Status
Not open for further replies.

gnd567

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So, whilst I was out of town on business my mom took it upon herself to clean my room for me which while I admit I appreciated it very much, there is a bit of a problem: my Nuk 5 paci, a onsie and my $80 pair of custom made shortalls are now nowhere to be found. I hope she didn't throw them away! Under my bed I found my other onsie and I was extremely relieved to find my teddy bear there as-well. I don't what to do. Kind of hard to ask your mother if she's seen your baby clothes. If she would've taken my teddy bear I would have cried.

At age 24 I think you have a right to ask. There may be a more political way of asking, like....have you seen all of my clothes, the emphasis on all. I understand, my house, my rules, but only up to a point, especially when it involves things that cost a lot of money.

well I sure hope you get your stuff back, like dog boy said, you will have to find a creative way of asking what she did with them.

Yeah. I guess something like dogboy suggested may be the way to go. They were expensive and they were made to my design and they mean a lot to me. Plus, taking a dude's pacifier is just mean!

At least she didn't take your diapers. Maybe she knows you needed them.

chuck said:
At least she didn't take your diapers. Maybe she knows you needed them.
I wonder why she left my diapers and teddy but not my clothes?

gnd567 said:
I wonder why she left my diapers and teddy but not my clothes?

It honestly sounds like either a mistake or things were moved somewhere else in the course of tidying up and you don't know where now. I agree with dogboy, ask politely and politically, there's no reason to beat around the bush.

ArchieRoni said:
It honestly sounds like either a mistake or things were moved somewhere else in the course of tidying up and you don't know where now. I agree with dogboy, ask politely and politically, there's no reason to beat around the bush.
Thanks. I will.

In the wash mabey she washed them I hope for your sake.
My mom I was 38 cleaned my room trashed my baby stuff we had a shouting match.
Two weeks later I moved out.
Never went back.

I think you should ask politely, even if it is difficult I'm pretty sure you don't want to lose something worth $80

Start with "thanks for cleaning my room, but some of my stuff isn't where I left it. Did you happen to move anything or throw anything away?" Just be diplomatic. My collar went missing once after my mom cleaned my room and that's how I started the conversation. She did t hat an eye, simply pulled it out of a drawer, sat down at the kitchen table and said, 'so, I take it you have a thing for bdsm?' Totally threw me off, but we had an adult conversation about it, and moved on.

I most certainly hope nothing was thrown out. I know the feeling of spending your own money on personal private things, stowing them away securely, but a parent just deciding they could throw it away anyway. Not a fun feeling at all.

The post just made before me, suggesting a nice way to handle opening the conversation.. is something I super agree with.

Maybe she thought it was dirty clothes and picked then up to wash them. I sure hope you find them with little stress.

MichaelWeston said:
Warning, never say "but" after a compliment or thank you. But retracts the compliment as if you really did not mean it. Rather than say "thanks for cleaning my room, but some of my stuff isn't where I left it." Say "thanks for cleaning my room mom. I had some of my stuff in there and now it isn't where I left it. Might you know where it is?"

Psychology major :)

It's true, I ignore everything somebody says before a "but" or "however."

She probably put the things somewhere just to see what you will do next. Will you ask about the things? Will you just move out? I've thought back to my late teen years when I'd developed what must have been a false sense of personal privacy when it came to my things, especially my dresser drawers. It's really silly when I consider that my bedroom only had THREE WALLS! No, it wasn't triangle shaped. My dad surely fished around in my dresser one day, found diapers and was so shocked that he never mentioned it. I can not now imagine living at home and having a hidden fetish because parents are going to take personal license in their own house, even if they shouldn't. Hopefully your mom is just baiting you into a conversation about it and has your stuff still.

So, I come home today and guess what I find on my bed? MY CLOTHES! Freshly washed and folded! Glad that I got em back but I don't know if I'm gonna bring it up.

So now just the pacifier is missing?

gnd567 said:
So, I come home today and guess what I find on my bed? MY CLOTHES! Freshly washed and folded! Glad that I got em back but I don't know if I'm gonna bring it up.

I guess this supports the theory that your mom just decided that the clothes were dirty and needed to be washed.

If you got everything back, I would drop the whole thing and act like nothing happened.

Seems like a thank you is in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back