Should I order a Nuk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey guys,

I'm not sure whether I would actually use a NUK5 if I got one, I'm not into sucking my thumb, but I do like to have things in my mouth (My vaporiser, which mother cutely refers to as my dummy). I'm just wondering if I would get that sense of soothing that I hear spoke of alot.

I'm not even sure which category I fall in to in terms of AB or DL, I don't tend to like categorising lol.

Any thoughts on this? And would it damage my teeth at all?

TIA :)

There really isn't much (if any) research on the impact of pacifier use on the teeth of adults. Not much of a surprise there. However, since your teeth are fully grown, I doubt that there would be any impact. If you still have a partial oral fixation, you might get some benefit, but it really does vary from person to person.

Have you tried using baby pacifiers at all?

A plain white nuk 5 is less than $30 shipped from ebay and colourful modified one are a bit more. Not a huge investment like custom outfits or cloth diapers and plastic pants. If you planned on sucking on it all night every night then maybe worry about your teeth but I can't see anything less doing much damage.

Akastus said:
Have you tried using baby pacifiers at all?

Nope, but its an idea actually. Are they comparable? I can't imagine a baby dummy filling my mouth, and might become laborious to suck on?

WildRoseBaby said:
A plain white nuk 5 is less than $30 shipped from ebay and colourful modified one are a bit more. Not a huge investment like custom outfits or cloth diapers and plastic pants. If you planned on sucking on it all night every night then maybe worry about your teeth but I can't see anything less doing much damage.

I have been looking online (UK) and can get one for £13+Shipping. Not the issue of cost, more the planning of getting one delivered really (still live at home).

I don't tend to diaper up too often because it can be inconvenient. But I can see a paci getting alot of use. I have ADHD and chew my fingers to the point of blood so hoping it would help with this too.

I can get my paws on a 6-18 months paci off the shelf, would it be useable and enjoyable?

Last edited:
King of Clubs said:
Nope, but its an idea actually. Are they comparable? I can't imagine a baby dummy filling my mouth, and might become laborious to suck on?

I have been looking online (UK) and can get one for £13+Shipping. Not the issue of cost, more the planning of getting one delivered really (still live at home).

I don't tend to diaper up too often because it can be inconvenient. But I can see a paci getting alot of use. I have ADHD and chew my fingers to the point of blood so hoping it would help with this too.

I've read of some enjoying baby pacifiers. They did nothing for me and didn't even lead me to think I'd like a bigger one. They're cheap enough to try but if the little ones don't do anything for you, that doesn't necessarily mean you wouldn't appreciate an adult sized one. I also wouldn't worry about any AB vs. DL questions. If it's something you like, it's good enough, and you can figure out if it is part of something larger later on.

Trevor said:
I've read of some enjoying baby pacifiers. They did nothing for me and didn't even lead me to think I'd like a bigger one. They're cheap enough to try but if the little ones don't do anything for you, that doesn't necessarily mean you wouldn't appreciate an adult sized one. I also wouldn't worry about any AB vs. DL questions. If it's something you like, it's good enough, and you can figure out if it is part of something larger later on.

Thanks Trevor. I think I will try to pick a 6-18 month one tomorrow and see how I get on.

It's weird, its never been something I've ever fancied, but the urge has hit me recently, same with a bottle.

King of Clubs said:

Something like that will just be in a padded envelope. Pick up some small collectible thing like a blind box figurine for when the package comes and if anyone asks show them that.

I can suck fall asleep with my nuk 5s and wake up with them still in my mouth. With a baby paci I get tired of sucking them pretty quickly.

WildRoseBaby said:
Something like that will just be in a padded envelope. Pick up some small collectible thing like a blind box figurine for when the package comes and if anyone asks show them that.

I can suck fall asleep with my nuk 5s and wake up with them still in my mouth. With a baby paci I get tired of sucking them pretty quickly.

I guess I could get order it to a friends, its a gift and I don't want my parents knowing about it kinda thing.

Are/were you a thumb sucker? Out of interest :) .

If money is not a concern, I would be tempted to try the NUK5. If you don't like it, so be it.

On the other hand, if money is tight or there may be problems with delivery or ordering, I would just go to a local store and find the largest pacifier for sale. These are usually for babies about 18 months.

As Trevor said, not enjoying the baby pacifier does not mean you wouldn't enjoy the larger NUK5 but if you do enjoy it, it would be a good indication to at least try a NUK5.

FWIW: I have several and generally use the baby pacifier.

Try pacifiers R Us.
Best paci I've had. Woth the money

Well, I picked up a couple today at Asda and I like them, drive home from work sucking on one :)

I do think an adult one would be loads better though :D

Thanks for your help on my latest venture into connecting with my inner self.

I see your in the UK King of clubs, delivery is problematic for me also (as I am out so much) so I look on eBay for sellers which deliver to my local Argos. Just looked and there is a seller offering the nuk 5 for £11.99 including the delivery to Argos.

Monkeypuzzler, you are a genius! Thank you so much, i never thought of that option!

I just get the nuk 5 two days ago. Because it's bigger than the toddler pacifier it feels more origianal (like the time I was a toddler) and I've got a better feeling while sucking. But I tried toddlerpacifier before and liked them. The nuk 5 was only an improvement.:paci:

I am a lucky baby girl. The nuk for 18 to 36 mos fits my mouth perfectly and all I need is a fresh pamper,paci and my stuffie and I go night night. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back