Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "Idiot Box"

Default The "Idiot Box"

What do you really think of tv now? Ever since reality tv became popular and most GOOD cartoons were taken down, i don't really care for it.

I know what you mean, man. Ahh, Real Monsters!, Rocko's Modern Life, Power Puff Girls, all that crap is gone, so is the boob tube.
    --Evan

T.V. still airs damn good shows once in a while (Lost, The Wire, House). Having said that I prefer to wait for the complete season DVDs.

MSNBC every day, all the time... West Wing, Heroes, 24, Deadwood, The Wire, Lost, CNN to chuckle at, FOX news to ROTFL, BBC World, and all the good-for-you PBS shows: Frontline, NOW, Charlie Rose

Happy times. Oh - and Canada's own Daily Planet, and its foreign imitations http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_P...evision_series)

TV is doing fine

Priest has excellent taste in TV programming

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsukuni View Post
    I know what you mean, man. Ahh, Real Monsters!, Rocko's Modern Life, Power Puff Girls, all that crap is gone, so is the boob tube.
    --Evan
    Yeah, these were the best shows on T.V. back in the day. I feel bad for the kids growing up nowadays because the good channels like Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon have become garbage.

Falkio

Clark Howard, Futureweapons, and 24 are good shows. Reality TV just sucks nowadays! Truthfully, I don't really keep up with whats on. I have so much to do this semester that I'm either studying, Scouting, or on ADISC. I love movies though.

Wall-E is pretty cute, so watch it if you ever get the chance!

Reality contest shows can be good, American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Amazing Race. Many quasi-documentary ones are good. But I have no time for Big Brother, Biggest Loser (weight loss) and the ilk. No opinion on cartoons.

I never was a big T.V. person. I do watch occasionally, but when I do, it bores me to tears. I'd rather buy the DVDs I like and watch those whenever I please.

For me, I just mostly watch old reruns and stay the hell away from reality TV cause all it is mostly people making complete jackasses of themselves. I watch CNN, Weather Channel, MLB Network, and whatever baseball game I find. I admit I spend a lot on DVDs because I can't stand TV these days.

As for cartoons today, only one I watch is SpongeBob cause he cracks me up for some reason.

As for me, I prefer all the older cartoons from the 80s, now THAT was a good decade for TV.

WildThing121675