Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: washing my plastic pants

Default washing my plastic pants

I was wondering could i wash them was hand soap and hot water? Then i was gonna let them air dry

Quote Originally Posted by Note View Post
    When in doubt, follow the care instructions on the tag...
    Now i feel dumb lol

What I like to do is had wash them when they are new in warm soapy water. When they have been wet, I wash them in the shower with some bar soap. Then occasionally run them through a machine wash with other delicates, set on warm wash, warm rinse. Keeps the odor level from building up. Machines do cut down the durability though.

I usually just machine-wash my pull-on vinyl pants right along with my cloth diapers. When they come out of the wash, I do my best to shake off any residual water droplets and that's it! I guess I'm pretty lazy, but my last pair lasted me almost two years, and hey! My time's worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I usually just machine-wash my pull-on vinyl pants right along with my cloth diapers. When they come out of the wash, I do my best to shake off any residual water droplets and that's it! I guess I'm pretty lazy, but my last pair lasted me almost two years, and hey! My time's worth something.
    This is the same thing I do. I pull them out of the load before the drier and hang them up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    This is the same thing I do. I pull them out of the load before the drier and hang them up.

I went on line to research your question, but a number of weeks ago. One suggestion I saw from a manufacturer was to do exactly that, hand wash them using liquid hand soap, thoroughly rinse them in warm, not hot water, and hang to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    I was wondering could i wash them was hand soap and hot water? Then i was gonna let them air dry
    That is what I do to my plastic pants.

I have never washed mine as I have never needed to (there is a small fresh urine odor which I like). I do notice that the vinyl is stiffening due to skin oil absorption. I doubt that washing or any other treatment recovers this lost pliability, true?

I was unhappy with the Baby Pants brand, but have liked and will repurchase http://www.babykins.com/store/adult-...-diaper-cover/.