Status
Not open for further replies.

NappiedTruckDriver

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Nappies r us is releasing space diapers for sale at 3pm uk time delivery Thursday [emoji33]

Well then.... Friday should be something like "to infinity and beyond" :)

About the same price as the Rearz straight up, but Rearz don't do volume discounts.

I find it interesting that Nappies R Us are selling by the case immediately.

Ordered a pack. Looks like £1.80 per nappy if you order by the case, £1.50 if you claim the VAT exemption. Though I'm surprised that they offer than on what they know is a product targeted at the fetish market.

I wonder if this will be the price going forward, or if they're just gouging early adopters?

Akastus said:
Ordered a pack. Looks like £1.80 per nappy if you order by the case, £1.50 if you claim the VAT exemption. Though I'm surprised that they offer than on what they know is a product targeted at the fetish market.

I wonder if this will be the price going forward, or if they're just gouging early adopters?

I spoke with a Strom Holdings representative, and he made it VERY CLEAR to me that ABUniverse is NOT targeting the fetish market. ABUniverse is simply using a unique marketing approach to present their offerings to the public. Their primary market is to the AB/DL community. However, that is starting to change as more people with disabilities start taking advantage of what they have available.

Honeywell6180 said:
I spoke with a Strom Holdings representative, and he made it VERY CLEAR to me that ABUniverse is NOT targeting the fetish market. ABUniverse is simply using a unique marketing approach to present their offerings to the public. Their primary market is to the AB/DL community. However, that is starting to change as more people with disabilities start taking advantage of what they have available.

Sorry, but that does seem a bit disingenuous. ABUs market to date has almost exclusively been ABDL, and they've just released a product that is designed to appeal to ABDLs. How is that not targeting the fetish market? The fact that they're hoping that ICs may buy it as well doesn't change the fact that, at least for now, it's primarily a fetish product. Or do you not classify the ABDL community as a part of the fetish community?

In any case, what I was referring to was the likelihood that HMRC will be more inclined to take a close look at people claiming VAT exemption on what THEY perceive is primarily a fetish product. Tykables don't offer VAT exemption, for example.

Last edited:
Brought 3 packs

Akastus said:
Sorry, but that does seem a bit disingenuous. ABUs market to date has almost exclusively been ABDL, and they've just released a product that is designed to appeal to ABDLs. How is that not targeting the fetish market? The fact that they're hoping that ICs may buy it as well doesn't change the fact that, at least for now, it's primarily a fetish product. Or do you not classify the ABDL community as a part of the fetish community?

In any case, what I was referring to was the likelihood that HMRC will be more inclined to take a close look at people claiming VAT exemption on what THEY perceive is primarily a fetish product. Tykables don't offer VAT exemption, for example.

They may be "fetish", but people are buying them with flexible spending accounts. Why? Because the drug store and "legitimate" online products such as the Wellness "superio" are TRASH. GARBAGE. They sell, because nursing homes are cheap and don't care about the comfort of their patients. And those who buy the junky Depend "pull-ups" are either ignorant, or so broken hearted that they view the purchase of incontinence products the same way a love one feels when they have to buy a casket for a loved one at a funeral home. I'm sorry. I would rather buy the Space diaper, than a widow garment.

Honeywell6180 said:
They may be "fetish", but people are buying them with flexible spending accounts. Why? Because the drug store and "legitimate" online products such as the Wellness "superio" are TRASH. GARBAGE. They sell, because nursing homes are cheap and don't care about the comfort of their patients. And those who buy the junky Depend "pull-ups" are either ignorant, or so broken hearted that they view the purchase of incontinence products the same way a love one feels when they have to buy a casket for a loved one at a funeral home. I'm sorry. I would rather buy the Space diaper, than a widow garment.

Perfectly understandable. The test is going to be how well the plain white version of the Space sells. The problem is that even if it is a superior product, there are still going to people who are extremely uncomfortable buying from a company that is AB-oriented.

Out of interest, how much evidence do you have of ICs purchasing Space? Beyond the stated intentions of people on this board?

Akastus said:
Perfectly understandable. The test is going to be how well the plain white version of the Space sells. The problem is that even if it is a superior product, there are still going to people who are extremely uncomfortable buying from a company that is AB-oriented.

Out of interest, how much evidence do you have of ICs purchasing Space? Beyond the stated intentions of people on this board?

