Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Future Awareness Movement Ideas?

bringmesunshine

Default Future Awareness Movement Ideas?

Alternative lifestyles are becoming less and less taboo - well that's how it seems to me! (Ooooh, it's been a while since I've started a big thread like this!) Look at the Homosexuals and the lesbians, there's now almost no where on the planet where they can't get churchily married and also you'll have prob's noticed - unless you've been living under a rock - that currently Transgenderism is everywhere you care to glance: it's being covered well/nicely in the media, there are TV shows about it on both sides of the Atlantic, Mainstream movies about it: The Danish Girl and 52 Tuesdays and there are off-stream movies about transgenderism asking for your funds on Kickstarter! ...Oh yes - how could I forget - there's also a very brave middle-aged woman you may of heard about, she's not on telly often or in the papers every week (ha ha - sarcasm) but her name's Caitlyn!

Of course the downside of all this is the magnifying glass isn't turning on us...yes you never know we may be next I mean if you told me...5 years ago that 2015 was going to be the year of 'Homosexuals and Transgenders' well I'd have laughed you out of whatever we were standing in at the time. Either if sed magnifying glass comes our way or we take a step forward alone there are things that need to be given some thought, now understand I'm hopeless at marketing and also I don't think I'd be able to take up an on-soapbox position un-masked (if you will) but a campeign possibility isn't leaving me alone.
    Taking inspiration from our friends in the homosexual and lesbian sector...who likes the sound of Padded Wall? With the slogan "Some people like to wear diapers/nappies and they're not pedophiles...get over it!" ...I apolergise for having an imagenation or maybe brainstorming to far/badly but am I onto something or even in the region of having a good idea?

If any of you out there have any thoughts pertaining to what I've just laid out, critisisms or you're own campeign names and slogans (the cleverer the better!) ...the floor is now yours. bringmesunshine

I think that what will happen is, is the world will not be understanding to ABDL, but just more understanding of more 'unique' interests, including ABDL. So not just us, but other oddities that exist in the world today. I think it's starting already, actually.

With the internet still spreading more and more people are being heard. They can get together in groups and realize there are more of them than they thought. Plus with hackers and estranged love affairs making peoples fetishes more public it is all becoming common place. People are finally learning that everyone is human. We are all interested in different things and are becoming more accepted as the media makes it more common place. Eveyone has a fetish and more and more people are figuring that out. Many of those speaking out againt lifestyles are being exposed as being part of what they are ridiculing. In the future only fetishes that hurt others will be considered taboo.

We may be accepted by people except the religious right and extreme conservative side. My fear is being attacked by environmentalists. We all know that ABDLs who like disposable diapers are not likely to embrace cloth diapers (which is still debated about how much better for the environment they are). But, the environmental type (sometimes with many children in a huge inefficient house), like to hate disposable diapers and may consider our use of diapers as a voluntary action. I have images of people wearing fur coats being splashed with red paint.

Quote Originally Posted by bringmesunshine View Post
    Look at the Homosexuals and the lesbians, there's now almost no where on the planet where they can't get churchily married...
    You're kidding me, right?! That's sadly very far from the truth. There are many, many countries where homosexual acts are illegal, and according to the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA), just 9% of UN States permit same-sex marriage.

http://old.ilga.org/Statehomophobia/...hobia_2015.pdf (PDF)

This site is a bit out-of-date, but it gives some examples of the situtations in which people have been arrested and prosecuted for gay crimes.

http://76crimes.com/12-in-prison-for...waiting-trial/

The punishment for homosexual intimacy is DEATH in Iran, Mauritania, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Yemen. Whilst not codified into law, the death sentence is also widely implemented across Iraq, Nigeria and Somalia, and into areas occupied by Daesh (ISIL/ISIS).

And homosexuality is a criminal offence in these countries:

Afghanistan
    Algeria
    Angola
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Bangladesh
    Barbados
    Belize
    Bhutan
    Botswana
    Brunei Darussalam
    Burundi
    Cameroon
    Comoros
    Cook Islands
    Dominica
    Egypt (de facto illegality for men in public)
    Eritrea
    Ethiopia
    Gambia
    Gaza (occupied Palestinian territory)
    Ghana
    Grenada
    Guinea
    Guyana
    India
    Indonesia (certain provinces)
    Iran
    Iraq
    Jamaica
    Kenya
    Kiribati
    Kuwait
    Lebanon
    Liberia
    Libya
    Malawi
    Malaysia
    Maldives
    Mauritania
    Mauritius
    Morocco
    Myanmar
    Namibia
    Nauru
    Nigeria
    Oman
    Pakistan
    Papua New Guinea
    Qatar
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Saint Lucia
    Saint Vincent and The Grenadines
    Samoa
    Saudi Arabia
    Senegal
    Seychelles
    Sierra Leone
    Singapore
    Solomon Islands
    Somalia
    South Sudan
    Sri Lanka
    Sudan
    Swaziland
    Syria
    Tanzania
    Togo
    Tonga
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Tunisia
    Turkmenistan
    Tuvalu
    Uganda
    United Arab Emirites
    Uzbekistan
    Yemen
    Zambia
    Zimbabwe

Guyanna will not tolerate queerness. But they welcomed Jim Jones and his crowd of crazy? Amazing!

Who woulda thunk that one.

I think we'll always be laughed at, but we would gain more traction if we aligned with the BD/SM group. Oddly enough, vanillas and muggles understand bondage because it's been shown many times on TV and movies. Understanding bondage, wearing diapers and forced diaper wearing is one step away.

As for homosexuality, it's hard to believe, but when I was in college, you could be put in jail or a mental institution for participating in a same sex activity. We've come a long way, baby! Now if us babies could come that far.

I think ABs will never be accepted to the extent that the gay community has. It's just too "weird" to think that an adult would want to be like a baby again, especially the bodily function part. That said, I believe some day a celebrity will come out and say they wear because they are IC and diapers are better than meds or underwear such as Depends.

Future awareness movement? No thanks! ABDL has and always will be a very personal and intimate thing for me, even if I do share a common interest with others. You won't see me advertising it anytime soon, especially in the light of BDSM (that's just asking for trouble).

I don't know if I could come out of the closet and say I'm a baby.
    I wonder how Many more ABs, would come out and say there baby, Then wear baby cloth and diapers in public every wear they go well in joying a soother.