"My Journey To Diapers Started When". (All stories welcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dy1anD1aper5

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
My journey to diapers started when I was 13. I seldom had an accident. Often a mistake of forgetting, stress, you name it. But when I was 13, this was my last year of middle school and I fought my way past the bastards already. I was faint considering my near future. I never took kindly to teasing, and was usually lost in my imagination, dreaming about flying by colors in the chilled weather. Modest baby blue gradients resting in the sky. Abruptly pulled away from my thoughts to the attention of whatever noise others were making. So I was stressed out. Too young, so quite. I couldn't and can't stand for violence. The year was complete, the school was history, and my bed wetting was just beginning. I hid my now regular accidents from my mother, until I didn't. She's so tidy, and well kept she began investigating the smell emitting from my room. She grabbed at the sheets and unveiled the source. That fucking moment, will never be forgotten. I stood to her right, and waited. Automatically, our eyes meet and she said, "how long?'. I told her some few months. She hugged me (aware of the fighting I dealt w/ in middle school, dreading of high school, she did the math). And so the next day we ambled the brand new, town center, Target. Arrived at the incontinence isle, she grabbed the Depends pull on underwear, as I slid away in discomfort. I stood near the doors while my mother dealt w/ it all. Gesturing towards me, I spun left, pausing for her, and walked out, appreciating the design of the floor. Now 21, in college among varying hobbies, this still occurs nightly, and now daily. (24/7) For a different reason, but to this day. Diapers have very much become apart of my life and I just don't know what or If I should do anything about that. Maybe it's a sign, to disregard the minuscule, and try harder than everyone else to be were I want to be. Regardless of circumstance. And that, is my choppy story, feel open to tell yours. - Dylan.

I grew up as a bed wetter. I had wet most of my life and didn't finally "grow out of it" until my mid to late teens. Throughout this time, I had always taken care of my nighttime accidents and used a plastic sheet for protection. It was never forced on me, nor did my parents ever use this as "punishment", rather it was just a responsibility of mine. I probably started stripping sheets, washing clothing and bed linen, and making my bed around the first grade.

I looked upon this quite differently at different times in my life. When I was really young, it didn't even phase me. I had no idea that something was "different" with me until I reached about six or seven. Around this time I knew I was "different", however it really didn't affect me and I didn't take much notice of it until about age ten.

At this point in life I really became distressed with bed wetting and I knew that something was "wrong" with me. This change in attitude probably came about because of scouts, camping trips, sleep overs, all things that I was now afraid to take part in that a normal activities that a hyper-active outgoing 10 year old boy would. It didn't stop me, though it made things more difficult and pretty stressful at times.

Around fourteen or so the stress had pretty much vanished, and I was now just dealing with a "condition". I had been really lucky that NO ONE had ever found out or caught me, and they never would.

At about fourteen/fifteen my mom (probably out of frustration and prompted by a coupon for Attends) asked me if I would like to try diapers to make things easier around the house. I was absolutely dumbstruck and froze. The thought had never crossed my mind and I hadn't even realized that diapers that big existed. I seriously thought that I was the only one in the world with this problem.

It took me all day to wrap my mind around the proposal, and around bedtime that night I had decided that anything was better than the chance of waking up early as hell cold and wet, changing sheets in the middle of the night, or changing clothes and sleeping on the floor with a blanket until morning.

About two weeks later I had finally worked up the courage to answer her. As it happened we were in the supermarket and passing what I now knew were incontinence supplies. I pointed at them and told her that it might be worth giving it a shot. She said no and that I would outgrow it.

I finally out grew bed wetting that year.

I never looked back until one day, a few months later, I caught one of the first, and very rare, advertisements for 'Goodnites' on T.V.

Out of curiosity I logged on to the website (definitely took long enough back then) and discovered that "I was not alone". It really piqued my curiosity, and I ordered the free sample.

