Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyInDiapers

Rep for ABU
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
http://news.abuniverse.com/fda-wants-samples-of-our-inventory-delayed-shipping-times/
"Hello ABU Customers: 
Today we were given some unexpected information regarding the Space diapers. The FDA has alerted us that they wish to have a sample and perform some lab testing before the diapers can leave our warehouse.
We are very frustrated with this information, but as all diapers (even those that are worn for want, not need), are considered medical devices.
We will be shipping diapers containing Space diapers as soon as we get the green light from the FDA - this is generally a multi-day process and has already happened to us before without any negative events.
We will provide updates as necessary, and you will see a tracking number when your package ships.
I sincerely apologize for this. It’s 100% out of our control.
-Casey Strom President of ABU"
So so sorry to everyone. We can't rush the FDA or they will think we are hiding something. The inventory is sitting in our Everett warehouse (ALL ARE WELCOME TO COME LOOK), but it cannot leave. I was so frustrated when I got the call.
We're going to send an email out shortly...
Not a good day for Casey :(

It's good to see your spreading the word about the delay across reddit, FB, and here. I think that helps ease any concerns. From a conspiracy perspective though, the timing is rather odd when they were planned to ship out in 2 days. Hope everything works out quickly, I'm eagerly awaiting my 2 packs arriving!

Sonic007 said:
It's good to see your spreading the word about the delay across reddit, FB, and here. I think that helps ease any concerns. From a conspiracy perspective though, the timing is rather odd when they were planned to ship out in 2 days. Hope everything works out quickly, I'm eagerly awaiting my 2 packs arriving!

Usually these things pass pretty fast (2-3 days). I'm hoping this is one of those times...

MichaelWeston said:
Are they still available to buy?

Yes, But with a disclaimer that we don't have a definitive shipping date.

I'm sure everyone who ordered are disappointed, but also understand that its ABU's fault for the delay.

My question, sense this isn't the first time the FDA has done and inspection though... Do they know coming in what they are inspecting. And how do they react when they see what they're actually inspecting? They've obviously inspecting adult diapers before, but ABU or any other ABDL diapers are, lets be frank, different. Do they take notice, say anything, or just conduct their business and move on?

BabyCorry said:
I'm sure everyone who ordered are disappointed, but also understand that its ABU's fault for the delay.

My question, sense this isn't the first time the FDA has done and inspection though... Do they know coming in what they are inspecting. And how do they react when they see what they're actually inspecting? They've obviously inspecting adult diapers before, but ABU or any other ABDL diapers are, lets be frank, different. Do they take notice, say anything, or just conduct their business and move on?

If they are professionals, they just move on. They're a regulatory agency set up to ensure compliance with Federal Law, not to impose their own arbitrary standards - especially standards rooted in personal moral beliefs.

Regardless of how wierd and unsettling the average person may find a nappy fetish, it's not illegal, nor is setting up a business to cater to it.

If there is a conflict between an official's personal morals and the requirements of their job, the ethical thing to do is resign.

UPDATE: 10/14/2015 12:54PM PT - FDA Has Cleared our Exam, and we are ready to start shipping orders!

That was damn fast for a government bureaucracy (and I say that as a government employee). What exactly were they testing for, anyway? I would presume that the presence of absence of dangerous chemicals? Performance testing in use would surely take longer than one day.

Akastus said:
That was damn fast for a government bureaucracy (and I say that as a government employee). What exactly were they testing for, anyway? I would presume that the presence of absence of dangerous chemicals? Performance testing in use would surely take longer than one day.

They test for bacteria and other 'adulterants'* which could cause a health hazard - FDA approval has nothing to do with performance or practicality beyond 'will this be harmful to the user'. You can actually see a lot of the warning letters the FDA send to companies whose products fail their testing on their website.

Also, I'd just like to add how awesome ABU are at customer service. I emailed a question about my order in light of the shipping delays, and Casey himself called me up about ten minutes later to help me sort an alternative out in case I wasn't able to get my original order in time. Seriously, other companies need to take a leaf out of the ABU book of how to treat your customers right. And aside from great customer service, they all just seem like really lovely people!

Can't wait to get my hands on these :D

* - The irony of testing for adulterants in diapers made me giggle, but that might just be me ;)...

:D
NikJ said:
They test for bacteria and other 'adulterants'* which could cause a health hazard - FDA approval has nothing to do with performance or practicality beyond 'will this be harmful to the user'. You can actually see a lot of the warning letters the FDA send to companies whose products fail their testing on their website.

Pretty much what I figured.

NikJ said:
* - The irony of testing for adulterants in diapers made me giggle, but that might just be me ;)...

As an AB, I'm not I can sure that I can think of anything more horrifying than a substance that would force me to act like an adult (and yes, I know it doesn't mean that) ;)

They don't and won't tell us what they are looking for... I hope they know what they are looking for...

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, it was SHOCKINGLY fast.

- - - Updated - - -

NikJ said:

Also, I'd just like to add how awesome ABU are at customer service. I emailed a question about my order in light of the shipping delays, and Casey himself called me up about ten minutes later to help me sort an alternative out in case I wasn't able to get my original order in time. Seriously, other companies need to take a leaf out of the ABU book of how to treat your customers right. And aside from great customer service, they all just seem like really lovely people!

Can't wait to get my hands on these :D

Thank you so much for the kind feedback. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy (or maybe that's my diaper)..

:D

Casey Storm,
I've been wanting to say this for a long time, better late than never! Thank you for not only saving Abuniverse but also making it the best abdl company, one we can all be proud of! A big thanks to you and your team for all your hard work, I knew you could do it!
I received an awesome email earlier, my Space diapers will be landing on my door step soon, YAY!

Thanks again,
Michael

DLMunky said:
Casey Storm,
I've been wanting to say this for a long time, better late than never! Thank you for not only saving Abuniverse but also making it the best abdl company, one we can all be proud of! A big thanks to you and your team for all your hard work, I knew you could do it!
I received an awesome email earlier, my Space diapers will be landing on my door step soon, YAY!

Thanks again,
Michael

THANK YOU!!!! I will share this with the entire ABU team :)

I would also like to echo the thoughts of many on here. I visited AB Universe a few weeks back for the first time and Casey took time to talk to me about the situation with my wife and just being a DL in general. Such an awesome guy. If my wife didn't decide to be so against my DL side, I would definitely be a life long customer. Maybe in due time.

I got notice of my space's shipping today. (so did others) A+ for good communications. We love that here.

WOW! ok, so I'm sort of Hijacking this thread, sorry :dontgetit: .... but... WOW!!!! those look awesome! I think I totally have to order some ! :paci:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back