Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Time With Scented | What to expect?

Default First Time With Scented | What to expect?

I just ordered scented diapers from abuniverse, what should I expect? Do you think it was worth the extra price?

I tried that once. TBH it smelled like a Bounce dryer sheet. I wasn't expecting much, so I wasn't disappointed, but I won't be doing it again.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    I tried that once. TBH it smelled like a Bounce dryer sheet. I wasn't expecting much, so I wasn't disappointed, but I won't be doing it again.
    I've never smelled a dryer sheet. So it will be a surprise to me

I also ordered it once. It was neat, but not something I'll order again, not because I didn't like it. I did like it. It's just not something that I'm really interested in.

If you've got roommates / don't live alone; be careful. It's a pretty strong smell. I kept mine in a bag tied shut, inside of a storage tub, and you could still smell it some.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    I also ordered it once. It was neat, but not something I'll order again, not because I didn't like it. I did like it. It's just not something that I'm really interested in.

If you've got roommates / don't live alone; be careful. It's a pretty strong smell. I kept mine in a bag tied shut, inside of a storage tub, and you could still smell it some.
    I live with my girlfriend who very much dosn't know! You've got me worried now. If it smells like dryer sheets as mentioned, maybe I can put lennons over them on my closet?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorPenguin View Post
    I live with my girlfriend who very much dosn't know! You've got me worried now. If it smells like dryer sheets as mentioned, maybe I can put lennons over them on my closet?!?
    Don't be worried. If you put it in a sealable bag, instead of what I did (trash bag tied shut) it'll be easier to control the smell.

Also, the smell is almost the same as Secret Powder Fresh Scent Deodorant. Had someone tell me that after I had mine. Bought some to try, and agreed that it did smell the same. So, you can play it off as deodorant, or an air freshener (if they can even smell it). I think you'll be able to play off the scent.

When I ordered, it was also from the Old ABU, I don't know what "strength" the scent is on them from the new ABU.

Just have a sealable bag on hand, and maybe a sealable storage tub, and you'll be good. What little scent might be left over, you can play off as something else. If she smells it and asks, "What's that smell", you can say anything really. (Deodorant, dryer sheets, air freshener, etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

You might be able to have something else helping cover the scent. Scented candles, those Scency things, or any of the various air freshener things you can either set around the house or plug into an outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    Also, the smell is almost the same as Secret Powder Fresh Scent Deodorant.
    Since that is the case, simply buy and occasionally use Secret Powder Fresh Scent deodorant.

I remember ordering half a case of SuperDryKids diapers from the old ABU and being able to smell the package on my porch from several feet away. I'll bet the UPS truck smelled great for a few days! Like I said that was the old ABU, I don't know if the new owners do the scent strips differently. The old way they "scented" the diapers was by cutting a slit in the package and sliding in the scented paper strip. Maybe it's done before the pack is sealed now, IDK???

Quote Originally Posted by DLMunky View Post
    I remember ordering half a case of SuperDryKids diapers from the old ABU and being able to smell the package on my porch from several feet away. I'll bet the UPS truck smelled great for a few days! Like I said that was the old ABU, I don't know if the new owners do the scent strips differently. The old way they "scented" the diapers was by cutting a slit in the package and sliding in the scented paper strip. Maybe it's done before the pack is sealed now, IDK???
    Oh geez, that is intense smell. I am sure I will enjoy them though!

Quote Originally Posted by DLMunky View Post
    I remember ordering half a case of SuperDryKids diapers from the old ABU and being able to smell the package on my porch from several feet away. I'll bet the UPS truck smelled great for a few days
    lol, that reminds me when I got mine. I got the box at work (delivery guy knows me. If was easier for him to take stuff to my work, instead of my house. I was ok with him doing this.)

But he handed me the box, & you could smell it. lol, I just looked at him & made some comment about not remembering ordering something that smelled like this. It was awkward. Everyone that came by my desk asked about it. Good thing it was only there for an hour or two before it was time to go home.