Ski Season Open... Diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomviper000

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have thought before it might be fun to ski in diapers and when I was skiing yesterday, I thought the same thing particularly when I had to go while going up the lift. It also seems like it might get uncomfortable and the tapes are bound to pop off with the movements you're making and if you take a spill.
Has anybody tried skiing in diapers? Did you have issues with the tapes popping off or the diaper tearing? Any diapers that you found work better than others; plastic, cloth-backed, cloth? Thanks.

I've done it a couple times.
It's a bit of a rush and definitely convenient because pulling off all those layers of clothing to pee is a drag. I'm not that energetic of a skier so I didn't have any problems with chafing or tapes popping but I could imagine it.
Worst risk is that skiing is a high impact sport with many injuries. It would be less than fun to be undressed by ski patrol for your diaper to be seen by medical staff in the event of a serious injury.

cm90210 said:
It would be less than fun to be undressed by ski patrol for your diaper to be seen by medical staff in the event of a serious injury.

I'd bet there are a fair share of skiiers that wear diapers just to extend their time on the slopes. Some of those gals that can't go more than 60 minutes between pee-breaks either spend half of their time looking for a lodge (and all that undressing/dressing) or pad up. So I bet this is one of those places you see them used a lot more for their utility. (among the other classics like astronauts, scuba divers)

I'd go with a pullup like a northshore supreme for something like this, because as has been discussed, all that physical movement is going to be really hard on the diaper shell and the tapes. Clothlike with pullup is probably the best option for skiiing.

Use a very generous amount of talc on the hips when you pad up. Pull on your diaper and then pull aside the top edge and just dump it in ;)

I suffer from OAB (Dry). Last skiing season it impacted severely on my family's enjoyment having to find a loo every other ski run - the cold plays havoc with my OAB. This Christmas we are skiing again. I'm planning on wearing on the slopes. I hope this will make the trip more relaxed for everyone.

MWHE

mwhe1968 said:
I suffer from OAB (Dry). Last skiing season it impacted severely on my family's enjoyment having to find a loo every other ski run - the cold plays havoc with my OAB. This Christmas we are skiing again. I'm planning on wearing on the slopes. I hope this will make the trip more relaxed for everyone.

MWHE

Hope it works well for you MWHE. Let us know what you find works or doesn't.

Thanks. Will do. I'm planning wearing a Tena Ultima, towling overpant (to catch any unfortunate leaks) plus a pair of PUL pants and my trusty onesie. I will also have a booster for the first half of the morning (and afternoon). I reckon with the boosters I should get away with two diapers a day. Fortunately I don't wear old school tight ski pants so am confident all should remain discrete! I had a 'dress rehearsal' last weekend when I took my youngest to a dualathalon. All worked well and I got to see him taking part without rushing off to search for a loo every 30 - 45 minutes.

MWHE

Last edited:
yeah I don't think anyone's going to notice any but the most outrageous diaper bulge in a snowsuit.

tomviper000 said:
I have thought before it might be fun to ski in diapers and when I was skiing yesterday, I thought the same thing particularly when I had to go while going up the lift. It also seems like it might get uncomfortable and the tapes are bound to pop off with the movements you're making and if you take a spill.
Has anybody tried skiing in diapers? Did you have issues with the tapes popping off or the diaper tearing? Any diapers that you found work better than others; plastic, cloth-backed, cloth? Thanks.

Skiing in diaper is very useful thing. Big help in a case of need. Toilets on ski slops are always overcrowded and cold.Without diapers, until you remove all layers... sometimes is too late. It happened to me once. After that always ski in diapers. Used them maybe in 25 % of occasions (mainly wet) Tried different diapers. If you are fast paced skier then I can recommend my favorite Attends Active slip 10 ( plastic backed, cloth sides like on Tena flex). Tena flex Maxi is also good For slower paced skier definitely Attends Regular 10( plastic backed classic shape diaper) or Tena Ultima ( cloth like) . For possible tapes pop-of ( with good ones rarely happens) some selo tape can be helpfull. It is also very useful if for diaper fixation you wear on diapers some stretch running leggings. For addition safety you can wear some rubber pants ( for cloth like diapers ). Apply lot`s of talk powder. Stay hydrated. Drink water every half hour (avoid liquids with sugar).Carry 2-3 reserve diapers and wipes in you back pack.

as an avid snowboarder I hit the slopes quite a bit, and always always wear my diapers.

