Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad News - ABU Space Shipping Delay

Default Bad News - ABU Space Shipping Delay

http://news.abuniverse.com/fda-wants...hipping-times/
    "Hello ABU Customers: 
Today we were given some unexpected information regarding the Space diapers. The FDA has alerted us that they wish to have a sample and perform some lab testing before the diapers can leave our warehouse.
    We are very frustrated with this information, but as all diapers (even those that are worn for want, not need), are considered medical devices.
    We will be shipping diapers containing Space diapers as soon as we get the green light from the FDA - this is generally a multi-day process and has already happened to us before without any negative events.
    We will provide updates as necessary, and you will see a tracking number when your package ships.
    I sincerely apologize for this. Itís 100% out of our control.
    -Casey Strom President of ABU"
    So so sorry to everyone. We can't rush the FDA or they will think we are hiding something. The inventory is sitting in our Everett warehouse (ALL ARE WELCOME TO COME LOOK), but it cannot leave. I was so frustrated when I got the call.
    We're going to send an email out shortly...
    Not a good day for Casey

It's good to see your spreading the word about the delay across reddit, FB, and here. I think that helps ease any concerns. From a conspiracy perspective though, the timing is rather odd when they were planned to ship out in 2 days. Hope everything works out quickly, I'm eagerly awaiting my 2 packs arriving!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic007 View Post
    It's good to see your spreading the word about the delay across reddit, FB, and here. I think that helps ease any concerns. From a conspiracy perspective though, the timing is rather odd when they were planned to ship out in 2 days. Hope everything works out quickly, I'm eagerly awaiting my 2 packs arriving!
    Usually these things pass pretty fast (2-3 days). I'm hoping this is one of those times...

MichaelWeston

Are they still available to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelWeston View Post
    Are they still available to buy?
    Yes, But with a disclaimer that we don't have a definitive shipping date.

MichaelWeston

Quote Originally Posted by klo555 View Post
    Yes, But with a disclaimer that we don't have a definitive shipping date.
    Ok.

I'm sure everyone who ordered are disappointed, but also understand that its ABU's fault for the delay.

My question, sense this isn't the first time the FDA has done and inspection though... Do they know coming in what they are inspecting. And how do they react when they see what they're actually inspecting? They've obviously inspecting adult diapers before, but ABU or any other ABDL diapers are, lets be frank, different. Do they take notice, say anything, or just conduct their business and move on?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyCorry View Post
    I'm sure everyone who ordered are disappointed, but also understand that its ABU's fault for the delay.

My question, sense this isn't the first time the FDA has done and inspection though... Do they know coming in what they are inspecting. And how do they react when they see what they're actually inspecting? They've obviously inspecting adult diapers before, but ABU or any other ABDL diapers are, lets be frank, different. Do they take notice, say anything, or just conduct their business and move on?
    If they are professionals, they just move on. They're a regulatory agency set up to ensure compliance with Federal Law, not to impose their own arbitrary standards - especially standards rooted in personal moral beliefs.

Regardless of how wierd and unsettling the average person may find a nappy fetish, it's not illegal, nor is setting up a business to cater to it.

If there is a conflict between an official's personal morals and the requirements of their job, the ethical thing to do is resign.

UPDATE: 10/14/2015 12:54PM PT - FDA Has Cleared our Exam, and we are ready to start shipping orders!

That was damn fast for a government bureaucracy (and I say that as a government employee). What exactly were they testing for, anyway? I would presume that the presence of absence of dangerous chemicals? Performance testing in use would surely take longer than one day.