Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing diapers, and being "manly".

Default Wearing diapers, and being "manly".

Just kinda curious what some of your thoughts on this are, since I have thought about it quite a bit.

I am a male, and work in a field that is predominantly male. In fact the area of the company I work for is all male. One of the things that I think about is that I on one hand have this job that most would consider to be just for tough manly men, and the other hand love wearing diapers. I feel like I have this internal debate with two sides of myself saying "Just cause you wear diapers doesn't take away the fact that you are manly, it just means you like wearing diapers", and the other side saying "How can you wear diapers, and still think you belong working in the field you do?". I am not saying that females have it easier or anything. I'm just speaking to my thoughts and experiences.

I know that me wearing diapers has no effect on my job performance, or my overall "manliness". It's just one of those stupid things that I sometimes think about.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Of course. I was a chemical engineer for 32 years working at a manufacturing facility managing "manly" chemical operators, technicians, engineers, scientists, construction supervisors as well as construction workers, so yes, I am very familiar with the feeling.

The idea of diapers diminishing one's masculinity comes from the widespread stereotype of people associating them with babies or old/diseased people.

Personally I don't find anything un-manly in wearing adult diapers. Some people actually like, or even have a thing for, the contrast of a manly, tough guy with a puffy crinkly bum! Then if you're talking about ABish/sissy diapers it means you like to bring the contrast to an extreme, but doesn't it take a real tough guy to be a manly man and still wear a cutesy diaper with pride?

I think over masculinity is beyond stupid. I'm a guy. I am 6'0, 185 pounds, I work out enough to keep fit but I know pro athlete. I am not afraid to order some fru fru drink or wear pink or any other thing perceived girly. My rule for life is: "I do as I damn-well please (within the confines of the law.)"

One possible way to look at this is that, in some cases and for some men, wearing diapers or girls clothes or doing similar things in non work time can be a sort of compensation or counterbalance of a job that requires one to act strictly/overly manly during work hours.

I've read in various places that it is not uncommon for people in very powerful or manly professions (like CEOs, high ranked army guys) to be submissive, crossdress, have panties fetishes, or even be the baby in an AB play with their wives in their private life. Not saying that every other CEO is an AB/DL, but certainly a very small percentage (>0) of them are, and perhaps they are so because of, rather than in spite of their powerful manly jobs, because they are seeking a time when they don't need to be all tough and manly and macho. You know, being a tough man 24/7/365 is hard, takes enormous amount of physical and emotional energy, and diapers can be one of the ways to take some time off, de-stress and recharge.

Misatoismywaifu

Work hard Play Hard. All there really is to it. When the Uniform comes off, the Diaper comes on, you are whatever you think you are. Perception is reality

Quote Originally Posted by derepaid View Post
    I feel like I have this internal debate with two sides of myself saying "Just cause you wear diapers doesn't take away the fact that you are manly, it just means you like wearing diapers",

and the other side saying "How can you wear diapers, and still think you belong working in the field you do?".
    Go with the first one because it's true. The second one is nothing but a useless downward spiral that will spread to all other aspects of your life if you let it. Men are wired to have a variety of strong desires, some of which are questionable. Men are also wired to keep the questionable ones hidden most of the time.

IMHO diapers are about as important in the search for the essence of your being as are socks and door knobs. The only difference being that anything you are attracted to can be a distraction in your search.

BabyJayk

I jump out of airplanes and shoot terrorists in the face for a living.
    I don't worry about diapers diminishing my masculinuty. Would things go rough for me if some of my coworkers found out? Maybe maybe not, but I'm still of the opinion that you're as masculine as you say you are and one of the most classically masculine things I can think of is defining yourself and telling everyone else where they can stick their opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJayk View Post
    I jump out of airplanes and shoot terrorists in the face for a living.
    Where can I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJayk View Post
    ...I'm still of the opinion that you're as masculine as you say you are and one of the most classically masculine things I can think of is defining yourself and telling everyone else where they can stick their opinions.
    You said it brother. This is how I live my life.