Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: UK space diapers at 3pm !

  1. #1

    Default UK space diapers at 3pm !

    Nappies r us is releasing space diapers for sale at 3pm uk time delivery Thursday

  2. #2

    Default

    Well then.... Friday should be something like "to infinity and beyond"

  3. #3

    Default

    About the same price as the Rearz straight up, but Rearz don't do volume discounts.

    I find it interesting that Nappies R Us are selling by the case immediately.

  4. #4

    Default

    Ordered a pack. Looks like 1.80 per nappy if you order by the case, 1.50 if you claim the VAT exemption. Though I'm surprised that they offer than on what they know is a product targeted at the fetish market.

    I wonder if this will be the price going forward, or if they're just gouging early adopters?

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    Ordered a pack. Looks like 1.80 per nappy if you order by the case, 1.50 if you claim the VAT exemption. Though I'm surprised that they offer than on what they know is a product targeted at the fetish market.

    I wonder if this will be the price going forward, or if they're just gouging early adopters?
    I spoke with a Strom Holdings representative, and he made it VERY CLEAR to me that ABUniverse is NOT targeting the fetish market. ABUniverse is simply using a unique marketing approach to present their offerings to the public. Their primary market is to the AB/DL community. However, that is starting to change as more people with disabilities start taking advantage of what they have available.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    I spoke with a Strom Holdings representative, and he made it VERY CLEAR to me that ABUniverse is NOT targeting the fetish market. ABUniverse is simply using a unique marketing approach to present their offerings to the public. Their primary market is to the AB/DL community. However, that is starting to change as more people with disabilities start taking advantage of what they have available.
    Sorry, but that does seem a bit disingenuous. ABUs market to date has almost exclusively been ABDL, and they've just released a product that is designed to appeal to ABDLs. How is that not targeting the fetish market? The fact that they're hoping that ICs may buy it as well doesn't change the fact that, at least for now, it's primarily a fetish product. Or do you not classify the ABDL community as a part of the fetish community?

    In any case, what I was referring to was the likelihood that HMRC will be more inclined to take a close look at people claiming VAT exemption on what THEY perceive is primarily a fetish product. Tykables don't offer VAT exemption, for example.
    Last edited by Akastus; 17-Nov-2015 at 17:52.

  7. #7

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    Sorry, but that does seem a bit disingenuous. ABUs market to date has almost exclusively been ABDL, and they've just released a product that is designed to appeal to ABDLs. How is that not targeting the fetish market? The fact that they're hoping that ICs may buy it as well doesn't change the fact that, at least for now, it's primarily a fetish product. Or do you not classify the ABDL community as a part of the fetish community?

    In any case, what I was referring to was the likelihood that HMRC will be more inclined to take a close look at people claiming VAT exemption on what THEY perceive is primarily a fetish product. Tykables don't offer VAT exemption, for example.
    They may be "fetish", but people are buying them with flexible spending accounts. Why? Because the drug store and "legitimate" online products such as the Wellness "superio" are TRASH. GARBAGE. They sell, because nursing homes are cheap and don't care about the comfort of their patients. And those who buy the junky Depend "pull-ups" are either ignorant, or so broken hearted that they view the purchase of incontinence products the same way a love one feels when they have to buy a casket for a loved one at a funeral home. I'm sorry. I would rather buy the Space diaper, than a widow garment.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    They may be "fetish", but people are buying them with flexible spending accounts. Why? Because the drug store and "legitimate" online products such as the Wellness "superio" are TRASH. GARBAGE. They sell, because nursing homes are cheap and don't care about the comfort of their patients. And those who buy the junky Depend "pull-ups" are either ignorant, or so broken hearted that they view the purchase of incontinence products the same way a love one feels when they have to buy a casket for a loved one at a funeral home. I'm sorry. I would rather buy the Space diaper, than a widow garment.
    Perfectly understandable. The test is going to be how well the plain white version of the Space sells. The problem is that even if it is a superior product, there are still going to people who are extremely uncomfortable buying from a company that is AB-oriented.

    Out of interest, how much evidence do you have of ICs purchasing Space? Beyond the stated intentions of people on this board?

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post
    Perfectly understandable. The test is going to be how well the plain white version of the Space sells. The problem is that even if it is a superior product, there are still going to people who are extremely uncomfortable buying from a company that is AB-oriented.

    Out of interest, how much evidence do you have of ICs purchasing Space? Beyond the stated intentions of people on this board?
    I wonder how well the Tighty Whities are selling? I prefer them over the regular blue Waddler Overnights personally. If nothing else, if my shirt comes untucked, the plain white elastic waistband in back is passable in a brief peek for boxers

Similar Threads

  1. Abuniverse Space Diapers, Now Available!
    By DLMunky in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 10-Dec-2015, 00:52
  2. Little Space
    By perlFerret in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-Jul-2015, 02:06
  3. Little Space
    By lilbabyheather in forum Sissy / Girls
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-Feb-2012, 00:37
  4. Welcome Me Here From Diaper Space
    By gcccode3 in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-Jul-2011, 01:00
  5. is there space for me? =D
    By happybaby in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-Jun-2008, 23:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.