I managed to intercept them in the mail and hid them away to bring out later that night. The sample package was two Goodnites and looked just like a small pack! It was purple and said Goodnites on it. At the time I felt like I was just investigating what had been another option to deal with what was a pretty big and long lasting problem. I was curious as to what it would have been like if this was the course of action taken instead.

Later that night I pulled them out and looked them over for quite awhile. I must have looked like an archiologist studying a new find! I finally put them on and instantly fell in love with the feel, smell, and comfort that they gave me.

As part of the investigation, I used it as well. I was hooked instantly! They worked! They felt so good, secure, and WARM! Any bed wetter that never had protection beyond a plastic sheet knows that warm is not a sensation that is felt often.

Since then, those sensations have stuck with me and continue to grow. The only problem is now, I don't fit Goodnites as intended. I am still attracted to Goodnites simply because it's the option I never had, but almost. I wish I were shorter and smaller like I was then so that I could try them out properly, or there was a longer size especially as my night time accidents have returned over the past few years.

So you were a bed wetter that began to enjoy diapers after you didn't need them? Unfortunate.

I will ceep it short because my englisch is everything except good.
I wore diapers with the knowledge of my parents till I was 6. They diapered me everytime when I was very sick. After I used the last diaper of the stock and their disagree to buy a new package, I envy my best friend, who was a bedwetter and able to wear diapers every night. It followed some relocations and some stolen diapers from my parents friends and the big troubles of getting caught. Then 2 years break from the whole DL and TB part. After this two years I found some storys and communities and I was back. I bought my first Pampers and expose myself to my mom. She was very understanding and had only two requirements: First I have to regard the hygiene and second I had to ceep it privat and in my "room". But the happieness persist only for one year. I lost my parents confidence (the reason isn't important). After all they took me to a psychologist and he send me into the psychiatry. The worst months of my life followed.
But there is a happy end.
I restored the confidence of my parents and now there is something like an unwritten agreement.
I don't show my little side or DL side, and they ignore things like two wet diapers in a month.

Llayden said:
I grew up as a bed wetter.They worked! They felt so good, secure, and WARM! Any bed wetter that never had protection beyond a plastic sheet knows that warm is not a sensation that is felt often. [QUOTE=Llayden;1324376

I agree with your statement Llayden! My "flipped switch" happened when I wet the bed at my best friend's house on a sleepover at age 8. His mother had me wear plastic underpants over my regular underwear the following night which mortified me but she had me put them on while my friend was taking his shower so I do not think he knew. Unfortunatley I leaked out and still wet the sheets a bit which had me in tears the next morning when his mom woke me up. Nothing was said and my parents did not even comment when they took me home so I do not know if they knew the weekend situation (I doubt his mother would not have told my mom).

Surprisingly my mom told me some time later I was staying over his house again for an extended few nights because they were going out of town and I was too young to attend the event. The first night I was hoping no one would remember anything but my fiend's mom not only had me wear plastic underpants but a full diaper. I was extremely embarassed but she took several minutes to explain to me about the comfort of not having wet sheets and no one noticing a wet diaper since the plastic underpants would keep it contained and my pajama bottom would be over that. She was completely right. That next morning I was very wet but I had dry sheets and she took the time to tell me I was actually being mature by wearing protection when I needed it. Her kindness of explaining my situation to me and having me wear protection was not a punishment but a helpful solution and subsequent times after that my wearing of protection was something I actually looked forward to and appreciated.

I've liked them my whole life, ever since I was 3 (I mean whole life because people won't remember being younger than that age). I still wanted to be a baby I guess and liked diapers, we had some spare in a bedroom that I'd go into every morning and put one on before anyone woke up. Every time my mum would get angry at me and take it off me then eventually they were all thrown away. That's the beginning of it all.

for me it was about 3-4 years old, that was when my sister was born and I wanted to wear diapers and be babied.

When I was 8 or 9.
I visited my Aunt and Uncle's house who had a new baby (my younger cousin).
I saw how loved and well he was taken care of in his crib, with a huge stack of diapers on the changing station.
Wished that were me....I think that did it.
Had to have some after that.

