• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Greetings From Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortsub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I recently joined, as I am a 50 year old man who has been battling with incontinence my entire life due to a neurogenic bladder.

My life has been spent trying to stay dry. I have just started to accept and surrender to a diaper and I can not say that it is easy.

Aside from diaper issues, I am interested in education, philosophy, and the human condition.

I hope to find advice and support here.

well wishes to us all and thanks for the opportunity to share,

pete

Welcome shortsub (Pete)! We're glad you're here. There are many others here dealing with IC such as yourself. We all support each other's conditions whether it's for fun or for situations such as IC. Since you say you like education, are you by chance a teacher?

Hi, Shortsub! Education and philosophy are two of my favorite things! I have a degree in philosophy :)

shortsub said:
I recently joined, as I am a 50 year old man who has been battling with incontinence my entire life due to a neurogenic bladder.

My life has been spent trying to stay dry. I have just started to accept and surrender to a diaper and I can not say that it is easy.

Aside from diaper issues, I am interested in education, philosophy, and the human condition.

I hope to find advice and support here.

well wishes to us all and thanks for the opportunity to share,

pete

Good Evening!

Welcome!
I myself am in Salem, NH, and I have Autism and Cerebral Palsy.
Not that far from you.
Yes.
I am in diapers 24/7.

Woody
A. K. A. "caitianx"

Thanks for your kindness

zipperless said:
Welcome shortsub (Pete)! We're glad you're here. There are many others here dealing with IC such as yourself. We all support each other's conditions whether it's for fun or for situations such as IC. Since you say you like education, are you by chance a teacher?

I am a teacher of high school and college mathematics.
One may not realize the number of school teachers with troubled bladders. Especially teachers of lower grades, as they often put off going to the bathroom to maintain classroom discipline. Many end up with distended bladders..

Thanks again for your kind hello.

- - - Updated - - -

SuperiorPenguin said:
Hi, Shortsub! Education and philosophy are two of my favorite things! I have a degree in philosophy :)

Thanks for reaching out!
I have advanced degrees in Mathematics, but have to say... that I took many ... many philosophy courses on my way to my Bachelor Degree.
Once again, hello and thanks, fellow thinker!

- - - Updated - - -

caitianx said:
Good Evening!

Welcome!
I myself am in Salem, NH, and I have Autism and Cerebral Palsy.
Not that far from you.
Yes.
I am in diapers 24/7.

Woody
A. K. A. "caitianx"

Hello Neighbor!

30 years ago, I used to travel to Salem NH nearly every week for work.
Thank you so much for taking the time to welcome me to the group. I sincerely appreciate your kindness.

pete

shortsub said:
Thanks for reaching out!
I have advanced degrees in Mathematics, but have to say... that I took many ... many philosophy courses on my way to my Bachelor Degree.

I've always had a love hate relationship with math. I am pretty decent at it, but always disliked it. My main degree ( I have two) is in Cyber Security which required a fair bit of math.

shortsub said:
One may not realize the number of school teachers with troubled bladders. Especially teachers of lower grades, as they often put off going to the bathroom to maintain classroom discipline. Many end up with distended bladders..

Thanks again for your kind hello.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for reaching out!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Neighbor!

30 years ago, I used to travel to Salem NH nearly every week for work.
Thank you so much for taking the time to welcome me to the group. I sincerely appreciate your kindness.

pete

Good Evening,

Did you teach at Salem High School?

That is where I graduated back in 1976.

I myself only graduated from Wentworth Institute with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics Engineering Technology in 1985.

Greetings Shortsub! I'm on the North Shore myself. I've been nighttime incontinent for the better part of my whole life, diapered every night for the last 10 years and probably for the rest of my life (which I'm OK with, wife is totally supportive). Great people and information here.

Hi Pete, hellos from southern Mass :)

caitianx said:
Good Evening,

Did you teach at Salem High School?

That is where I graduated back in 1976.

I myself only graduated from Wentworth Institute with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics Engineering Technology in 1985.

No kidding caitianx? Wentworth Institute in Boston? If so I graduated from there in 2013 :)

lilkayden said:
Hi Pete, hellos from southern Mass :)

No kidding caitianx? Wentworth Institute in Boston? If so I graduated from there in 2013 :)

No Kidding!

I am a Wentworth Institute Graduate.
So is my younger non-disabled brother.
Also, our late Father is a Wentworth Institute graduate, Class of 1957.
Hmm?
Is Professor Fred Driscoll still there?
I figure that he should be retired by now.
The Professors I had were:
Fred Driscoll
Robert Coughlin
Donald Soorian
Richard Bean

I still remember my time there very fondly.

caitianx said:
No Kidding!

I am a Wentworth Institute Graduate.
So is my younger non-disabled brother.
Also, our late Father is a Wentworth Institute graduate, Class of 1957.
Hmm?
Is Professor Fred Driscoll still there?
I figure that he should be retired by now.
The Professors I had were:
Fred Driscoll
Robert Coughlin
Donald Soorian
Richard Bean

I still remember my time there very fondly.

I graduated with a BS in computer networking. Fred Driscoll, I think I've seen his name before, but I've never had him. Looks like he's still teaching based on the faculty directory.
Robert Coughlin
Donald Soorian
Richard Bean
The other 3 looks to have retired.

Good to see another one from Mass. Welcome to the forums.

shortsub said:

pete

Jeez, I didn't know that about the distended bladder issue. I wonder if that's prevalent in the restaurant industry where cooks and food preparers can't just take a break and hit the head whenever they want. Lucky that there's such a wide selection of diapers these days and as the baby-boomer generation gets older, I'll bet the selections will be even greater.

Anyway, welcome to the site, Pete. I'm sure you'll find it a valuable resource. I'm in north central Mass and, feeling like I was *the only one*, was relieved to discover this web site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back