Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So, I spend all day at school from 0600-2200. I usually have to change a couple of times, but try to minimize that by monitoring fluid intake. Today,I was absolutely impressed that I did not have to change once, and that with only a few small dribbles my protection was only damp! Now I'm sitting in a stall, with a crescent shaped wet patch running front to back on the inside of the right leg of my pants and underwear. Dang leak guard failed and my bladder finally let loose. Dang it. I have one more class and a lab still to go. Five more hours, and I smell like pee (a bit). :(

While I have plenty of changing supplies, and fresh protection, I neglected to put a change of clothes in the car for the week. Triple dog dang it!!! Ah well. Such is life.

Last edited:
Happens to all of us who are IC and some of us who aren't also. Yeah, fresh change of clothes is hugely important, especially if you can't go home and change.

Srub as best as you can with paper/water.

Sorry this has happened. This is the other side of all of this.

Yeah, you plan for all the contingencies but eventually grow just a little complacent. It wasn't a HUGE leak, and I was wearing the proper color clothing. I scrubbed the area with my wipes to kill the smell and just re-padded. I'm home a bit early (easy lab), showered and clean again. Definitely have my bag with emergency clothes next to my school bag to put in the car tomorrow morning now!

I hope that you do not dehydrate yourself in order to control the effluent.

A full change of cloths is a must for any diaper bag, leaks happen just remember to restock your packpack when you use your emergamcy change of cloths. I had a leak and had forgotten to replace my pants in my backpack that was a pain :( now when I restock my extra diapers I recheck what's in the backpack.

I try to keep to dark pants this way if I have to change the replacement pants are the same colour and style of my day to day pants so no one will notice a emergancy change.

Leaks happen to the best of us.

I'm lucky with the change of clothes side as I'm a truck driver who does some nights out so I always have a change of clothes in my truck and plenty of fresh diaper

Kenn said:
I hope that you do not dehydrate yourself in order to control the effluent.

No, not really, I am a bit of a Diet Coke junkie though (and if I'm not careful I will drink them all day). I have a diet coke in the morning on the way to school, then I try to not have another before I eat lunch (too expensive here anyways). I usually have a juice-box between morning and lunch, and maybe another in the evening with a snack if I brought it. I'll drink a bit of water through the day, but only a sip or two here and there from the water fountains.

This regimen usually minimizes changes and makes them fairly regular from day to day. And now that I think of it I had a larger fluid intake yesterday at lunch. A group of us went to the foodcourt at the mall for lunch study and I had a large (40oz?) diet coke there and not the can that I usually bring. If I had been more cognizant of that, I would have changed then. It's like drinking a ticking time bomb, it was only a matter of time.

Llayden said:
It's like drinking a ticking time bomb,

That is the quote of the day, for sure!

Kenn said:
Aack! You might want to reconsider...

But, I really like diet coke and the caffeine is wonderful. :(

Off topic, I know, but I'm a Diet Dr Pepper junkie.

I was once told off, by a relative, for drinking diet soda. She wanted me to know how awful it is for my body and how it was going to seriously damage me in the long run. I would have been offended, but while she was lecturing me she was smoking a joint.

We all have our own issues, don't we!

have you tried northshore airsupreme? quiet and i have left a wet one on before bed, woke up it was completely full with no leaks and i even voided the rest of what was in my bladder.

Well I know of the effects of diet drinks, Aspartame in particular, is actually pretty bad. My mother has been drinking diet drinks her entire life. Aspartame is worse on your teeth than Crystal Meth. It also attacks the nervous system creating nerve damage. My mother has neuropathy and her teeth are terrible. She brushed and kept her teeth clean. These are only the things I have witnessed so far.

Just because someone smokes marijuana, doesn't make them stupid.

ornitorrinco said:
Off topic, I know, but I'm a Diet Dr Pepper junkie.

I was once told off, by a relative, for drinking diet soda. She wanted me to know how awful it is for my body and how it was going to seriously damage me in the long run. I would have been offended, but while she was lecturing me she was smoking a joint.

We all have our own issues, don't we!

Yes we do! I know the stuff isn't exactly healthy, but I like it.

TunZuhPhun said:
have you tried northshore airsupreme? quiet and i have left a wet one on before bed, woke up it was completely full with no leaks and i even voided the rest of what was in my bladder.

I have and I found them to be excellent around the house and in bed, not so much at school. School means a lot of sitting and walking. Both usually lead to leaking from the legs of a diaper. The AirSupreme does not leak, but the moisture from the inside gets close enough that the outer shell begins to wick the moisture from the leg openings to the rest of the outer cover. This makes for a really clammy feeling on the outside of the diaper, it feels exactly like a bad leak. The plastic backed don't do that for me.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
Well I know of the effects of diet drinks, Aspartame in particular, is actually pretty bad. My mother has been drinking diet drinks her entire life. Aspartame is worse on your teeth than Crystal Meth. It also attacks the nervous system creating nerve damage. My mother has neuropathy and her teeth are terrible. She brushed and kept her teeth clean. These are only the things I have witnessed so far.

My dad drinks more Diet Coke than I do, which is probably where I got the habit from. He's always had the habit and when he decides to quit or subside sometimes, he'll exhibit symptoms akin to what people exhibit when they give up coffee or cigarettes, it's caffeine withdrawal. After a few days those minor symptoms always subside and he has no other adverse reactions. Eventually, he'll always start drinking the stuff again after a few weeks or even months. He likes it. He's in his 70's now and has had no adverse reactions to Diet Coke, his teeth are all very healthy, has no health problems to speak of, and is still very active. All the same could be said of my mother as well, although her Diet Coke intake is MUCH lower. She's not a junkie, but she does have it often (maybe one a day) but she is an iced tea addict and she'll use Sweet-N-Low in her tea. Always had, always will. These are the only things I have witnessed so far.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:

I didn't say (or even imply) that she was stupid. I was pointing out the irony that she was able to clearly see that what I was doing was unhealthy, but she was also doing something that is inherently unhealthy. It was funny more than anything. We all do things that we know are bad for us. It's just funny when somebody points them out while they are in the middle of doing something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back