I was about 10 or 11 when I did a market study for Goodnites. I was never a wetter; I just tried them on for size/fit/style. For a few years after that, I was kind of intrigued by the whole diaper/bedwetting "thing." I remember making towel "diapers" and wearing them to sleep, in hopes that I'd wet without waking up. (That never happened...). In my teens, the fettish?obsession? kind of took a backseat. Now I'm in my early 20s. My boyfriend doesn't really know about this side of me. I buy a few diapers here/there when he travels for work.

bethgirl said:
I was about 10 or 11 when I did a market study for Goodnites. I was never a wetter; I just tried them on for size/fit/style. For a few years after that, I was kind of intrigued by the whole diaper/bedwetting "thing." I remember making towel "diapers" and wearing them to sleep, in hopes that I'd wet without waking up. (That never happened...). In my teens, the fettish?obsession? kind of took a backseat. Now I'm in my early 20s. My boyfriend doesn't really know about this side of me. I buy a few diapers here/there when he travels for work.
I used to wish I would wet in my sleep as a teen as well. Now my dreams have come true.

I was 4, maybe early 5 at the time. We had recently moved from Kentucky to Oregon, my younger brother was 1 at the time. I was the vengeful type, or so I've heard, my parents told me that I wasn't very nice at first. I wanted to be the little brother. I distinctly remember watching him get changed on the floor of our new house, I just stood there and watched in awe, I wanted that for myself. Now, I never had the balls to take any, even at 4 or 5, I put a fair amount of thought into any action I would take, but I knew what I wanted.
Skip ahead two-ish years, he's now freshly potty trained, and I watch in silence and disbelief as mom throws away what was left of the pull-ups...or so I thought. A few weeks later, I found one single pull-up under the bathroom sink. I put it on without a second thought, I had to have worn it for about an hour before I'd wet it. After I wet it, I wore it the rest of the day, woke up the next morning with diaper rash that I then got to explain to my mom, I can't remember what my excuse was, but I'm sure she knew.

it was 1981 -82 i was 4 yo and i stole my cousins plastic baby pampers
i run to the bathroom slam and lock the door.
i was looking the diaper like something ........i cant explain it.......
anyway after a few seconds i put the diaper, pull up my underwear,my shorts and decide to come out of the bathroom
after a few minutes my grandmother who babysat my cousin and me saw the top of the diaper out of my shorts and said
oh i think that today i need more diapers to change.......and pulled down my pants
then i felt so much humiliated cause i was potty trained at 2 and never had accidents still
i felt so frozen and nervous that then i left a huge pee in my diaper,,,,,,,,,
then my grandmother without a word without a comment took my hand and took me to my bed .she was so calm and quiet
after a while she broke the ice and said to me ..ok my dear stay here on your bed and wait for me...
i was crying like a baby .dont cry she said and wait for me please.after a few seconds she came back with a diaper and a powder and said to me
''my baby dont try to escape dont try to scream loud and dont cry anymore,just shut up your mouth and lay on the bed''
i did what she said
then she told me ''for the rest of the week when your parents be back the rules for you are these''
first you will be in diapers EVERYDAY like your baby cousin. second everytime and everything you need do it on your diaper and forget the toilet
third i ll change you when you need and......fourth i wont treat you like a baby like your cousin.i hope to learn your lesson my dear finaly said
this week was unforgetable for me

Yeah, this is not a short story...

Until I was 7, was wetting the bed every night. No punishments, just cloth nappies, every night, Mum said that I'd outgrow it eventually, I never really felt worried by it - All supplies hidden under the bed etc.

