Not open for further replies.

zackiepooh1992

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I was wondering could i wash them was hand soap and hot water? Then i was gonna let them air dry

Note said:
When in doubt, follow the care instructions on the tag...

Now i feel dumb lol

What I like to do is had wash them when they are new in warm soapy water. When they have been wet, I wash them in the shower with some bar soap. Then occasionally run them through a machine wash with other delicates, set on warm wash, warm rinse. Keeps the odor level from building up. Machines do cut down the durability though.

I usually just machine-wash my pull-on vinyl pants right along with my cloth diapers. When they come out of the wash, I do my best to shake off any residual water droplets and that's it! I guess I'm pretty lazy, but my last pair lasted me almost two years, and hey! My time's worth something.

Cottontail said:
I usually just machine-wash my pull-on vinyl pants right along with my cloth diapers. When they come out of the wash, I do my best to shake off any residual water droplets and that's it! I guess I'm pretty lazy, but my last pair lasted me almost two years, and hey! My time's worth something.

This is the same thing I do. I pull them out of the load before the drier and hang them up.

- - - Updated - - -

Cottontail said:

This is the same thing I do. I pull them out of the load before the drier and hang them up.

I went on line to research your question, but a number of weeks ago. One suggestion I saw from a manufacturer was to do exactly that, hand wash them using liquid hand soap, thoroughly rinse them in warm, not hot water, and hang to dry.

zackiepooh1992 said:
I was wondering could i wash them was hand soap and hot water? Then i was gonna let them air dry

That is what I do to my plastic pants.

dogboy said:
I went on line to research your question, but a number of weeks ago. One suggestion I saw from a manufacturer was to do exactly that, hand wash them using liquid hand soap, thoroughly rinse them in warm, not hot water, and hang to dry.
I like using baby shampoo hand wash towel dry then hang up .
Nothing harsh soap wise then has nice baby sent.

foxkits said:
I like using baby shampoo hand wash towel dry then hang up .
Nothing harsh soap wise then has nice baby sent.

That sounds like a nice idea, especially the scent.

Kenn said:
Thanks, Ringer. Seems like you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Skin oil will stiffen the material and soap will leach out the plasticizers.
Yes that's why I have the 7 mill plastic pants .
Mine lasted 3years taken care of gentle soap is the key.

Mine are 6 mils and are holding up okay (no tears), except that they are stiff and very crinkly.

zackiepooh1992 said:

That's also what I do too unless I have a lot to wash. Then I dump them in the washer and hang up to dry.

I put mine in a separate pail and wash them on delicate cycle in machine when I have about 10 of them. Then I put them in the dryer with 3 towels on low for 15 minutes.

Well after 2 years of hand washing my new PULs in the shower and then hanging to dry I made a mistake of re-packing on a recent business trip and my plastic underpants were a bit damp still. Inside the plastic bag I keep them tpyically they have some mildew now and I am hoping to re-wash in the shower and dry in a slightly warm dryer to see if this takes care of the slight odor. Patience with air-drying is a must!

I wash mine with my regular clothes after using them 3 to 5 times. Then air dry. Plastic pants will deteriorate no matter what you do. I cycle through 2 or 3 at a time until they get so stiff they break or become uncomfortable, usually 5 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back