View Poll Results: Nature vs. Nurture

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nature (born as AB/DL)

24 27.27%
  • Nurture (caused by real life incident)

22 25.00%
  • A little mix of both.

42 47.73%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nature Vs. Nurture?

Exclamation Nature Vs. Nurture?

So today in psychology we talked about the different things in our world that make us up as individuals. I was just wondering for all of you, do you think you are AB/DL because it was something you were "born" into, (nature), or do you think it was caused by some incident/specific time in your life.

Personally, I went with "nature" because these are feelings I've had for as long as I can remember, (all my life, maybe)

There really is no debate that can be made to support 'nature' as an argument.

Do people, or any other animals wear diapers in nature? Nope? Well there you have it. It's obviously nurture. You can't roll this down the same trail as the "gay, nature/nurture?" debate, because there are MANY incidents of animals gayin' it up by themselves.

Much as I myself might like to say it's nature's intention I wear, it simply isn't. I wore as a child, these were obviously simpler/better times, and these days it gives a feeling of comfort and/or security.

I say mine's nurture ... I probably wouldn't be into it at all if I didn't hang out in my old church's nursery and steal diapers all the time when I was 5!

Quote Originally Posted by Harano View Post
    There really is no debate that can be made to support 'nature' as an argument.

Do people, or any other animals wear diapers in nature? Nope? Well there you have it. It's obviously nurture. You can't roll this down the same trail as the "gay, nature/nurture?" debate, because there are MANY incidents of animals gayin' it up by themselves.

Much as I myself might like to say it's nature's intention I wear, it simply isn't. I wore as a child, these were obviously simpler/better times, and these days it gives a feeling of comfort and/or security.
    wow, thats a really good point. i never really thought about that. But, some of us have always felt the need to be "little", and the diapers and other paraphernalia that comes along with it would be considered 'nurture' i guess. So, maybe it it's a little mix of both.
    Last edited by Nicky; 18-Feb-2009 at 02:51.

Countdown

Probably nurture for me. I was bullied all throughout school and found it very difficult to make friends, so I probably wanted to regress to a time when I felt loved and cared about (babyhood).

I would say a little bit of both for me. I can remember liking diapers for as long as I can remember. But I was also kept in diapers till I was at least three And I gess I loved My bottle. so I dont know if it was nature or nurture

I was a really late potty trainer. And thats probably why i wear today maybe. Well that probably spiked my interest in them. And have me take some from my little bro. Chances are a mix.

I'd say mostly nurture for me. >_>

Since first grade or so, there's always been people who loved to harass and annoy me. I guess part of me associated that kind of thing with growing up, and wanted my life to stay simple and happy. But I'unno. n.n;

I too would say nurture. I was adopted at age 2. For a while I was in an adoptive agency. My birth parents didn't want me, and I can imagine how potty training went. Anyway, I've always wanted to be in diapers. I can remember as far back as when I was 4 wanting to be put back.