Moved to live with Dad - by that time I'd outgrown bedwetting, my brother and I shared a room, and he wet probably one night a month-ish. We had a bach in Coromandel, and when we went there, we had access to toddler training type pants which we wore occasionally. What there was upstairs in Dad's bedroom - Bags of Pampers super something - flippin cool nappies when you are 8 or 9, we wore them a bit, never really wetting them. Threw them out the window under the house. Dad was rather annoyed when he found them..... a few years later. At this stage, I also found sheet nappies. What you do, is take a standard single sheet, fold that sucker down a bit (lot), and you kind of end up with a nappy that comes up to your armpits. Held on by tying the ends around your waist. (never wet it) - During this time, round one of dealing with head doctors. Don't remember the name, but he seemed to be an ineffectual twat

Back up to living with Mum and stepdad - Going on their OE. Went to LA, being a kid of about 10, being stupid pretty much. Hotel the first night, wet the bed - And I'm not talking damp patch, I'm talking swimming pool. I made the bed to hide it, the next night, there was a plastic sheet on the bed. Nothing ever said though. After 6 months in Europe and the UK, back to New Zealand, and back to living with Dad - Flying back as an unaccompanied minor, was flipping awesome. First night - Dad asks me if I still wore nappies. What would have happened if I said yes? - I said no.

Mum and stepdad arrive back, so move back to them. New baby brother, so ready access to nappies - Grab, wear, wet, throw away. Was discovered eventually. Another head doctor. Even more useless. I do remember his name, we spent a lot of time "bonding" (minds out of gutter people, doing stuff like making paper planes and crap), but I never felt that I could actually talk to him about issues. Fairly horrid time in my life, custody battles between Mum and Dad.

Dad wins - Back to dad. They still have some of the pampers, and they still fit. Holy crap. Wear them, use tape to make them last longer (turn them into pullups). Get discovered. Again. New head doctor - This one is actually really really good. Not that I thought that when I was young, but now I understand more what he was talking about, a lot beter.

Turn 18, leave and go back up to Mum. Younger sister is a bedwetter - Return to stealing nappies, using them, get discovered, stop for a while, repeat.

Eventually move out and live with grandparents - No nappies for some time. Discover beach towel + belt. Works well. Don't do it up too tightly (kite fold-ish)

Move to flat. Start buying and wearing nappies. Crappy disposables, and the OMG deer in headlights feeling when buying from store. This carries on for some time, before buying cloth nappies from nicediaper.com, incocare in NZ, Fetware, buying disposables through Trademe (like ebay but worse), the joys of flatmates picking up boxes that have "DIAPERS" on the customs declarations (Thanks changing times), or them bringing in your washing. Which is nice. Nappies are hanging up, underneath a sheet. Oh well.

So yeah - My short(ish) diaper history

activefit said:
it was 1981 -82 i was 4 yo and i stole my cousins plastic baby pampers
i run to the bathroom slam and lock the door.
i was looking the diaper like something ........i cant explain it.......
anyway after a few seconds i put the diaper, pull up my underwear,my shorts and decide to come out of the bathroom
after a few minutes my grandmother who babysat my cousin and me saw the top of the diaper out of my shorts and said
oh i think that today i need more diapers to change.......and pulled down my pants
then i felt so much humiliated cause i was potty trained at 2 and never had accidents still
i felt so frozen and nervous that then i left a huge pee in my diaper,,,,,,,,,
then my grandmother without a word without a comment took my hand and took me to my bed .she was so calm and quiet
after a while she broke the ice and said to me ..ok my dear stay here on your bed and wait for me...
i was crying like a baby .dont cry she said and wait for me please.after a few seconds she came back with a diaper and a powder and said to me
''my baby dont try to escape dont try to scream loud and dont cry anymore,just shut up your mouth and lay on the bed''
i did what she said
then she told me ''for the rest of the week when your parents be back the rules for you are these''
first you will be in diapers EVERYDAY like your baby cousin. second everytime and everything you need do it on your diaper and forget the toilet
third i ll change you when you need and......fourth i wont treat you like a baby like your cousin.i hope to learn your lesson my dear finaly said
this week was unforgetable for me

Stop with the BS pls

activefit said:
sorry bs you mean

That story you told isn't very believable at all

CookieMonstah said:
That story you told isn't very believable at all

i dont care about it
this realy happened to me then
and i cant change it

There have been stories of wearing diapers being used as a punishment. It's not that big of a stretch. Maybe exaggerated, but I could see it more or less happen.

