• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

New here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dchotard

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello all! I'm new here, but not new to being a DL.
I'm a teacher and a church organist, but also a semi-professional photographer.
I love to travel, and have been to 24 countries (with a goal of hitting all 7 continents - only Africa and Antarctica to go!).

My favorite diapers are the Unique Wellness Superio and Tena Stretch Ultra.
Here looking for new ideas, tips, advice, stories, etc, - I guess just like most people here.
Happy Thanksgiving!

dchotard said:
I love to travel, and have been to 24 countries (with a goal of hitting all 7 continents - only Africa and Antarctica to go!).

Here looking for new ideas, tips, advice, stories, etc, - I guess just like most people here.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Your an organist?!?! That is so cool!

SuperiorPenguin said:
Your an organist?!?! That is so cool!
Yes, I am a pianist who, as a recent high-school graduate, had to step into the organist role when our organist moved away. What started out as a fill-in, turned into a permanent job, and I've been doing it for twenty-something years now. Had some lessons, but mostly self-taught. I'm pretty good now, and play three masses (Catholic) every weekend, funerals, and 20-30 weddings a year.
The pipe organ is a magnificent instrument!!

dchotard said:
Yes, I am a pianist who, as a recent high-school graduate, had to step into the organist role when our organist moved away. What started out as a fill-in, turned into a permanent job, and I've been doing it for twenty-something years now. Had some lessons, but mostly self-taught. I'm pretty good now, and play three masses (Catholic) every weekend, funerals, and 20-30 weddings a year.
The pipe organ is a magnificent instrument!!

You've earned my respect! Take some skill to play the organ! My cousin is a Organist at a Catholic church. I've played piano for ever. Always loved the organ!

Thank you! It does take skill, and can be pretty difficult on some pieces, but it's a lot of fun!

dchotard said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello and welcome to the site. Good introduction, by the way. I too am a church music director, that being Methodist. I'm a graduate of Westminster Choir College, Princeton. I was a performing organ major with a minor in voice and conducting. As soon as keyboards were available at reasonable prices, I got into those. My newest instrument is a Korg Triton, though I'd like to upgrade to a Kronos. My 88 keyboard at home is an old Korg T-1, and it has a good quality piano sound. I have a couple of Kurzweil modules as well which provide adequate piano, but I'd love to buy a Yamaha CLP 585. Maybe some day.

So what's your favorite music to play. I'm semi retired now, working as a part time director and organist, but I used to specialize in Bach, though I love to play Franck. On piano, I'm spending most of my time learning the Chopin Nocturnes, at least some of them.

Wow - I'm nowhere near an organ major (I'm a History Major) - but a piece that I would LOVE to be able to play (and can only play some parts of it right now) is Vidor's Toccata! I just love it. I just don't have the time to devote to it that it needs.

Vidor's Toccata - one of my favorite non-Bach organ works - I love that piece.

I got to the point where I could make a somewhat decent attempt at Bach's Toccata in D minor (as long as no one listening had heard it before! LOL)

BabyDenise said:
Vidor's Toccata - one of my favorite non-Bach organ works - I love that piece.

I got to the point where I could make a somewhat decent attempt at Bach's Toccata in D minor (as long as no one listening had heard it before! LOL)

Yes, that's another cool piece that I can play parts of, but not the entire thing!

I LOVE pipe organs! Don't play, just listen. Google the Shanklin theatre organ in Ayer, Mass. Now THAT'S a pipe organ!

Welcome! Have you ever been to Costa Rica or Peru? I've been to both on mIssion's trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back