Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ski Season Open... Diapers?

Default Ski Season Open... Diapers?

I have thought before it might be fun to ski in diapers and when I was skiing yesterday, I thought the same thing particularly when I had to go while going up the lift. It also seems like it might get uncomfortable and the tapes are bound to pop off with the movements you're making and if you take a spill.
    Has anybody tried skiing in diapers? Did you have issues with the tapes popping off or the diaper tearing? Any diapers that you found work better than others; plastic, cloth-backed, cloth? Thanks.

I've done it a couple times.
    It's a bit of a rush and definitely convenient because pulling off all those layers of clothing to pee is a drag. I'm not that energetic of a skier so I didn't have any problems with chafing or tapes popping but I could imagine it.
    Worst risk is that skiing is a high impact sport with many injuries. It would be less than fun to be undressed by ski patrol for your diaper to be seen by medical staff in the event of a serious injury.

Quote Originally Posted by cm90210 View Post
    It would be less than fun to be undressed by ski patrol for your diaper to be seen by medical staff in the event of a serious injury.
    I'd bet there are a fair share of skiiers that wear diapers just to extend their time on the slopes. Some of those gals that can't go more than 60 minutes between pee-breaks either spend half of their time looking for a lodge (and all that undressing/dressing) or pad up. So I bet this is one of those places you see them used a lot more for their utility. (among the other classics like astronauts, scuba divers)

I'd go with a pullup like a northshore supreme for something like this, because as has been discussed, all that physical movement is going to be really hard on the diaper shell and the tapes. Clothlike with pullup is probably the best option for skiiing.

Use a very generous amount of talc on the hips when you pad up. Pull on your diaper and then pull aside the top edge and just dump it in

I suffer from OAB (Dry). Last skiing season it impacted severely on my family's enjoyment having to find a loo every other ski run - the cold plays havoc with my OAB. This Christmas we are skiing again. I'm planning on wearing on the slopes. I hope this will make the trip more relaxed for everyone.

MWHE

Quote Originally Posted by mwhe1968 View Post
    I suffer from OAB (Dry). Last skiing season it impacted severely on my family's enjoyment having to find a loo every other ski run - the cold plays havoc with my OAB. This Christmas we are skiing again. I'm planning on wearing on the slopes. I hope this will make the trip more relaxed for everyone.

MWHE
    Hope it works well for you MWHE. Let us know what you find works or doesn't.

Thanks. Will do. I'm planning wearing a Tena Ultima, towling overpant (to catch any unfortunate leaks) plus a pair of PUL pants and my trusty onesie. I will also have a booster for the first half of the morning (and afternoon). I reckon with the boosters I should get away with two diapers a day. Fortunately I don't wear old school tight ski pants so am confident all should remain discrete! I had a 'dress rehearsal' last weekend when I took my youngest to a dualathalon. All worked well and I got to see him taking part without rushing off to search for a loo every 30 - 45 minutes.

MWHE
    Last edited by T3ddy; 06-Dec-2015 at 16:51. Reason: Typo

yeah I don't think anyone's going to notice any but the most outrageous diaper bulge in a snowsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by tomviper000 View Post
    I have thought before it might be fun to ski in diapers and when I was skiing yesterday, I thought the same thing particularly when I had to go while going up the lift. It also seems like it might get uncomfortable and the tapes are bound to pop off with the movements you're making and if you take a spill.
    Has anybody tried skiing in diapers? Did you have issues with the tapes popping off or the diaper tearing? Any diapers that you found work better than others; plastic, cloth-backed, cloth? Thanks.
    Skiing in diaper is very useful thing. Big help in a case of need. Toilets on ski slops are always overcrowded and cold.Without diapers, until you remove all layers... sometimes is too late. It happened to me once. After that always ski in diapers. Used them maybe in 25 % of occasions (mainly wet) Tried different diapers. If you are fast paced skier then I can recommend my favorite Attends Active slip 10 ( plastic backed, cloth sides like on Tena flex). Tena flex Maxi is also good For slower paced skier definitely Attends Regular 10( plastic backed classic shape diaper) or Tena Ultima ( cloth like) . For possible tapes pop-of ( with good ones rarely happens) some selo tape can be helpfull. It is also very useful if for diaper fixation you wear on diapers some stretch running leggings. For addition safety you can wear some rubber pants ( for cloth like diapers ). Apply lot`s of talk powder. Stay hydrated. Drink water every half hour (avoid liquids with sugar).Carry 2-3 reserve diapers and wipes in you back pack.

as an avid snowboarder I hit the slopes quite a bit, and always always wear my diapers.

I've been skiing the past few weekends diapered. I was padded at Breckenridge yesterday!