I wonder how well the Tighty Whities are selling? I prefer them over the regular blue Waddler Overnights personally. If nothing else, if my shirt comes untucked, the plain white elastic waistband in back is passable in a brief peek for boxers

bambinod said:
I wonder how well the Tighty Whities are selling? I prefer them over the regular blue Waddler Overnights personally. If nothing else, if my shirt comes untucked, the plain white elastic waistband in back is passable in a brief peek for boxers

I'd be interested to know if sales had increased since they changed the name. I would imagine that many ICs would have been extremely uncomfortable buying a product named SEx.

Akastus said:
I'd be interested to know if sales had increased since they changed the name. I would imagine that many ICs would have been extremely uncomfortable buying a product named SEx.

going to guess the attempt to use such a name to attract a certain niche ended up alienating more in other markets than it helped in the one, and that's why it was changed.

Akastus said:

I'm a DL and would actually prefer a plain white version of the Space diaper. I love being able to see the change in color from white to yellow when I pee. It just doesn't have the same effect for me if the exterior of the diaper is a darker color and looks basically the same wet or dry.

INTrePid said:
I'm a DL and would actually prefer a plain white version of the Space diaper. I love being able to see the change in color from white to yellow when I pee. It just doesn't have the same effect for me if the exterior of the diaper is a darker color and looks basically the same wet or dry.

that IS interesting, here in the USA we don't really have good access to the all-white stock comficare, but we have all these other highly patterend variations... something about that seems backward from the status quo?

I got a package of the Space diapers. They are just like the Rearz Inspire and Spoiled diapers, except for the color. They don't look very pediatric. They look closer to a medical device, except for the art work. Overall, the quality appears to be good, and the tapes hold. I would really like an all-white version, similar to the SDK's. That, I could work with. But for now, the Space product seems like it'll be OK for now.

bambinod said:
that IS interesting, here in the USA we don't really have good access to the all-white stock comficare, but we have all these other highly patterend variations... something about that seems backward from the status quo?

Comficare are discontinued [emoji45] Betterdry replace them and are released mid December

Space Diapers. That tapes are just increadible. I've not found something stickier. They are the new comficare afaik. They certainly should make them in white.

Don't know why any company needs to put AB, or adult baby in there name.... why not just "Adult Diapers"? and have sectiosn for both straight up white and abdl. Bambino does something like this, they have the TotalDry Plus.

Seems like a good way for ABDL companies to make more money since diapers like Space are so good. It couldn't be hard to have to brand names on seperate hosts with the same payment processing system.

email and TM from UPS: package delivering today, yay

more TMs... we've changed the delivery date to Monday. whyyyy?

Called them up to arrange for a depot pickup this evening since the package didn't get into town in time to get on the truck for delivery today. (we're just now getitng a little blizzard so maybe that's why?) Nope, the automated system won't let me pick up earlier than Monday. Operator, Operator, pleae wait...

The rep looked it up. Washington. North Dakota. South Dakota. Nebraska... wait what? Oopsie, not sure why your package is going on a tour of the midwest states but the soonest it'll get here is Monday. Lovely.

Owell, I wasn't in any great hurry, but sad to see that UPS doesn't have its act straight.

I personally do not see ABDL as strictly a fetish. Like me, there is a comfort level to wearing diapers that does not have to entail anything sexual. When I think of fetishes, I think of something that is strictly sexual.

Many ABDL's like myself have an interest in diapers and AB stuff that isn't sexual, and some do have the interest as purely sexual. And of course, there's that middle ground where the interest in and of itself doesn't have to be sexual, but can be a bit of a turn on.

It's one reason why I can be changed without arousal, but at the same time can easily be aroused by being wet...

As for the Space Diapers, looks like its ABU's, of which I got my first pack already.
They are very nice, and I could easily see an IC enjoying these much more than an "off-the-shelf" product that doesn't perform as well.

Agree. Lots of us don't see diapers just as a fetish. Some of us grew wearing diapers either 24/7 or at night time like myself so diapers are more normal in our lives. Ofcourse I was always interested in diapers since I can remember and at the same time I needed (still do) them.
So for me I like to see so many brands now that can offer fun looking diapers instead of just plein ones, so I can decide what to wear depending on my mood just like when I choose what clothes to wear.
Can't wait to try the space diapers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back