone knew about my spectrumtacular status, is that I was bounced around from parent figure to parent figure so much as a kid, that I never stayed with one long enough for them to, "weed out the weirdness."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back