Not very nice stranger thing have happend.
If I was a person and some one told me my true story BS it would hurt my feelings.
Since no one knows what happened they were not there.
So I tend to take the benefit of the doubt.
Let's all play nice. :)

- - - Updated - - -

okram said:
Yeah, this is not a short story...

Until I was 7, was wetting the bed every night. No punishments, just cloth nappies, every night, Mum said that I'd outgrow it eventually, I never really felt worried by it - All supplies hidden under the bed etc.

Moved to live with Dad - by that time I'd outgrown bedwetting, my brother and I shared a room, and he wet probably one night a month-ish. We had a bach in Coromandel, and when we went there, we had access to toddler training type pants which we wore occasionally. What there was upstairs in Dad's bedroom - Bags of Pampers super something - flippin cool nappies when you are 8 or 9, we wore them a bit, never really wetting them. Threw them out the window under the house. Dad was rather annoyed when he found them..... a few years later. At this stage, I also found sheet nappies. What you do, is take a standard single sheet, fold that sucker down a bit (lot), and you kind of end up with a nappy that comes up to your armpits. Held on by tying the ends around your waist. (never wet it) - During this time, round one of dealing with head doctors. Don't remember the name, but he seemed to be an ineffectual twat

Back up to living with Mum and stepdad - Going on their OE. Went to LA, being a kid of about 10, being stupid pretty much. Hotel the first night, wet the bed - And I'm not talking damp patch, I'm talking swimming pool. I made the bed to hide it, the next night, there was a plastic sheet on the bed. Nothing ever said though. After 6 months in Europe and the UK, back to New Zealand, and back to living with Dad - Flying back as an unaccompanied minor, was flipping awesome. First night - Dad asks me if I still wore nappies. What would have happened if I said yes? - I said no.

Mum and stepdad arrive back, so move back to them. New baby brother, so ready access to nappies - Grab, wear, wet, throw away. Was discovered eventually. Another head doctor. Even more useless. I do remember his name, we spent a lot of time "bonding" (minds out of gutter people, doing stuff like making paper planes and crap), but I never felt that I could actually talk to him about issues. Fairly horrid time in my life, custody battles between Mum and Dad.

Dad wins - Back to dad. They still have some of the pampers, and they still fit. Holy crap. Wear them, use tape to make them last longer (turn them into pullups). Get discovered. Again. New head doctor - This one is actually really really good. Not that I thought that when I was young, but now I understand more what he was talking about, a lot beter.

Turn 18, leave and go back up to Mum. Younger sister is a bedwetter - Return to stealing nappies, using them, get discovered, stop for a while, repeat.

Eventually move out and live with grandparents - No nappies for some time. Discover beach towel + belt. Works well. Don't do it up too tightly (kite fold-ish)

Move to flat. Start buying and wearing nappies. Crappy disposables, and the OMG deer in headlights feeling when buying from store. This carries on for some time, before buying cloth nappies from nicediaper.com, incocare in NZ, Fetware, buying disposables through Trademe (like ebay but worse), the joys of flatmates picking up boxes that have "DIAPERS" on the customs declarations (Thanks changing times), or them bringing in your washing. Which is nice. Nappies are hanging up, underneath a sheet. Oh well.

So yeah - My short(ish) diaper history
Thank's for telling us.

My journey to diapers started... when I was born, I'm pretty sure about that :)

On a more serious note, I remember I liked to secretly wet my briefs as a kid. I was 8 maybe? I do remember some of these occasions quite clearly, but I don't know which particular situation or event was the very start and I have no idea about exact age/timing. I'm sure I wasn't thinking about diapers at all at that time, I just liked wetting. There were no babies and no diapers in our family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back