Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Should I order a Nuk?

  1. #1

    Default Should I order a Nuk?

    Hey guys,

    I'm not sure whether I would actually use a NUK5 if I got one, I'm not into sucking my thumb, but I do like to have things in my mouth (My vaporiser, which mother cutely refers to as my dummy). I'm just wondering if I would get that sense of soothing that I hear spoke of alot.

    I'm not even sure which category I fall in to in terms of AB or DL, I don't tend to like categorising lol.

    Any thoughts on this? And would it damage my teeth at all?

    TIA

  2. #2

    Default

    There really isn't much (if any) research on the impact of pacifier use on the teeth of adults. Not much of a surprise there. However, since your teeth are fully grown, I doubt that there would be any impact. If you still have a partial oral fixation, you might get some benefit, but it really does vary from person to person.

    Have you tried using baby pacifiers at all?

  3. #3

    Default

    A plain white nuk 5 is less than $30 shipped from ebay and colourful modified one are a bit more. Not a huge investment like custom outfits or cloth diapers and plastic pants. If you planned on sucking on it all night every night then maybe worry about your teeth but I can't see anything less doing much damage.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Akastus View Post

    Have you tried using baby pacifiers at all?
    Nope, but its an idea actually. Are they comparable? I can't imagine a baby dummy filling my mouth, and might become laborious to suck on?



    Quote Originally Posted by WildRoseBaby View Post
    A plain white nuk 5 is less than $30 shipped from ebay and colourful modified one are a bit more. Not a huge investment like custom outfits or cloth diapers and plastic pants. If you planned on sucking on it all night every night then maybe worry about your teeth but I can't see anything less doing much damage.
    I have been looking online (UK) and can get one for 13+Shipping. Not the issue of cost, more the planning of getting one delivered really (still live at home).

    I don't tend to diaper up too often because it can be inconvenient. But I can see a paci getting alot of use. I have ADHD and chew my fingers to the point of blood so hoping it would help with this too.

    I can get my paws on a 6-18 months paci off the shelf, would it be useable and enjoyable?
    Last edited by King of Clubs; 17-Oct-2015 at 22:14.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by King of Clubs View Post
    Nope, but its an idea actually. Are they comparable? I can't imagine a baby dummy filling my mouth, and might become laborious to suck on?



    I have been looking online (UK) and can get one for 13+Shipping. Not the issue of cost, more the planning of getting one delivered really (still live at home).

    I don't tend to diaper up too often because it can be inconvenient. But I can see a paci getting alot of use. I have ADHD and chew my fingers to the point of blood so hoping it would help with this too.
    I've read of some enjoying baby pacifiers. They did nothing for me and didn't even lead me to think I'd like a bigger one. They're cheap enough to try but if the little ones don't do anything for you, that doesn't necessarily mean you wouldn't appreciate an adult sized one. I also wouldn't worry about any AB vs. DL questions. If it's something you like, it's good enough, and you can figure out if it is part of something larger later on.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I've read of some enjoying baby pacifiers. They did nothing for me and didn't even lead me to think I'd like a bigger one. They're cheap enough to try but if the little ones don't do anything for you, that doesn't necessarily mean you wouldn't appreciate an adult sized one. I also wouldn't worry about any AB vs. DL questions. If it's something you like, it's good enough, and you can figure out if it is part of something larger later on.
    Thanks Trevor. I think I will try to pick a 6-18 month one tomorrow and see how I get on.

    It's weird, its never been something I've ever fancied, but the urge has hit me recently, same with a bottle.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by King of Clubs View Post
    I have been looking online (UK) and can get one for 13+Shipping. Not the issue of cost, more the planning of getting one delivered really (still live at home).
    Something like that will just be in a padded envelope. Pick up some small collectible thing like a blind box figurine for when the package comes and if anyone asks show them that.

    I can suck fall asleep with my nuk 5s and wake up with them still in my mouth. With a baby paci I get tired of sucking them pretty quickly.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by WildRoseBaby View Post
    Something like that will just be in a padded envelope. Pick up some small collectible thing like a blind box figurine for when the package comes and if anyone asks show them that.

    I can suck fall asleep with my nuk 5s and wake up with them still in my mouth. With a baby paci I get tired of sucking them pretty quickly.
    I guess I could get order it to a friends, its a gift and I don't want my parents knowing about it kinda thing.

    Are/were you a thumb sucker? Out of interest .

  9. #9

    Default

    If money is not a concern, I would be tempted to try the NUK5. If you don't like it, so be it.

    On the other hand, if money is tight or there may be problems with delivery or ordering, I would just go to a local store and find the largest pacifier for sale. These are usually for babies about 18 months.

    As Trevor said, not enjoying the baby pacifier does not mean you wouldn't enjoy the larger NUK5 but if you do enjoy it, it would be a good indication to at least try a NUK5.

    FWIW: I have several and generally use the baby pacifier.

  10. #10

    Default

    Try pacifiers R Us.
    Best paci I've had. Woth the money

Similar Threads

  1. My order
    By damian743 in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-Jul-2013, 16:28
  2. So HUNGRY!!!! To Order or not to Order?
    By Ch3stersGhost in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-Mar-2011, 18:35
  3. Little help with my order.
    By Shinxy in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-Feb-2011, 04:12
  4. My First Order Just Got Here :D
    By Zeit in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 16-Jun-2010, 01:06
  5. Well out of order....
    By joey225 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-May-2010, 20:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.