Alternative to wearing Adult Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokogirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi! I was just wondering if there were an alternative to wearing an adult diaper. You know something that will hold, same feeling etc. Thanks for your advice

Actually, what works very well would be a toddler-sized prefold as an insert for regular underwear. The diaper twill weave is not only soft, it also breaths. It not only serves as a standoff between the legs, which gives pressure and tactile feedback, but also helps wick some of the moisture and condensation from the skin.

Adiba said:
Hi! I was just wondering if there were an alternative to wearing an adult diaper. You know something that will hold, same feeling etc. Thanks for your advice

stained furniture ;)

and no, I don't advise that! :)

Without knowing anything about what you're trying to accomplish, I'll just say that I have a supply of pads and pull-ups on hand at all times so I can have that security but without the bulk. I'm fortunate enough to work from home these days, so I get to wear all day, which is wonderful. But in my last job I had to work in an office, where wearing and wetting a full-on diaper just wouldn't be cool. That's when I started buying Depend Real Fits and things like the Seni Man Fit (which is absolutely the best guard on the market). I wanted to feel just a little naughty, but without the bulk.

-RMS

Adiba said:
Hi! I was just wondering if there were an alternative to wearing an adult diaper. You know something that will hold, same feeling etc.

Honeywell6180 said:
Actually, what works very well would be a toddler-sized prefold as an insert for regular underwear.

The great thing about baby cloth diapers, especially the non-fitted types like prefolds and flats, is that they can easily be excused as cleaning supplies if discovered by somebody who doesn't know of your affinity for diapers. And besides being great as boosters--or even just as padding in underwear--a couple of cloth baby diapers are easily diaper-pinned together to create effective makeshifts. It probably goes without saying that wetting a prefold or other cloth diaper without a waterproof cover is a recipe for "disaster". (Although some of us like "disaster", so...)

Continuing with this train of thought: Green Mountain Diapers makes some of the largest "toddler" prefolds available anywhere, and in a variety of fabrics.

Cottontail said:
The great thing about baby cloth diapers, especially the non-fitted types like prefolds and flats, is that they can easily be excused as cleaning supplies if discovered by somebody who doesn't know of your affinity for diapers. And besides being great as boosters--or even just as padding in underwear--a couple of cloth baby diapers are easily diaper-pinned together to create effective makeshifts. It probably goes without saying that wetting a prefold or other cloth diaper without a waterproof cover is a recipe for "disaster". (Although some of us like "disaster", so...)

Continuing with this train of thought: Green Mountain Diapers makes some of the largest "toddler" prefolds available anywhere, and in a variety of fabrics.

Green Mountain Diapers is the site I go to for the toddler sized prefolds. I prefer the white, bleached cotton variety. One of those can last me for several hours, until I have to do a swap due to sweat and condensation.

Cottontail said:

Yeah.. I think I'm gonna try it

littlesaurus86 said:
Before I was really able to buy adult diapers, I used to make my own diapers. You can always use a garbage bag or other plastic bag as the outer layer and then find an absorbent layer for the inside, such as a towel or baby sized cloth diapers. To me, it actually felt pretty close to the real thing.
Thanks for the reply. Can you explain a bit more how you used to make them?

- - - Updated - - -

Honeywell6180 said:
Actually, what works very well would be a toddler-sized prefold as an insert for regular underwear. The diaper twill weave is not only soft, it also breaths. It not only serves as a standoff between the legs, which gives pressure and tactile feedback, but also helps wick some of the moisture and condensation from the skin.

Thanks.I like your advice

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. I think I'm gonna try it

littlesaurus86 said:
It's pretty easy...find tall basic kitchen trash bags. All I did was lay the bag flat, not opening it up or anything. Whatever you're using as your absorbent material, cloth diapers, towels would be layered on top of the bag. I usually used a little scotch tape to tape it to the bag making sure it wouldn't move. That's pretty much it. At this point it should really resemble a disposable diaper and you can put it on as such using tape to fasten it together. Now, it won't necessarily be leak proof, especially around the legs, but it'll hold some. It'll crinkle like crazy, too.

I am researching for making good makeshift diapers.Thanks for your advice :)

There are male "drop collectors" that just really small diapers that you insert your Penis into,they will give you some of the feelings of a diaper without one but definitely do not absorb much urine without needing to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back