I've been skiing the past few weekends diapered. I was padded at Breckenridge yesterday!

I've been snowboarding out in the western U.S. for the last 15 years. I am always diapered on the slopes and usually take a backpack with a change. Word from the wise...in my experience snowboarding (not sure about skiiing) can tear up your diaper. I've had a couple of blowouts, tears and broken tapes from snowboarding so it might be a good idea to strengthen that tape and wear a compression pant. If you feel things getting pretty loose down there, that's because they probably are. Funny thing is altitude dehydrates you so my diaper is not always completely soaked.

I always ski diapered. The padding is good and the protection is helpful as I don't always make it to the toilet in time. If I am padded, I don't have to worry about wetting; I just enjoy the skiing. I will get a couple of long ski vacations this winter and I plan to pad up every day.

Going to Snowbird this year, and considered wearing. But they have enough restrooms, and I don't want to worry about disposal and stuff. Plus I snowboard, and we fall a lot more. More likely to come off.

cm90210 said:
I've done it a couple times.
It's a bit of a rush and definitely convenient because pulling off all those layers of clothing to pee is a drag. I'm not that energetic of a skier so I didn't have any problems with chafing or tapes popping but I could imagine it.
Worst risk is that skiing is a high impact sport with many injuries. It would be less than fun to be undressed by ski patrol for your diaper to be seen by medical staff in the event of a serious injury.

Belive me when I say that if they're a professional medical team they shouldn't bat an eye if they see you wearing a diaper, and if the off chance that they're so juvenile that they do you can just lodge a complaint, where they'll get reprimanded and or fired. I've seen several new doctors over the years and never once were they phased when I told them I needed them.

Tldr you should be fine unless you wear like a ridiculously over-the-top ab diaper.

wearforsafety said:
Skiing in diaper is very useful thing. Big help in a case of need. Toilets on ski slops are always overcrowded and cold.Without diapers, until you remove all layers... sometimes is too late. It happened to me once. After that always ski in diapers. Used them maybe in 25 % of occasions (mainly wet) Tried different diapers. If you are fast paced skier then I can recommend my favorite Attends Active slip 10 ( plastic backed, cloth sides like on Tena flex). Tena flex Maxi is also good For slower paced skier definitely Attends Regular 10( plastic backed classic shape diaper) or Tena Ultima ( cloth like) . For possible tapes pop-of ( with good ones rarely happens) some selo tape can be helpfull. It is also very useful if for diaper fixation you wear on diapers some stretch running leggings. For addition safety you can wear some rubber pants ( for cloth like diapers ). Apply lot`s of talk powder. Stay hydrated. Drink water every half hour (avoid liquids with sugar).Carry 2-3 reserve diapers and wipes in you back pack.

Considering a related thread, have you spotted any used diapers in the bins at the restrooms at the lodge or on the slopes?

I wore a Tena Maxi when I went skiing a few years back at Mission Ridge and it worked great. No tape poppage and I got lots of runs in!

You could always enforce the tapes with Ducktape tape th diaper all the way around once there will be no chance of popped tapes :)

i hate toilets on the slopes so always ski with a diaper on. never had a rip or tear. Usually wear bike pants over my diaper to reduce movement and sag.

Never a problem in the bathrooms at the ski slopes--everybody is always noisy with their ski boots on and they are always carrying their ski bag with them with all their stuff in them anyway. And comparing the time it takes, I can pull my ski pants down and change my diaper in the same amount of time it takes a guy without diapers to undo his ski pants and use the bathroom.

I've been skiing for years with a diaper on. In addition to to obvious benefits, they are a great insulator as well. I don't ever recall any issues with the diaper tearing or anything either. I've been to several areas in Wsahington State, mostly Mission Ridge because it's close. Also have skied Whistler several times over the years, always diapered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back