Not open for further replies.

Sparks

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I'm in the army and I was wondering if anyone else was. If you are or were did you keep plushies on you.

I can't help you. I was in the Army many moons ago and the accommodations have probably changed some.

When I was in the Army, I rarely had a private room and the rooms were on the small side. Hard to hide anything. There were also some surprise inspections. I did see some SMALL items around but no plushies.

I was a thumbsucker (and still am) but stopped while I was in the Army.

BabyDenise said:
I can't help you. I was in the Army many moons ago and the accommodations have probably changed some.

When I was in the Army, I rarely had a private room and the rooms were on the small side. Hard to hide anything. There were also some surprise inspections. I did see some SMALL items around but no plushies.

I was a thumbsucker (and still am) but stopped while I was in the Army.

Thank you both for your service! It takes a lot to do that.

Probably not a good idea to try and have anything you don't want your entire unit to know about. I know, even when I was in housing, between inspections and people just coming over I couldn't hide anything.

tonitrui said:
Plushies in a nonprivate place

Alas, I can't help either, but... plushies in a nonprivate place sounds like a better idea than plushies in your private place (ouch!) :giggles:

I'm in a dorm with a very annoying person. They are easily rated as one of the meanest people I know. I rather not give him ammonium to make fun of me.

I'm gonna have to say keeping plushies around in the army puts a huge HUGE target on you... I would advise against it...

But they help calm me down. If I can't do that does anybody have any suggestions.

The trouble is (at the start anyway), very little is private. You rarely get time to yourself and even then, it's not private.

I really have no good ideas to help. It depends a lot on your specific circumstances - where basic training is, what type of advanced training you will take, your rank, where you will be station, etc. All of these can change how to cope with the situation.

The only idea I can come up with is to get a small plushie, as small as possible that can help you . That way you may be able to keep it hidden better and maybe pass it off as a present from your 'girl friend' or a family member.

This is why I would have a hard time in the military. I think I'd end up biting the bullet and carrying a plush with me. It probably isn't a safe idea though, just because of ridicule. Maybe you can work your way into a K9 team or something, and get a real living fuzzy friend.

I am going to try to do that.

Do you know how hard it is to get into a k9 unit? I just ask because I'm curious.

It is its own MOS

tonitrui said:
It is its own MOS

I know the US millitary will give you whatever job they want you to have. I've heard stories of people who are rather good at cooking and have restaurant experience, yet they get put in with infantry.

You can try and ask for a job/task you'll like, but they can send nearly anywhere, doing anything.

Fire2box said:
I know the US millitary will give you whatever job they want you to have. I've heard stories of people who are rather good at cooking and have restaurant experience, yet they get put in with infantry.

You can try and ask for a job/task you'll like, but they can send nearly anywhere, doing anything.

They let you pick. They still have slots to fill and those slots come with bonuses.

I can't help you if you are looking to join. My suggestion is that you talk to a recruiter. They can administer a practice test. Then take you to take a real one. ASVAB will tell you what you will most likely be good at job wise.

I have no firm knowledge but I suspect that today's Army will allow you to enlist into any field as long as:

1. You qualify for that job
2. That field is not full (after all, who wants an Army of all cooks :) )

BabyDenise said:
I have no firm knowledge but I suspect that today's Army will allow you to enlist into any field as long as:

1. You qualify for that job
2. That field is not full (after all, who wants an Army of all cooks :) )

Yes very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back