Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Working on a character for DnD

  1. #1

    Default Working on a character for DnD

    I have everything set up for a level 1 bard except attack bonus, skills, and HP, I think. Could someone help me?

    (I have a name, race, class, alignment, and stats.)

  2. #2

    Default

    I don't know that much about D&D anymore, but the version you're playing might be pertinent to answering the question. No rulebooks?

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I don't know that much about D&D anymore, but the version you're playing might be pertinent to answering the question. No rulebooks?
    Ditto.

    On the bright side, your HP should be simple to figure out - take your dX (d6 for a bard?) and roll, and add in any constitution bonus.

    Similarly, gold is easy to figure out, too - it's usually dX * (weighting), and is determined by character class.

    Attack bonus will come as a result of proficiencies, dex/strength bonuses, character race, etc.

    I've not played a bard before, but I *think* they're rather rogue-like in combat. If it's available to you, you'll likely want to take "prolong song" or whatever it's called. *shrug*

    Okay, this "edit" (added the above) is getting too long - the short of it (the original post) is this: like Trevor said, get the rulebook (library, online, etc.) or DMG (Dungeon Master's Guide) or class-specific book. The latter used to be in paperback form and had a leather look to them.

    I know that the AD&D books were full of everything you could possibly want to know, at least with the AD&D2 ruleset. 3 is out now, and I'm sure there are books out - although Gygax is now dead, his legacy will go on.

  4. #4

    Default

    I might be able to help more if I knew which version you were playing on. For example, I have hardly used my 4.0 version (I just don't like some of the changes they made), But I know 3.5 inside and out. Post, and help will come.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Ditto.

    I know that the AD&D books were full of everything you could possibly want to know, at least with the AD&D2 ruleset. 3 is out now, and I'm sure there are books out - although Gygax is now dead, his legacy will go on.
    4th edition is just recently out, which involves some pretty significant changes as I understand it (more like an MMO, but in a good way, according to Wil Wheaton's review). I gave 3rd edition another shot and while it was improved over all the adjustments that had been heaped upon AD&D, it wasn't enough to entice me away from my preferred games. 3.5 changed a bit further, but I didn't invest in that one, so I can only be of direct use for AD&D or 3rd edition.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    4th edition is just recently out, which involves some pretty significant changes as I understand it (more like an MMO, but in a good way, according to Wil Wheaton's review). I gave 3rd edition another shot and while it was improved over all the adjustments that had been heaped upon AD&D, it wasn't enough to entice me away from my preferred games. 3.5 changed a bit further, but I didn't invest in that one, so I can only be of direct use for AD&D or 3rd edition.
    Wow!

    I'm pretty far out of it, then.

    I played PnP with AD&D2 rules, although I owned the "Purple Starter Box" from 1980 or so. I cannot for the life of me remember the campaign name, but it's a "classic."

    The last interaction I had with the ruleset was through Neverwinter Nights (NWN), which used AD&D3 (I think) rules. I played a multi-classed Assassin/Monk/Ranger and rather enjoyed materializing behind things, stabbing them (and usually paralyzing them), and then vanishing again. Heh, heh, heh. I also played Paladins, straight (Epic-skill) Monks, and Rogues (for their "Use Magic" skill). Ah, NWN. Good times. :p

  7. #7

    Default

    I'm using the SRD, if that helps. No docs on character creation.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Wow!

    I'm pretty far out of it, then.

    I played PnP with AD&D2 rules, although I owned the "Purple Starter Box" from 1980 or so. I cannot for the life of me remember the campaign name, but it's a "classic."
    Module B2, The Keep on the Borderlands was the standard issue in the box set for some time, with the blue book. I think they did switch to a B3 adventure later on when attempting to revitalize Basic D&D rules. I've still got the adventure, but not the rulebook.

  9. #9

    Default

    damn, we should get some nerdiness in this bitch called ADISC. but it really depends on the other characters in your party to determine what your skills should be, as for your hp, i think for your first level it's 6 + con modifier and any other modifiers for a bard, and a d6 each level after, as for your attack bonus, it should just be your strength modifier and any buffs for weapon proficiencies.

    btw: do you have your feats chosen?

    edit: if you're using a ranged weapon the BAB would be your dex modifier.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoToad View Post
    btw: do you have your feats chosen?

    edit: if you're using a ranged weapon the BAB would be your dex modifier.
    This reminds me - I know what I was trying to think of earlier, with my "rogue-like" comment:
    • Daggers (and likely nothing heavier than a rapier);
    • Juggling feat - you can use this (IIRC) to deflect small darts/daggers and throw 'em pretty quickly. Like I've said, I never played a barb, but ... meh.
    • Jumping/Tumbling feat - you can dodge things pretty well, from what I recall...

Similar Threads

  1. Favorite Video Game Character
    By Kovy in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 25-Feb-2009, 04:09
  2. Who's Your Anime Avatar Character?
    By Pramrider in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 20-Jul-2008, 12:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.