Status
Not open for further replies.

CookieMonstah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hey all, I don't often post much but I just wanted to share this.

For a while, since getting a job, I wanted to order some of the Pampers diapers from the US as I live in the UK. I looked on eBay but the package could come when I wasn't around or my parents / family might see it.

I went onto diapers.com which I had found before but now they ship items to over 65 different countries plus they use UPS to deliver so you can choose a date or change the location to a UPS pick up point so you are less chance of being caught.

I got a box of Pampers Cruisers Size 7 92 count and collected them yesterday. I paid extra for fast shipping before realising you could change the date or location.

In total it cost me about £80 but I know in future I can save money and would only cost me like £60 plus they ship big cases so I won't need anymore until sometime next year.

TL;DR - I used diapers.com to get Pampers Cruisers Size 7 in the UK

It's great that you managed to import some size 7s. Would you be willing to sell a couple of them? I'm curious about them and would happily buy some off you, if you want. I'm in the UK, too :).

shnuxx said:
It's great that you managed to import some size 7s. Would you be willing to sell a couple of them? I'm curious about them and would happily buy some off you, if you want. I'm in the UK, too :).

I'm not so sure, I could probably sell half, 46 but I'd have to charge quite a bit considering I spent a lot. Roughly £35 plus like £5-10 p&p but I'm not so sure yet.

CookieMonstah said:
I used diapers.com to get Pampers Cruisers Size 7 in the UK

shnuxx said:
It's great that you managed to import some size 7s. Would you be willing to sell a couple of them?

This has been covered quite a bit, but seems worth repeating: Cruisers 7 is the same size as Baby Dry 6, which is widely available in the UK already. Sorry to burst your bubble! Cruisers, like Swaddlers, simply uses a differed system of sizes. It runs small, because it's intended to ride lower. It used to be that the elastic wings on Cruisers (and presumably Active Fit) were significantly sturdier than on other diapers, and could be stretched further. This was due, in large part, to a better system of welding the elastics to the tapes and to the body of the diaper. That system has since made its way to Baby Dry and to the other diapers. On top of that, the recent addition of extra padding to the Cruisers and Swaddlers elastics has made them more resistant to over-stretching.

TL;DR: Nobody should be spending a lot of time and money to obtain Cruisers 7. They're no bigger, and it's been a few years since they've had any advantage at all over the other Size 6's.

Here are some to-scale images. I didn't have Swaddlers when I made this, because Swaddlers 5 and 6 weren't yet available:
attachment.php

Cottontail said:
This has been covered quite a bit, but seems worth repeating: Cruisers 7 is the same size as Baby Dry 6, which is widely available in the UK already. Sorry to burst your bubble! Cruisers, like Swaddlers, simply uses a differed system of sizes. It runs small, because it's intended to ride lower. It used to be that the elastic wings on Cruisers (and presumably Active Fit) were significantly sturdier than on other diapers, and could be stretched further. This was due, in large part, to a better system of welding the elastics to the tapes and to the body of the diaper. That system has since made its way to Baby Dry and to the other diapers. On top of that, the recent addition of extra padding to the Cruisers and Swaddlers elastics has made them more resistant to over-stretching.

TL;DR: Nobody should be spending a lot of time and money to obtain Cruisers 7. They're no bigger, and it's been a few years since they've had any advantage at all over the other Size 6's.

Here are some to-scale images. I didn't have Swaddlers when I made this, because Swaddlers 5 and 6 weren't yet available:
attachment.php

Don't worry I have read many times about the differences, I compared the UK size 6 to the US size 7 and noticed the size 7 is slightly larger, not much but there's still a difference. I also enjoy the smell of the US pampers more and I love Sesame Street so to me the designs are really cute.

I have used Cruisers size 6 before when I was in New York last year. In the future I will try the other US diapers like Swaddlers and Baby Dry, maybe even Extra Protection. I earn about £400 (~$600) and I don't mind spending some of it on diapers.

DP_01.jpgDP_02.jpgDP_03.jpgDP_04.jpgDP_05.jpgDP_06.jpg
some suggestions for the baby diaper lovers ;)

I know it's been a while since I posted this but if anyone is interested I posted an unboxing on YouTube http://youtu.be/PWKomAsp3d4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back